Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Couple of issues with my recent upgrade/re-jailbreak. Help appreciated

Default Couple of issues with my recent upgrade/re-jailbreak. Help appreciated
    Hi all. Long time reader, first post.

I jailbroke my 1st gen iphone(AT&T) with iLiberty several months back and sat at 1.1.4 / 7.6.2.9 itunes all along out of fear of bricking my phone/losing all of my apps.

So I finally decided to upgrade and Quickpwn (Windows) the other night. I did everything according to the instructions.

1. Upgraded Itunes to 8
    2. Upgraded Firmware to 2.1
    3. Quickpwn

Everything seemed to work without issues. Yeah I lost all of my apps but I was ready for the jump and obviosuly having Cydia, installer and the app store was more than a worthwhile proposition.

So here is my current issue and I want to thank you in advance for any advice you can offer me.

ISSUE 1: When I reboot it hangs for what seems to be a minute (pineapple logo) and then it just goes to the home page. I recall having to "Slide to unlock" before. Is this normal?

ISSUE 2: When I go to installer it keeps saying ERROR: HOST NOT FOUND. Cydia and the app store seem to work just fine. Any advice...er, simplified advice?

ISSUE 3: Everytime I go onto the App store it seems to kick me off wifi and onto Edge. Or is there some sort of glitch withthe wifi/edge icons in the statusbar?

thanks again and I hope you can help me.

Oliver

Just a quick update in the event anyone else suffers from issue #2.

To resolve Issue #2 simply remove the modmyiphone source from installer as it is the problem. Is there a replacement??

Any help on the other issues would still be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Swiftshark; 2008-09-22 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost