Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problem with iphone 3g and internet

Default problem with iphone 3g and internet
    ok. heres the rundown:

bought a new iphone 3g on a contract with internet. jailbroke it so that i can install cydia/installer 4.0. after jailbreaking was able to connect to the internet through wifi only and not able to get the net through 3g. called my provider and went through heaps of different methods but nothing fixed the problem.

did a restore of a normal 2.1 firmware through itunes, didn't jailbreak, check internet now and it works over 3g. so my query is that if you own a legit iphone 3g (on a contract with internet usage available), does jailbreaking somehow block the ability to use the internet on the 3g network. anyone else have the same problem or has anyone found a work around to allow internet access on a 3g network after jailbreaking the 3g iphone. hope that makes sense to someone haha. any feedback would be great.

cheers

Thanks

Try plugging the iphone into itunes after jailbreaking and let it be recognized then try and connect to the internet. I have noticed that anytime I update or install programs in Cydia I often can no longer connect on wifi even though it shows I am connected with all settings until i replug into itunes.