Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I use QuickPwn to just switch boot and recovery logo pngs?

Question Can I use QuickPwn to just switch boot and recovery logo pngs?
    Okay, I'm on a very stable 2.1 jailbroken iPhone. I broke it using the hard way that Sleepers.net (BigBoss) described. I fudged up my boot and recovery pngs, they are blank.

Again, I'm stable and LOVING it.

What I'd like to try and do is to us QuickPwn to change the boot and recovery logos on my ALREADY jailbroken and got-lots-of-apps-that-I-don't-want-to-reload on it.

Any thoughts? I'm confortable with using uniextract.exe to tear apart the current quickpwn.exe file and change the parts inside, I just want to know if it's possible before I try and muck up my iPhone (again!)

THanks for any help.

OneRing2Rule
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

Thanks

unfortunately you must create a new .ispw file with the new custom boot thus repeating the jailbreak process. I usually wait until the next software and have my boot logos ready
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i've been told and watched videos on youtube of it working perfectly fine...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aur1-yUobf0]YouTube - Swap boot logos on iPhone 3G[/ame]
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smirkis For This Useful Post:

OneRing2Rule (2008-09-21)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post

YouTube - Swap boot logos on iPhone 3G
    Then do it and let us know how it goes. You seem to have more confidence in this working than anyone else. From all I have read it can;t be done, but the video is promising
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post

YouTube - Swap boot logos on iPhone 3G
    i followed her steps exactly as described and I can confirm it works

the trick is getting a png file that works... browse this thread for some good png files that are formatted correctly
    [PwnageTool] Custom Boot Logo Thread! - Page 32 - Hackint0sh

here are some more boot logos:
    Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More - Downloads - Boot Logos

get quickpwn rc3 here: Download QuickPWN RC3 | QuickPWN
    right click on the exe and extract the file (i used winrar). You will have a data folder where you can replace the logo.png file.

get a firmware 2.0.2 and follow the instructions just like the video and it works.

I'm still on version 2.1 and ALL my jailbroken apps and settings are retained. MAKE SURE TO UNCHECK CYDIA AND INSTALLER!

Thanks!
    Last edited by sye46; 2008-09-21 at 02:16 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sye46 For This Useful Post:

elr0y7 (2008-09-22)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sye46 View Post
    i followed her steps exactly as described and I can confirm it works

the trick is getting a png file that works... browse this thread for some good png files that are formatted correctly
    [PwnageTool] Custom Boot Logo Thread! - Page 32 - Hackint0sh

here are some more boot logos:
    Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More - Downloads - Boot Logos

get quickpwn rc3 here: Download QuickPWN RC3 | QuickPWN
    right click on the exe and extract the file (i used winrar). You will have a data folder where you can replace the logo.png file.

get a firmware 2.0.2 and follow the instructions just like the video and it works.

I'm still on version 2.1 and ALL my jailbroken apps and settings are retained. MAKE SURE TO UNCHECK CYDIA AND INSTALLER!

Thanks!
    her method worked great for me also....i did it on two different phones running 2.1....enojy
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

Sweet. That. Is. The. Sh1t.
    Perfect, apple and crossbones on boot and BSOD on recovery. Bwhahahahhahahaaaaa.

Thanks to all and the YouTuber old lady. (her words,not mine....)

OneRing2Rule
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

you guys....MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS WITH QUICKPWN 2.1 AND USE THE 2.1 FIRMWARE.

I HAD PROBLEMS SYNCING WITH ITUNES WHEN I USED FIRMWARE 2.0.2 (it would just reboot during a sync)

I FIXED THIS USING THE NEW QUICKPWN 2.1 AND 2.1 FIRMWARE.

I HAD PROBLEMS SYNCING WITH ITUNES WHEN I USED FIRMWARE 2.0.2 (it would just reboot during a sync)

This worked for me and I can still sync my iphone fine.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

Sorry that this happened to you. But I used the Quickpwn RC3 that was mentioned in the YouTube video and linked in the post, along with the 2.0.2 firmware that was on my laptop.

It definitely works. I am using iTunes 8 and swaptunes to sync on both laptop and desktop.

g/l

OneRing2Rule