Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wont connect to internet

Default wont connect to internet
    Hi all
    i have been using my Iphone (unlocked, using 2.1) for about 1 month and have been using the internet with vodafone, i recieved a call from them suggesting i went on their web browsing plan, (5 quid a month) which i did, but for the past 2 days i have been unable to access the internet through the iphone, wifi works fine.
    i have tried the sim card in vodafone phone, works fine.
    i just cant under stand why it was working now has stopped.
    does anyone have any ideas please
    thanks Al

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

I know in the US, most carriers require special plans for smartphones... and they could block your internet if you try to bypass this, but IDK if Vodafone offers Data plans specially fit for smartphones...? If so, maybe they disabled your internet until you upgrade to the higher priced plan?

Thanks

Web Browsing and Data plans are different, and use different servers. Maybe your provider has switched you to a web browsing plan and your iPhone is still trying to connect to the Data web server. You may need to adjust you're network (previously EDGE) settings.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

just for information.

i have fixed the problem by reseting the network settings and re-input the net wrok setting for vodafone, all working now.

thanks