Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroke to 1.1.4 and now no email

Default Jailbroke to 1.1.4 and now no email
    Hi everyone,
    I had 1.1.3 and saw ziphone jailbreaks to 1.1.4 so I restored to a fresh 1.1.3, and then used itunes to go to 1.1.4. Then used ziphone to do its thing. Everything works perfectly EXCEPT:

When I click on my email icon, it switches to a white screen and then kicks back to the home page. I have no email. I have tried deleting my email addresses and reinputting them in and nothing.

Please help!

Thank you,
    Mike

P.S. Anyone know how to get iphonebrowser to work properly on 1.1.4? I want to change my txt and email tone (once I get email, of course).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mine was doing the same thing on 1.1.2 and I installed the You Tube activation patch from installer (rebooted after install) and it made it work. Try that - if it doesn't work just downgrade to what you had on before...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

uh oh... i just checked my mail to see what would happen and got the same thing (on 1.1.4 jailbroken/unlocked)... UH OH!!! SPAGHETTI O!!

ISSUE FIXED:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those having issues with Mail not launching after 1.1.4, ssh to your iPhone (or use terminal) and enter chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/

Sorts out the permissions and Mail works perfectly!!
    Last edited by watice; 2008-02-28 at 05:02 PM. Reason: solution found

I've got this issue right now on 1.1.3 (an osx ziphone jailbreak/activate/unlock). I'll try the youtube patch and see what happens, although youtube seems to be working just fine.

[edit] Nope, no joy there. :-/
    Last edited by kyteflyer; 2008-02-28 at 09:05 PM.

i had same problem when i upgraded to 1.1.4. i think the problem caused by restoring your backup after ungrading.

everything's ok except installing summerboard from the Installer when i upgraded it again and did not restore my backup at this time. then email app is working good.