Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SiMpLe Way To UPGRADE to Firmware 2.1 UnLOCKED/JAILBROKEN (windows)

Quote Originally Posted by Aws3ya View Post
    Restore a Official 2.1 fw and re do the step by step with Quickpwn you should be ok.

Dude,
    All the cfw posted are .ipsw it is vista that is causing it to be downloaded as a zip file just rename the CFW by removing the .zip on the end and leave it at .ipsw

Thanks, but you can't just remove the .zip at the end like you can in XP, XP has a delete key thats not available on Vista....in Vista you have to go about changing all the files like that, bla, bla bla......its not a quick, easy, "just rename it" step.....thats why I was looking for FW that didn't have the unLock, that already had the .ipsw file name at the end and that wouldn't be converted into a "false" .zip like the FW thats in the first post of this thread......I DL the "phantomFW" (in the first post with the unlock) and no .zip, I DL a CFW from the server in the "All questions about 2.1 thread" and got the "false .zip.....

I was looking for the EASY way to do this, so I could also do the "shift-restore" jailbreak instead of the other methods...thats all....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did this method the other night and it worked flawlessly. My only regret is that i lost all of my cydia apps and such. which was okay for the most part cuz I had a lot of crap I never used anyway. but things like lock box i wish woul just get reloaded..
    You should be able to set a Custom Firmware up that doesn't wipe out the apps folder...
    Thanks again.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dunhill98 View Post
    Thanks, but you can't just remove the .zip at the end like you can in XP, XP has a delete key thats not available on Vista....in Vista you have to go about changing all the files like that, bla, bla bla......its not a quick, easy, "just rename it" step.....thats why I was looking for FW that didn't have the unLock, that already had the .ipsw file name at the end and that wouldn't be converted into a "false" .zip like the FW thats in the first post of this thread......I DL the "phantomFW" (in the first post with the unlock) and no .zip, I DL a CFW from the server in the "All questions about 2.1 thread" and got the "false .zip.....

I was looking for the EASY way to do this, so I could also do the "shift-restore" jailbreak instead of the other methods...thats all....
    dude,

you are better off updating thru iTunes directly to fw 2.1 so you dnt have to worry bout renaming the fw and use Quickpwn to jailbreak with out "unlocking" just do not select the "Activate" option on quickpwn.
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Thank you so much theone77 and Aws3ya! I have ben looking for a easy way to upgrade to 2.1 and you guys have provided me with that. Thank you sooo very much. I can't believe how easy it was. I seriously didn't know anything about updating an i[hne before this. You guys rock! Seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by theone77 View Post
    I already did this and tested in 4 iphone classic. For 3G this will work also, just download a custom 2.1 Firmware specifically for ur device/3g firmware and follow the instructions. (3g - posted on 2nd page )

1. DOWNLOAD a customize 2.1 Firmware for iphone classic here
    #From Aws3ya of team applei
    + Will Activate / Jailbreak / and Unlock your iPhone
    "Note:
    If WinterBoard and MIM didn't show up after the restore just reinstall WinterBoard and it will come out with the pre loaded themes and MIM too. Cfw comes with Openssh,openssl,Cydia sources Talking Alerts, five icon docks as well." - Aws3ya

2. USE ITUNES 8 and let your iphone be detected (even it is 1.1.2 or 1.1.1)

3.SHIFT + RESTORE then choose the customize FIRMWARE 2.1 you downloaded.

VIOLA & Dance (optional) ;-)

note: NO NEED to be on DFU mode or else there will be an error. I never had an error for the 4 iphone i upgraded using this process.

Now if there will be an error use winpwn and follow the instruction, let winpwn make ur iphone to be on DFU mode then if it is now ready for restoring (with the logo of winpwn restore mode) instead of using the FW made by winpwn use the firmware 2.1 that i mentioned above (step1) thru itunes 8
    ================================================== ========================

another CUSTOMIZE FIRMWARE 2.1 from Phantom
    Here's my 2.1 custom firmware for the iPhone Classic

whats included are the following:

- default Apple boot/recovery logos
    - Bossprefs*
    - WinterBoard*
    - Cycorder
    - OpenSSH
    - OpenSSL
    - 5 Dock iCon
    - lots of sources
    i'm from Philippines, and has an iPhone 1.1.3 unlocked , jailbroken and activated,

can i directly update it to 2.1 using the cfw link given above?
    please reply, i want to update it very soon...=)

and how about the SIM card? SHOULD it be removed during the process? or NOT remove it?
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:11 PM.

Yes you can, i just carried out this today and went perfect!!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EJ207 View Post
    Yes you can, i just carried out this today and went perfect!!

Thanks!
    Hello i'm from Philippines, with iPhone 1.1.3 unlocked/activated and jailbroken. can i update it directly to 2.1 using the CFW link given above?

what about the SIM card? SHOULD it be removed or NOT be removed?
    the iPhone, ON or OFF during the process?

=)

try the other link from megaupload
    also check it our from here: .. applei.ph |:..

check this out: .. applei.ph |:..

Roll call of all who successfully updated using that cfw
    hello Aws3ya!
    i just want to ask you about what link is most favor of having successful result? is it with the filefactory o with the mega upload?
    Last edited by asker; 2008-10-31 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asker View Post
    Hello i'm from Philippines, with iPhone 1.1.3 unlocked/activated and jailbroken. can i update it directly to 2.1 using the CFW link given above?

what about the SIM card? SHOULD it be removed or NOT be removed?
    the iPhone, ON or OFF during the process?

=)

hello Aws3ya!
    i just want to ask you about what link is most favor of having successful result? is it with the filefactory o with the mega upload?
    yes simple as that, just do a shift+restore(win) or option+restore(mac) and you are good to go. you can leave the sim in. i'll pm you for more details.

as for the links i posted the cfw on two sites so people can have a choise which downloads faster for them, you can try either one they are the same files.

i'm from Philippines, and has an iPhone 1.1.3 unlocked , jailbroken and activated,

can i directly update it to 2.1 using the cfw link given above?
    please reply, i want to update it very soon...=)

and how about the SIM card? SHOULD it be removed during the process? or NOT remove it?
    here's what you need to do:

-Update itunes to latest version (8.X.X.X)
    _ Download cfw 2.1, saved on a Folder that is easy to find.
    _ Connect iPhone (Turned on)
    _Assuming you are using win hold Shift(keyboard) and press restore (iTunes) and option+restore if using mac.
    -Itunes will look for the cfw that you downloaded and save earlier, navigate to that and click open.
    - Sit back and let iTunes do everything for you, do not interrupt the process.

Should take around 15-20 mins, after iPhone reboots for one last time you'll have a activated-jailbroken-unlocked 2.1 fw

I sent you a pm btw
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 2008-10-31 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

asker (2008-11-01)

Thanks a lot - theone77, and all those behind this custom rom!

Just upgraded now from 1.1.4 to 2.1 in the method prescribed here and it worked like a charm!

THANKS !

I've done a restore of the actual 2.1 firmware, and I've been waiting for it to restart for about half an hour now. Is something wrong or should I let it sit longer?

yes simple as that, just do a shift+restore(win) or option+restore(mac) and you are good to go. you can leave the sim in. i'll pm you for more details.

as for the links i posted the cfw on two sites so people can have a choise which downloads faster for them, you can try either one they are the same files.

here's what you need to do:

-Update itunes to latest version (8.X.X.X)
    _ Download cfw 2.1, saved on a Folder that is easy to find.
    _ Connect iPhone (Turned on)
    _Assuming you are using win hold Shift(keyboard) and press restore (iTunes) and option+restore if using mac.
    -Itunes will look for the cfw that you downloaded and save earlier, navigate to that and click open.
    - Sit back and let iTunes do everything for you, do not interrupt the process.

Should take around 15-20 mins, after iPhone reboots for one last time you'll have a activated-jailbroken-unlocked 2.1 fw

I sent you a pm btw

hi again!

just want to ask you on how can i remove the MIM application?
    and Cydia also?

please reply..=]

btw, thanks alot!! i've successfully updated my iPhone and as well as my sister's iPhone!!!

thnks!!

i'll wait for your immediate reply..=]

Cannot believe the way my posts have been completely ignored on here. Guess my questions were a little too hard for this group.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Private69 View Post
    Cannot believe the way my posts have been completely ignored on here. Guess my questions were a little too hard for this group.
    What is your question? I only see a post from a while ago, on page 9... Maybe I can help.

Ok,

I am officially confused.

I have read and read and, after my eyes uncrossed and my gray matter stopped oozing out of ears and nose, I read some more. Seems there are many post and threads about updating to the latest and greatest FW from Apple and advancing to a a Jailbroken status.

What I am not sure of yet is if there is a way to use a non-mac system to upgrade to the 2.1 Jailbroken FW without loosing all my contacts, photos, settings, etc (both stock iPhone AND Cyndia).

I know I found a thread to do it on the Mac, but not a single thread for non Mac is clear on this issue.

When I went from my original, stock FW and did my first Jailbreak, I lost ALL of my photos and I do NOT want to go through this again if I can help it.

If I have simply missed a thread or misunderstood something I have read, I can live with that. Just please point me toward the info I should have understood already and I will be a good little boy and go back to reading again...

Connect your phone & right click on the iphone line in the left of your iTunes until the prompts come up. Then select back up now. All your contacts & everything else from the phone will be saved. After you upgrade the firmware with the custom ipsw, using the shift, restore method in iTunes, iTunes will ask you if you want to set your phone up as a new phone, or restore from a back up. Choose restore from back up. It will show you all your previous back up's & all you need to do is click the one you want. Then go back through your itunes & select all the pics, music, videos, & whatever else you want back onto the phone. I hope this was the question you needed answered. If not, fire away again...
    Last edited by infamous12550; 2008-11-01 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

I had upgraded my first gen. with this CFW and all had gone smoothly.

Yesterday I tried to do the same upgrade for my buddy's iPhone on my computer (same computer that upgraded my phone).

About a minute into the upgrade I get error 21.
    Tried it 3 times and got the same error 21.

I searched the net and found out it might be due to multiple iPhones on the same computer.

Does anyone have a fix for error 21?

I know we can try it on another computer but I would like the ability to upgrade other iPhones on mine.

Thanks!

Thanks

Dude,

Your question was never ignored and i remember replying to you to read back a few pages since i answered a similar question as yours, maybe you did not read back, i am sorry if you feel that we are not helping you out, Please read back a few pages and the answer is there.

hi again!

just want to ask you on how can i remove the MIM application?
    and Cydia also?

please reply..=]

btw, thanks alot!! i've successfully updated my iPhone and as well as my sister's iPhone!!!

thnks!!

i'll wait for your immediate reply..=]

SSH - a back end process to enable wireless access to your iphone's files through SSH using the desktop's WinSCP/putty for windows & terminal/Cyberduck/Fugu for macs. if you are not completely up to it, there's a possibility that you will mess up your iphone and will require a restore, if you want to just hide that MIM icon, to do that you need to download and install from Cydia an app called Bossprefs, after that open Bossprefs and you'll see "Hide Icons" click on that and find the "MIM" app turn the switch to "OFF" and then press the home button display will refresh and MIM should be gone by then.

Why would you want to remove Cydia? it is the best thing that ever happened to iPhone, Cydia provides you with fixe,patches and apps, themes readily available for down load from hundreds of repositories.

were you asking the same question the other day at applei.ph?
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 2008-11-02 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default are you going to do 2.2?
    when it comes out...i tried this method and woooow it work!!

Does 2.1 naturally run slower than other fws? I ask because I did this upgrade about a month ago and now I am having problems. The os is running slow as hell and the battery dies in about 6 hours from a full charge. Its as if some operation is constantly running because the phone is like a fire in my pocket. Any ideas? Or should I just redownload and redo the whole process?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CompoundBoost For This Useful Post:

sirluis94 (2008-11-04)

Has anyone experienced Error Code 9? When I do a restore, it'll go all the way to where the iphone restarts and the has the spinning wheel on the bottom. Then it'll sit there for hours if I let it. When I unplug it or stop it, it'll then give me error code 9. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

I keep getting a (1604) error when trying to restore the phone. I have a 3g phone running stock 2.1 which has never been jailbroken. I downloaded the 3g 2.1 ipsw and chose the shift+restore and got a 1604 error. I then tried doing it in dfu mode and the same thing happened. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks

sorry bro but i think your question is already answered. DONT IGNORE THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTION!! got it?

Quote Originally Posted by 94loranger View Post
    I keep getting a (1604) error when trying to restore the phone. I have a 3g phone running stock 2.1 which has never been jailbroken. I downloaded the 3g 2.1 ipsw and chose the shift+restore and got a 1604 error. I then tried doing it in dfu mode and the same thing happened. What am I doing wrong??
    did u try itunes to detect ur phone in a normal way? the last option that im doing for this is using winpwn to put my phone in dfu mode. the normal way of dfu mode were doing seems not successful for upgrading...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO ALL, before upgrading, make sure you have the latest ITUNES VERSION...let itunes detect your phone... DONT MANUALLY GO FOR DFU MODE when restoring ur phone . LET ITUNES DETECT UR PHONE w/ old Firmware then ****+restore (then CFW that downloaded).This is 100% NO ERROR for me and to AWS3YA also. i dont know why others still getting some error like this.
    Last edited by theone77; 2008-11-04 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast