Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade from 2.1 to 2.0.2 ??

Default Downgrade from 2.1 to 2.0.2 ??
    i had a 2.0.2 winpwn 1stgen unlocked and jailbroken .. and i updated to 2.1 with a customfirmware someone posted up (grip) .. and now im not liking the 2.1 .. my phone seemed more stable on 2.0.2 i tried googling how to downgrade but i cant find much .. does anyone know if this is even possible if so how do i go about doing this .. thanks also does 2.1 affect the baseband? if so does it still effect it if i updated with a cfw ?

Thanks

I just read a post somewhere earlier today where a guy said he was able to downgrade by shift-restore right in iTunes8 by disconnecting totally from the network. I havenot tried so I cannot verify. Just tossing this out as a possibility.
    If you did downgrade that way, it woul not downgrade the baseband. Essentially you would have an iPhone running 2.0.2 with a 2.1 baseband

but does upgrading with a customfirmware upgrade your baseband ? or only if you upgrade through itunes?

anyone? please help =D
    Last edited by timmyinpajamas; 2008-09-22 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to timmyinpajamas For This Useful Post:

imkj (2008-10-10)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works fine with custom 2.0.2 firmware previously made with pwnage/winpwn. You can find one online!