Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SiMpLe Way To UPGRADE to Firmware 2.1 UnLOCKED/JAILBROKEN (windows)

Thank you aws3ya and theone! I didn't want to try quickpwn but since you mentioned that's the way to go I will probably wait till 2.2 comes out. I was really hoping to use this method cause it's soo easy and understandable thank you again guys!

YAAAAAAY!
    tHANKYYYYOU SO SO MUCH U SAVED MYLIFE!

I'VE UNLOCKE 2 IPHONES 3G - 16GB WITH UR METHOD
    AND IT WORKS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Memzi View Post
    YAAAAAAY!
    tHANKYYYYOU SO SO MUCH U SAVED MYLIFE!

I'VE UNLOCKE 2 IPHONES 3G - 16GB WITH UR METHOD
    AND IT WORKS

Good to know it worked for you
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20)

Quote Originally Posted by theone77 View Post
    wow thanks for a THANKSBUTTON, for 3G use this Customize Firmware also by AWS

DOnt forget to say thanks also to Aws3ya , he created this CFW and uploaded it for us.

free apps or ipa that u just downloaded from some site? coz it means u need first to have a mobileinstallation file patch.
    ============================

I can see that thousands of people are interested to view this thread HOPEFULLY SOMEONE FORM ADMIN make this STICKY

how do i get this patch?
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:07 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Tried quickpwn on my laptop which has worked fine on all the previous firmwares but this time no go. 2.1 FW
    Lockup at the DFU mode would go no further....Tried everything from all threds....was thinking I would have to go back to 2.0.1 got use to being Pwned
    Just bought a new computer with vista installed...Installed itunes 8 and Quickpwn and worked like a dream..Anyone without a new computer might want to try uninstalling everything related to Iphone and starting from scratch......Or buy a new clean computer
    Hope this helps someone!!!!!

Thanks

for those having a hard time downloading the 3g 2.1 Cfw from Megaupload i uploaded another one at this link:
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:07 PM.
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20), fonz06 (2008-11-14), hardeep222 (2009-10-23), theone77 (2008-10-05)

I already did this and tested in 4 iphone classic. For 3G this will work also, just download a custom 2.1 Firmware specifically for ur device/3g firmware and follow the instructions. (3g - posted on 2nd page )

1. DOWNLOAD a customize 2.1 Firmware for iphone classic here

[
    #From Aws3ya of team applei
    + Will Activate / Jailbreak / and Unlock your iPhone
    "Note:
    If WinterBoard and MIM didn't show up after the restore just reinstall WinterBoard and it will come out with the pre loaded themes and MIM too. Cfw comes with Openssh,openssl,Cydia sources Talking Alerts, five icon docks as well." - Aws3ya

2. USE ITUNES 8 and let your iphone be detected (even it is 1.1.2 or 1.1.1)

3.SHIFT + RESTORE then choose the customize FIRMWARE 2.1 you downloaded.

VIOLA & Dance (optional) ;-)

note: NO NEED to be on DFU mode or else there will be an error. I never had an error for the 4 iphone i upgraded using this process.

Now if there will be an error use winpwn and follow the instruction, let winpwn make ur iphone to be on DFU mode then if it is now ready for restoring (with the logo of winpwn restore mode) instead of using the FW made by winpwn use the firmware 2.1 that i mentioned above (step1) thru itunes 8
    ================================================== ========================

another CUSTOMIZE FIRMWARE 2.1 from Phantom
    Here's my 2.1 custom firmware for the iPhone Classic

whats included are the following:

- default Apple boot/recovery logos
    - Bossprefs*
    - WinterBoard*
    - Cycorder
    - OpenSSH
    - OpenSSL
    - 5 Dock iCon
    - lots of sources
    OMG!!! This solved my problem. You don't understand how much you have helped me!!! Thank you so much. I couldn't sleep last night trying to fgure out how to fix my iphone. I used QuickPwn to unlock my iPhone but couldn't make calls just receive them. Also, iTunes gave me a message that the SIM card was not detected. I found your BRILLIANT instructions on this forum through a Google serach and it WORKED!!! Seriously, thank you a million times!!!
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:08 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Haydeepooh For This Useful Post:

hardeep222 (2009-10-23)

Just upgraded from 1.1.1 to 2.1 CFW using this method....went absolutely smooth(apart from the fact that my heart was beating hard all throughout the process).... but yeah...had absolutely no probs in the upgrade... everything seems to be working fine as of now... got back my contacts/messages/ ....YYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

installing a few basic apps from cydia/installer now.. will post if i need something...

THANK U THANK U THANK U THANK U

ok i managed to upgrade to 2.1 ...now for a few questions..

1) How do i put custom ringtones(iringtoner crashes)
    2) I have some ipa's. When i try to install it using iTunes...it gives me an error sayin..cannt install "XXXXX" cuz iTunes cannot verify it.
    3) when i transfer some apps(.app folders) to the phone via DiskAid , they dont show up on the springboard :@ .. do i need to patch the MobileInstallation file?
    Last edited by meetidnani; 2008-10-02 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hi have a quick question and probably dumb one but can the itunes be like the latest one, 8.0.1? or does it have to be 8 idk where to get just 8 so help please? thanks

i also may have a dumb question. i am using quickpwn right now ( i didnt want to unlock my phone so i did the official way first) do i need to install cydia and installer? arent they the samething ? does it hurt if i decide to install them both ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onkyo808 View Post
    i also may have a dumb question. i am using quickpwn right now ( i didnt want to unlock my phone so i did the official way first) do i need to install cydia and installer? arent they the samething ? does it hurt if i decide to install them both ?
    itunes latest version will work no problem with pwnage,quickpwna nd cfw restores,

Yes you need both Cydia and Installer, it wont hurt to have them both installed

Quote Originally Posted by ozzycruzer7 View Post
    hi have a quick question and probably dumb one but can the itunes be like the latest one, 8.0.1? or does it have to be 8 idk where to get just 8 so help please? thanks

hi,
    version 8.0.1 is good, you dnt need the lower version.

[QUOTE=meetidnani;2348621]Just upgraded from 1.1.1 to 2.1 CFW using this method....went absolutely smooth(apart from the fact that my heart was beating hard all throughout the process).... but yeah...had absolutely no probs in the upgrade... everything seems to be working fine as of now... got back my contacts/messages/ ....YYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

installing a few basic apps from cydia/installer now.. will post if i need something...

2) I have some ipa's. When i try to install it using iTunes...it gives me an error sayin..cannt install "XXXXX" cuz iTunes cannot verify it.
    3) when i transfer some apps(.app folders) to the phone via DiskAid , they dont show up on the springboard :@ .. do i need to patch the MobileInstallation file?[/QUOte

here's how to create custom ring tones right off iTunes and songs form your own playlist:

1.Open your iTune and check to make sure that you have a Ringtones category under Library. If you don't, you must create a folder in your iTune file folder and name it Ringtones.

2. In your iTune, click Edit => Preferences => Advanced (tab) => Importing (tab)

3. Set the "Import Using" to AAC Encoder, and clikc OK

4. Select a song in your Music Library that you want to make into a ringtone. (Note: The song must not be Protected AAC Audio File. If it is, you will need to burn it on a music CD and then copy it back to your hard drive - the AAC protection will disappear)

5. Right click the selected song and select "Get Info"

6. Click the Option tab, and write down the Stop Time value of the song (You will need this later to return the song to full length)

7. Once you take note the Stop Time, go ahead and edit the Start Time and Stop Time to your liking. Keep the length to around 30 to 40 seconds. Click OK

8. Play the song to see if the Start and Stop Time is what you like to hear as your ringtone. If not, you can do Step 7 again until you are satisfied with your editing.

9. Right click the edited song and select "Convert Selection to AAC". A copy of your edited song should appear on the list with the same name as the original song.

10. Restore back the original settings of Start and Stop Time of the original song using the notes that you've taken earlier.

11. right click edited song and choose show in windows explorer. A new file should appear with .m4a extension. Change the last letter to r, enter to confirm.

12. double click this song and it will appear on your RingTones folder in Itunes.

12. In your iTune, delete the edited song (you wont need this anymore since you already saved it in your RingTones Library.

13. Connect your iPhone and Sync (Make sure that Ringtone Synching is enable in your iTune setup.

14. When synching is complete, go to your iPhone Settings => Sounds => Ringtone and you should see the new custom ringtone that you created.

Never again that you will need to pay for ringtones of your favorite song.

as for your second question if those .ipa's are cracked apps store apps i cant post the work around here
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 2008-10-05 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20)

is this applicable for iphone 3g also? please help me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meetidnani View Post
    Just upgraded from 1.1.1 to 2.1 CFW using this method....went absolutely smooth(apart from the fact that my heart was beating hard all throughout the process).... but yeah...had absolutely no probs in the upgrade... everything seems to be working fine as of now... got back my contacts/messages/ ....YYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

3) when i transfer some apps(.app folders) to the phone via DiskAid , they dont show up on the springboard :@ .. do i need to patch the MobileInstallation file?
    1) i dont use any software for custom ringtone...im still using the old process of making m4r style (just search the old post for this in FW 1.1.3 custom ringtone) and put it on the folder

2. u need to have a mobileinstallation patched. its available in cydia. need to restart something but for me i do it manually . i downloaded mobileinstallation patch and put it on the right folder. .. applei.ph |:..

3. sorry im not using diskaid. i cant help u with this

Quote Originally Posted by dandahkoh05 View Post
    is this applicable for iphone 3g also? please help me
    yes just read carefully the instruction and you will find the answer ;-) i already give u a hint. i dont want spoonfeeding type coz u will not be familiarize ur iphone technology if u will not try to search, read and test :-)
    Last edited by theone77; 2008-10-05 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20)

I already did this and tested in 4 iphone classic. For 3G this will work also, just download a custom 2.1 Firmware specifically for ur device/3g firmware and follow the instructions. (3g - posted on 2nd page )

1. DOWNLOAD a customize 2.1 Firmware for iphone classic here

#From Aws3ya of team applei
    + Will Activate / Jailbreak / and Unlock your iPhone
    "Note:
    If WinterBoard and MIM didn't show up after the restore just reinstall WinterBoard and it will come out with the pre loaded themes and MIM too. Cfw comes with Openssh,openssl,Cydia sources Talking Alerts, five icon docks as well." - Aws3ya

2. USE ITUNES 8 and let your iphone be detected (even it is 1.1.2 or 1.1.1)

3.SHIFT + RESTORE then choose the customize FIRMWARE 2.1 you downloaded.

VIOLA & Dance (optional) ;-)

note: NO NEED to be on DFU mode or else there will be an error. I never had an error for the 4 iphone i upgraded using this process.

Now if there will be an error use winpwn and follow the instruction, let winpwn make ur iphone to be on DFU mode then if it is now ready for restoring (with the logo of winpwn restore mode) instead of using the FW made by winpwn use the firmware 2.1 that i mentioned above (step1) thru itunes 8
    ================================================== ========================

another CUSTOMIZE FIRMWARE 2.1 from Phantom
    Here's my 2.1 custom firmware for the iPhone Classic

whats included are the following:

- default Apple boot/recovery logos
    - Bossprefs*
    - WinterBoard*
    - Cycorder
    - OpenSSH
    - OpenSSL
    - 5 Dock iCon
    - lots of sources

sir, can u give us other link rather than megaupload,because they blocked the site in saudi arabia accrding to my brother.filefactory or mediafire f possible.
    iPhone1,1_2.1_5f136_phantomCfw.ipsw

isa pa po ng try ko ung isang CFW2.1 sa 1st gen iphone 1.0- upgraded to 1.1.4 it gives me error (unkown error 1403) ano po ang dapat kung gawin.
    thanks in advance po...
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:08 PM.

does this work when your on 2.1? cause i am and when i try restore i get error, and it works to restore with normal apple restore

Thanks

yeah it will work

Quote Originally Posted by eddskie View Post
    sir, can u give us other link rather than megaupload,because they blocked the site in saudi arabia accrding to my brother.filefactory or mediafire f possible.
    iPhone1,1_2.1_5f136_phantomCfw.ipsw

isa pa po ng try ko ung isang CFW2.1 sa 1st gen iphone 1.0- upgraded to 1.1.4 it gives me error (unkown error 1403) ano po ang dapat kung gawin.
    thanks in advance po...
    Please use ENGLISH here, although im a Filipino u need to respect ths site.

use hotspot shield (use google)to surf the blocked site there in KSA. im also in U.A.E , lot of blocked site here coz its islamic country too.

just make ur itunes connected and detected ur iphone. read carefully my 1stpage to get rid of the error.
    Last edited by theone77; 2008-10-09 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20)

I hope this works. I unlocked my phone once and tried to install summerboard and the phone broke. I restored to 2.1 fw and was not able to unlock it ever since. I have spent countless hours trying to unlock it (used quickpwn) and still no luck. When I put T-mobile sim it said different sim detected. Even tried to replace the lockdown file with a patched one still no luck. Downloading your file now and will keep you posted with result. If this works then it ROCKS!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tainment View Post
    I hope this works. I unlocked my phone once and tried to install summerboard and the phone broke. I restored to 2.1 fw and was not able to unlock it ever since. I have spent countless hours trying to unlock it (used quickpwn) and still no luck. When I put T-mobile sim it said different sim detected. Even tried to replace the lockdown file with a patched one still no luck. Downloading your file now and will keep you posted with result. If this works then it ROCKS!!
    what is the result?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Aws3ya View Post
    theone77,

Small world..
    small world indeed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phantom25 View Post
    small world indeed.
    yeah with the internet technology our world become smaller ;-) hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by phantom25 View Post
    small world indeed.
    yeah with the internet technology our world become smaller ;-) hehehe
    Last edited by theone77; 2008-10-11 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

28. The Following User Says Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20)

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast