Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do you upgrade your firmware?

Default how do you upgrade your firmware?
    i have a tmobile jailbroken iphone and im at 1.0.2 and want to get to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 but how do i do that without getting it bricked?

Quote Originally Posted by muezziik View Post
    i have a tmobile jailbroken iphone and im at 1.0.2 and want to get to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 but how do i do that without getting it bricked?
    go to http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php and download the 1.1.3 firmware first...

Delete all your installer 3rd party apps first, you'll have to reload them later.

Then connect your iphone to itunes and hit Shift(windows) and update at the same time or Option(mac os x) and update. Point the window to the 1.1.3 firmware file you downloaded and saved on your desktop and let it do its thing. Use Ziphone to jailbreak and activate your iphone.... Connect to Wifi and then go to installer and update your bsd subsystem and community sources. Reboot your iphone for good measure. Back to installer and install anysim 1.3, put your iphone in airplane mode, unlock and you're good to go... if you have no sound from your iphone: go to settings, general, reset and reset all settings.
    Last edited by princemarko; 2008-02-28 at 03:00 PM.

what do you mean shift(windows)? it doesnt do anything

click the Shift button AND the Update button in itunes with your mouse at the same time. It will pop open a window to allow you to select a specific file, which will be your 1.1.3 firmware you downloaded. Again... click the SHIFT key on your keyboard and use your mouse to click on the UPDATE button on your itunes iphone summary screen AT THE SAME TIME.

the ziphone doesnt work