Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Soft-Jailbreak 1.1.4 WITHOUT Baseband Upgrade!

Cool Soft-Jailbreak 1.1.4 WITHOUT Baseband Upgrade!
    Hey everyone,

This is Drakenza, of iDemocracy. I've been locked away working on iDemocracy 3, but thought I'd make a little contribution to the hacking effort due to my "disappearance" these last few weeks...

So, anyway, the story is that I upgraded to 1.1.4 for testing purposes but was stuck with the 04.04.05_G baseband. If you don't already know, this screws up the current unlocks. In order to work around this, I took the Dev Team 1.1.3 soft-upgrade and edited it a little to upgrade to 1.1.4 instead, and set some special permissions in order to make Installer work.

You can download the soft-jailbreak pack here: http://idemocracy.googlecode.com/fil...reak-1.1.4.zip

Directions for use:
    1. Make sure you're on firmware 1.1.2/1.1.3. Anything lesser will probably work, but you may damage your Nikita framework which will later allow SDK apps to work.
    2. Jailbreak your phone (if you haven't already) and install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH.
    3. SSH into your iPhone using WinSCP (on Windows) or Cyberduck or something else on Mac.
    4. Upload all the files in the "Jailbreak-1.1.4" folder to the ROOT of your iPhone! This is the "/" directory!
    5. Go to iPhone settings and set Auto-Lock to "Never"
    6. Now use Putty (Windows) or the native SSH client (Mac) to connect to your iPhone, and issue the following commands:

Code:
      cd /
      chmod +x ./install.sh
      ./install.sh
    7. Wait for it to finish. (Should take about 10-15 min). If you're doing this from 1.1.3, you'll probably see some errors towards the end which can be ignored.

This should work on iPhones and iPods, but if you want to jailbreak an iPod with 1.1.4, just use ZiPhone. iPods don't have basebands, as we all know .

If you don't care about unlocking or any of the baseband-related stuff, just use ZiPhone for your iPhone as well.

Feedback appreciated. iDemocracy 3 will bring a more elegant solution to this. Of course, iNdependence has a 1.1.4 unlock as well.

-- Drakenza

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Drakenza For This Useful Post:

wine_guy (2008-03-02)

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

cool although im not game enough to try it yet mabie on the weekend
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

I was REALLY hoping to seen non-ziphone code in this program. I'm Mr. iPhone tester and would otherwise jump all over this program.
    Hmm...

exNavy: This has nothing to do with ZiPhone. The code is based on the Dev Team 1.1.3 Soft Upgrade that came out before ZiPhone... There isn't a line of ZiPhone's code in here.

Anshu Chimala

I saw a file called "ziphone.dat" during decompression of the program bundle. That was my red flag.
    Hmm...

I'm scrolling through the script files and resource files and whatnot and I don't see ziphone or zibri.dat anywhere.

Hmm... dunno...

Anshu Chimala

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't use this method. If you do it it it will go through a constant loop. It loops from the edit the home screen instructions to restarting the spring board. What a bunch of crap.
    If you like what I said....Hit thanks
    If you don't like what I said....Hit thanks anyways

I'm still excited to see your final product. I'm glad other programmers are interested in putting together a gui solution.
    Hmm...

Ok, just to let ya know when i try to open iDemocracy I get a windows error saying it has created a problem and needs to close, i have closed all the process that relate to itunes, what gives? \
    M/