Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgading bootloader on 1.1.3. Safe? Can I keep my stuff?

Default Downgading bootloader on 1.1.3. Safe? Can I keep my stuff?
    I have a 1.1.3 OTB phone that I activated, jailbroke, unlock using the non-ziphone method (downgrading to 1.1.1 working my way back up, installing dev team soft upgrade, etc).

I'm considering downgrading my bootloader with Ziphone so that a) my google locater will work, b) I can upgrade to 1.1.4, c) general easiness of hackery in the future.

Am I safe (relatively speaking) to perform this operation? Do I have to wipe/restore my iphone first? If not, will I retain all my info/pictures/apps/etc? What do I have to do afterwards to get up to the proper baseband?

I hate doing this, but um...anyone?

sorry for my weak english,,

from the question that u asked,
    "Am I safe (relatively speaking) to perform this operation? Do I have to wipe/restore my iphone first? If not, will I retain all my info/pictures/apps/etc? What do I have to do afterwards to get up to the proper baseband?"

1. I think it is safe to do my phone was 1.1.2 otb, and i already downgrade its bootloader to 3.9. Still now, it is still working.
    2. The best way to do is restore, and don't do the upgrade.
    3. Normally, itunes will keep every data for you, and u can restore it back after u finished restore the firmware. However, as the recommendation of ziphone, they told that dont use itunes to backup, so u can use iphone pc suite to back ur data up. (I used itunes backup method to backup data, and my phone is working great.