Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missing Apps!

Default Missing Apps!
    I upgraded my jailbroken/unlocked phone to 2.1 over the weekend, and I have noticed that several of my aps, including Shazaam and Light Saber do not show up now. I've backed up and they show up in iTunes but not on the phone itself. When I try to re-download, it tells me I already have it installed. I tried deleting the copy from iTunes and then trying to install agin. It goes through the install process with no problem, then the app disappears. Has anyone had this problem and do you know how to resolve? Is it connected to the upgrade?

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't use lightsaber, but Shazaam survived my upgrade to 2.1 on both phones... ???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If you had them in the Catagories App, then they are still in their folders. This happened to me because I used the previous backup option in the restore/upgrade process. You can (a) install Catagories and name the folders exactly the same as before (b) Try getting them thru Poof (c) Do the update again, but do the new phone option instead of using the backup option. Hope this helps!

I did use categories, and I'm guessing you're right about that. I'm not sure I can name them exactly the same, so I probably need to go with the last option. Since I jailbroke and unlocked with Pwnage 2.1, how do I update with new phone option instead of the backup option?

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iTunes->Choose Restore->Run the restore->It'll give you the option to use from backup or as a new phone-> Choose new phone, then run Pwnage again... Just have mine jailbroken, so not sure if you have to do anything else special for the unlock process.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I know lightsaber was taken down (the appstore app) due to copyright issues. It is possible that itunes won;t let you load it back on due to this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Saw this from another similar issue try this before restoring:

----------------------------------
    'You dont have to restore it.. i had the same problem all you need to do is make sure your phone is jailbroken and have boss prefs installed...

start up boss prefs, choose the "poof" app and then you will see all of your apps/programs... all you have to do is toggle the on/off switch and your apps will appear on the springboard...