Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please help with this stupid problem 2.1?????

Default please help with this stupid problem 2.1?????
    ok well long story short.. i can NEVER restore using my desktop apparently.. ive installed, uninstalled itunes i always get a damn error.. or completely mess up my phone, just had to get a new one after trying to upgrade to 2.0.2.

Anyway, the important stuff.. i started on my desktop i made a backup in hopes to upgrade to 2.1 of course two hours goes by nothing but errors and fustrtations that drive me abosolutly crazy and makes me hate apple... finally i hook it up to my laptop it does the 2.1 upgrade of course at this time my phone is completely blank with fresh 2.1.. so i go to desktop in hopes to get my numbers back.. do restore from backup.. it loads all my stuff is normal and of course im back to 2.0.2
    questiion IS: how do i go to 2.1 and still retain my data? i thought i was going about it the right way apparantly not thanx

Thanks

To keep your contacts back them up through itunes (right click iphone on the left pannel and chose back up) Your music and video should be on your comp already. Anything that you downloaded ex jailbroken apps, music, video you can backup through your favorite ssh program. Your purchased apps will be backed up with your contacts.

As far as your problem to restore goes. Where did you download the firmware from? What method did you go by to jailbrake? Have you tried searching for a custom 2.1 .ispw to restore to that has been confirmed to work?
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]