Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SiMpLe Way To UPGRADE to Firmware 2.1 UnLOCKED/JAILBROKEN (windows)

Thanks
    Please check my TPB page for torrent link of this CFW

Thanks!
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:09 PM.
    I'm unequivocally a tekkie!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bgorney View Post
    I am on a mac and am getting a bit confused here. Can I up date to 2.1 using 0SX and I tunes 8.0.1?

Since I up-dated to 2.0.2 the 4,5,6 numbers on the phone keypad no longer work. If anyone else has had this problem please let me know if there is a fix.
    mac user- dl pwnage 2.1 and ofw 2.1, create your own cfw and restore with that 100% error free upgrade.

Follow tutorials here:

.. applei.ph |:.. - Tutorials
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-16)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aws3ya View Post
    It will work for 3G. Download the CFW 2.1 for 3G and restore with that after the reboot you will have a Jailbroken 3G.

or try any of the mentioned method in the 1st page:

1. Run quickpwn and jailbreak your official 2.1 fw
    2. Run pwnage and create you own cfw 2.1 for 3G minus the activation.
    3. Download the cfw for 3G and restore with that

Anything is possible
    Thank you.

I prefer just use QuickPwn to JaikBreak to 2.0.1 cause it's error-code-free
    then get into Resotre mode (not DFU) and use the Custom CFW 2.1 from theone77...:P
    Last edited by NiGHTsC; 2008-10-21 at 08:44 PM.

I tried to go to that website to download this "iPhone1_1_2.1_5F136_Custom_Restore.ipsw -- FileFactory.com - free file hosting -- " and there is nothing for me to click on...can you help, I want to jailbreak my iPhone

i had an 1.1.4 iphone unlocked / jail whith zihphone, NOW I HAVE 2.1
    thankssssssssssssssssssss for this extremly simple tutorial.

I left the sim card in the phone and it still stuck on the bootneuter screen

Quote Originally Posted by Aws3ya View Post
    Bro,

Glad to know that this works for you and you like my cfw, to answer your question why you have only 6.5 Gb left after using the cfw 2.1 it is because i custom made the cfw with 1Gb(1000MB) partition for installing OS and apps.
    Upgraded my 1.1.4 jailbroken ziphone with this custom firmware.
    Everything went smoothly. Thanks for such an easy upgrade option.

I installed BossPrefs and checked out the disk space and it says that i have less than 600MB of the 1000MB free.
    Is that normal? Is there already 400MB of space taken by other apps?

BTW, I'm on at&t and everything seems to be working fine including visual voicemail.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to THEdAY For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ibeteck View Post
    I left the sim card in the phone and it still stuck on the bootneuter screen
    we dont know now whats going on to ur iphone. as i told you for 15 iphones i've done this upgrade, i never experienced what u experience. Sorry no more help i can offer, only as i said go back to same procedure 1. but if nothing happen, sorry! hope someone can help u.
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20)

theone77...

Please help me out as I am new to this forum.

I have iPhone Classic 8gb wf 1.0.2 unlocked and jailbroken. Can I do this upgrade to fw 2.1 as mentioned in your first post of this thread ?

Thanks in advance.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to akc786 For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akc786 View Post
    theone77...

Please help me out as I am new to this forum.

I have iPhone Classic 8gb wf 1.0.2 unlocked and jailbroken. Can I do this upgrade to fw 2.1 as mentioned in your first post of this thread ?

Thanks in advance.
    yeah no problem just follow the method carefully and everything will be fine.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20), akc786 (2008-10-18)

Thanks theone77

I successfully upgraded my iphone from 1.0.2 to 2.1

Once again thankyou.

I got a few questions before i upgrade to 2.1

>Im on a jailbroken/unlocked 1.1.4, if i download patch will i still be able to;

>>Keep all my contacts
    >>Keep all my downloaded apps from installer
    >>Keep the theme i have
    >>Still have my pictures and music saved

I need to make sure installing 2.1 WONT erase anything...just upgrade it. Will this do this??

Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post
    I got a few questions before i upgrade to 2.1

>Im on a jailbroken/unlocked 1.1.4, if i download patch will i still be able to;

>>Keep all my contacts
    >>Keep all my downloaded apps from installer
    >>Keep the theme i have
    >>Still have my pictures and music saved

I need to make sure installing 2.1 WONT erase anything...just upgrade it. Will this do this??

Thanks!
    hi,

1st thing 1st here's some answers to your questions;
    1. you need to update to iTunes ver 8.0 or higher
    2. Back up your iPhone, after the upgrade/restore you can sync back your contacts,mails,etc. to your iphone, pictures and music.
    3. Installer and all 3rd party apps will be lost since they are not compatible with fw 2.1
    But on the bright side you will have access to free apps from iTunes and Cydia Installer.

Hope this answers your questions

Quote Originally Posted by THEdAY View Post
    Upgraded my 1.1.4 jailbroken ziphone with this custom firmware.
    Everything went smoothly. Thanks for such an easy upgrade option.

I installed BossPrefs and checked out the disk space and it says that i have less than 600MB of the 1000MB free.
    Is that normal? Is there already 400MB of space taken by other apps?

BTW, I'm on at&t and everything seems to be working fine including visual voicemail.
    bro,
    the answer is yes for both question, but dnt worry bout the remaining 400MB since Cydia automatically sym-linked your apps and fonts after the restore so this 400MB will be automatically adjusting as you add more apps to your iPhone.
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 2008-10-19 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20), THEdAY (2008-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akc786 View Post
    Thanks theone77

I successfully upgraded my iphone from 1.0.2 to 2.1

Once again thankyou.
    and also to AWS3YA for uploading this 3CFW ! ! ! :-)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20)

Ok,

I am officially confused.

I have read and read and, after my eyes uncrossed and my gray matter stopped oozing out of ears and nose, I read some more. Seems there are many post and threads about updating to the latest and greatest FW from Apple and advancing to a a Jailbroken status.

What I am not sure of yet is if there is a way to use a non-mac system to upgrade to the 2.1 Jailbroken FW without loosing all my contacts, photos, settings, etc (both stock iPhone AND Cyndia).

I know I found a thread to do it on the Mac, but not a single thread for non Mac is clear on this issue.

When I went from my original, stock FW and did my first Jailbreak, I lost ALL of my photos and I do NOT want to go through this again if I can help it.

If I have simply missed a thread or misunderstood something I have read, I can live with that. Just please point me toward the info I should have understood already and I will be a good little boy and go back to reading again...

i have a unlocked 1.1.4 1st gen iphone, so all i got to do is download that custom firmware and my phone will be updated to 2.1 unlock iphone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekz44 View Post
    i have a unlocked 1.1.4 1st gen iphone, so all i got to do is download that custom firmware and my phone will be updated to 2.1 unlock iphone?
    close enough! after down loading the CFW you need to fire up iTunes and connect your iPhone, hold Shift (win user)or(option if mac user) and click restore in iTunes, it will then look for the fw or cfw, once found just click open and iTunes will do the rest. Dn't interrupt the process till it is done.

I hope this is clear enough for you

i was just wondering, when i winpwn my iphone i made the root size 700 mb, when i saw my iphone, it had less memory, just a question, when i restore my iphone will i get back the missing memory? its like 6.88 GB left, my iphone is 2nd gen 8 GB
    if i use ur method will i regain the memory lost?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simonlcheng View Post
    i was just wondering, when i winpwn my iphone i made the root size 700 mb, when i saw my iphone, it had less memory, just a question, when i restore my iphone will i get back the missing memory? its like 6.88 GB left, my iphone is 2nd gen 8 GB
    if i use ur method will i regain the memory lost?
    the 700 MB partition you made is for the OS and Apps that you have now and will eventually install. Actually even if you made only a 500MB partition Cydia will automatically resize the partition to make way for the apps being installed.

The CFW i posted are with a 1000MB partition.

You can try restoring to a official fw and run winpwn again and this time set the partition a lot smaller if you just wants to save more space. But again Cydia will automatically adjust it as more apps are loaded.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

simonlcheng (2008-10-23)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm here again!

Had everyone JB-ed an iPhone 3G 16GB v2.1?
    I tried all my JB methods from my two 3G 8GB on this new 16GB and everything failed.
    nothing change after I used QuickPwn_RC3, no Cydia and Installer. the booting screen and Restore mode of QuickPwn logos did change though.
    iTunes Restore using CFW 2.1 from theone77 works, but it's very buggy, I'm not able to install games with AppShare and **********.
    the games are in ********** and I installed all of them, but nothing appear on my iPhone.

Any helps would be very appreciate, Thank you.
    Last edited by NiGHTsC; 2008-10-22 at 06:40 PM.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast