Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.0.2OTB with 1.1.1 unlocked, need to revirginize before upgrade to 1.1.4?

Default 1.0.2OTB with 1.1.1 unlocked, need to revirginize before upgrade to 1.1.4?
    Hi,
    I've searched, but no one seems to mention this anymore..

Previously, with my first iPhone (1.0.2OTB), i unlocked it, and when I have to upgrade to 1.1.1, i have to revirginize during the process. That caused me to bricked my iPhone... totally dead now..

anyway.. now with my 2nd iPhone... it's 1.0.2 OTB as well, but I upgraded to 1.1.1 before unlocking with anySIM, that was months ago.

Previously, we need to revirginize before upgrading, but I dunno whether I need to do this now to upgrade to 1.1.4. No one seems to mention this anywhere, and whenever there are guides to upgrade (even those that mention 1.1.1 unlocked), nothing was mentioned about revirginzing.. instead.. it's just upgrading via iTunes...

so if i unlocked my 1.1.1 (1.0.2 OTB) with anysim, do i still need to revirginize before i move to 1.1.4?

installer has a "revirginize 1.0.2" so you dont have to do it manually. THen upgrade to 1.1.3(1.1.4 isnt stable yet) and use ziphone to jailbreak, activate and then to go installer again, update bsd subsystem to 2.1 and community sources and then install anysim 1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by princemarko View Post
    installer has a "revirginize 1.0.2" so you dont have to do it manually. THen upgrade to 1.1.3(1.1.4 isnt stable yet) and use ziphone to jailbreak, activate and then to go installer again, update bsd subsystem to 2.1 and community sources and then install anysim 1.3.
    Hi,
    i have 1.1.1 anysim-unlocked... why do i need 1.0.2 revirginize?

you dont. If you want to you can. but you dont have to.

you dont. If you want to you can. but you dont have to.
    thanx....... so i can just use iTunes directly without problem.
    just to check.. mine is more like 3.9BL right?

Yes, it is. Also, I STRONGLY suggest you upgrade to 1.1.3 and not 1.1.4 just yet

Yes, it is. Also, I STRONGLY suggest you upgrade to 1.1.3 and not 1.1.4 just yet
    I feel that I trust independence more than ziphone, coz I'm a dev and ziphone is a source of prob to my users. but I'll wait till more success with independence first.

Quote Originally Posted by peeInMyPantz View Post
    I feel that I trust independence more than ziphone, coz I'm a dev and ziphone is a source of prob to my users. but I'll wait till more success with independence first.
    Ziphone has a lot less problems than the other processes, especially independence's 1.1.4 method right now. Dev team doesnt mean a thing, they are not official in any capacity. Zibri, Dev Team, Jack & Jill and all the three stooges are all hackers that are modifying Apple's software in the iPhone. Until the SDK comes out, you are just picking the method to use that has the least problems and Ziphone so far is ahead.

Ziphone has a lot less problems than the other processes, especially independence's 1.1.4 method right now. Dev team doesnt mean a thing, they are not official in any capacity. Zibri, Dev Team, Jack & Jill and all the three stooges are all hackers that are modifying Apple's software in the iPhone. Until the SDK comes out, you are just picking the method to use that has the least problems and Ziphone so far is ahead.
    I don't believe that ZiPhone is far ahead ... coz it has a lot of problems. I'm get really annoyed by the amount of compatibility issues that comes from ZiPhone not setting permissions properly. Independence never have such a problem. You will know when you start installing some applications that require certain files in the system. ZiPhone doesn't set their permission properly, so you have to set it yourself.