Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Silly Newbie Question

Default Silly Newbie Question
    Hi

First post so forgive my naive question !

I just took the 'easy but not cheap' route and bought an already jailbroken 1.1.3 Iphone of Ebay. It's also sim unlocked.

I haven't received it yet, should arrive tomorrow. My question is, will I still need to connect it to my PC to activate it? Or if I put my Vodafone sim straight in will it work immediately? I want to make calls as soon as it arrives here with me at work, rather than waiting til I get home to connect it up.

Thanks in advance for any help here !

MonkeeShines

P.S I saw the news about 1.1.4, so I should definitely hold off doing any auto upgrades right?!

If you going to upgrade you should have bought a phone from Apple and not spend extra for a jailbroken & unlocked phone from eBay. You know if you upgrade your firmware you will have to re jailbreak an unlock.

Thanks for the reply Charlyc, yes I realise that, but that wasn't really my question !

if the phone is unlock and sim locked as you call it just take your sim and put it in the phone... now if you get the phone and turn it on and the emergency slider comes up you got screwed... but if you dont then its all good just pop that Vodafone card in..
    iPhone 8gb- OTB 1.1.3 fully unlocked and everything working great plus mods