Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 upgrade question help

Default 1.1.4 upgrade question help
    Ok so i was trying to upgrade to 1.1.3, and by accident i upgraded to 1.1.4... I tired the ziphone and it didnt work, im still stuck at a activation screen on my phone and its got the restore icon on the screen instead for the earth like the other firmware versions. It says slide for emergency like the other firmwares did, but like i said the background is the restore icone(itunes logo and the usb chord pluged into it)..
    Can someone please help me get out of this, maybe downgrade options or even jailbreaking/activation/unlocking options...
    Please help

Default 1.1.4 upgrade question help
    ok so i by accident upgraded my iphone to 1.1.4...and its now at an activation screen with the connect to itunes icon, (the itunes logo with a usb cabel), and theres the slide for emergency tool bar there also...Is there a way to downgrade or jailbreak/activate/unlock it? I previously had a 1.1.2 unlocked/jailbreked/activated iphone.
    -Please help

Well because ZiPhone cant activate yet, give it a few days, either you can wait it out, or downgrade, then upgrade back to 1.1.3 and jailbreak/unlock/activate

You can activate and/or jailbreak it....but as of now you CANT unlock it, so your screwed.

Anyway, Ziphone will activate/jailbreak it. But no unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminsk View Post
    Ok so i was trying to upgrade to 1.1.3, and by accident i upgraded to 1.1.4... I tired the ziphone and it didnt work, im still stuck at a activation screen on my phone and its got the restore icon on the screen instead for the earth like the other firmware versions. It says slide for emergency like the other firmwares did, but like i said the background is the restore icone(itunes logo and the usb chord pluged into it)..
    Can someone please help me get out of this, maybe downgrade options or even jailbreaking/activation/unlocking options...
    Please help
    Use ziphone 2.4 with a little bit modification from here http://george.zjlotto.com/index.php/...pgrade-to-114/ to get your 1.1.4 jailbroken.

k well ur not screwed at all people are...ya. just download a 1.1.3.ipsw file from the net, put in restore mode, then option-click restore to the 1.1.3, then use ijailbreak its better then ziphone.

Ok i jailbroke and activated it with 1.1.4 and the new 04.04.05_G baseband...all i need now is for an unlock to come out for 1.1.4 and ill be fine... I used http://george.zjlotto.com/ and copied the zibri.dat file into the ziphone file and it worked perfectly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a (OTB 1.1.2) contracted to O2 and updated to 1.1.3 and jailbroken with ZiPhone, I have not updated to 1.1.4 yet but I just wanted to know if all I have to do is to copy the zibri.dat file to the ZiPhone program folder and run ZiPhone to jailbreak and activate once I update to 1.1.4????

Thanks a lot.

Sorry, also what version of ZiPhone do I need??

Ok, I have updated to 1.1.4 with iTunes and successfully jailbroken with ZiPhone 2.4 downloaded from http://www.downloadziphone.org/ without having to modify the files in the downloaded ZiPhone program folder which was suggested in one of the above posts, everything was just standard and simple and my phone is now working with 1.1.4 and jailbroken.

Hope this is help to others with any questions about updating to 1.1.4

Thanks.
    Last edited by mwr_allen; 2008-02-29 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok i now how a fully unlocked/jailbroken/and activated 1.1.4 phone with 04.04.05_G...used Ziphone to jailbreak and activate and then added iclarified source to use the 1.1.4 unlock...heres a Tutorial http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=740... enjoy

The best way i found to do this was as follows... to achieve 1.1.4 full unlock running on new 04.04.05_G

~~~~~~~~ONLY FOR BOOT LOADER 3.9~~~~~~

Start with 1.1.3 unlocked. > Upgrade with itunes to 1.1.4.

Or

Start with a fresh RESTORE to 1.1.4

Then, use independence to "Activate" your iPhone. it will also JAILBREAK it.

Once it is "Activated" use independence to RE JAIL.. thats right JAIL your phone again.

It will stay activated.

Then, use Ziphone to jailbreak / verbose boot your phone.... let it do it's thing.

Then, you will have a Activated, Jailbroken, and INSTALLER will be installed with the Ziphone jailbreak.

Then go to iClarified in Installer and install the 1.1.4 UNLOCK.. *Set auto lock to NEVER* .. dont forget BSD Subsystems..

Now you will have a iPhone on 1.1.4 Activated,Jailbroken,Unlocked all on the new 04.04.05_G !!!!

If your sim does not work, use iNdependence to SIM FREE it, but is should work from 1.1.3 once you use iClarified 1.1.4 updater...

P.S. I am 1.1.4 Unlocked / Jailbroken, Activated on ROGERS network with BootLoader 3.9