Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SiMpLe Way To UPGRADE to Firmware 2.1 UnLOCKED/JAILBROKEN (windows)

Mine worked but I lost all my contacts.... I have the old back up somewhere on my pc if i find it can i get the contact back? (or most of them, I had so many )

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Idontnowhattoput For This Useful Post:

Memzi (2008-12-15)

install went great witht he phantom fw, only ONE major problem

i try to install frees apps (ipa's) through itunes and it says that the apps could not be verified =S how do i get these apps onto my phone?!

thanks
    Last edited by rastaman64; 2008-09-24 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rastaman64 For This Useful Post:

Memzi (2008-12-15)

Thanks

dude if you have previously synced or backed up with itunes even if you set up as new iphone you just have to sync contatcs,mails,apps and all will be back on your iphone.

only appstore apps wil sync though, all cracked apps will not but there's a way that i cant post here.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman64 View Post

i try to install frees apps (ipa's) through itunes and it says that the apps could not be verified =S how do i get these apps onto my phone?!

thanks
    have you tried authorizing your pc in itunes?

DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Idontnowhattoput View Post
    Mine worked but I lost all my contacts.... I have the old back up somewhere on my pc if i find it can i get the contact back? (or most of them, I had so many )

dude if you have previously synced or backed up with itunes even if you set up as new iphone you just have to sync contatcs,mails,apps and all will be back on your iphone.

only appstore apps wil sync though, all cracked apps will not but there's a way that i cant post here.

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    Will this method work on a classic iPhone that is using 1.1.4 jailbroken with ziphone
    yes it will just shift+restore (win) or option+restore (mac) and look for that cfw 2.1 and let itunes do the rest

Quote Originally Posted by CompoundBoost View Post
    the phantom cfw is currently downloading and then I am crossing my fingers, well see how it goes....

all went well, not I just have to remember my wifi keys, bummer....

heres a q about the itunes. Now it says there is another iPhone connected, should it

1. set up as a new iphone
    2. restore from previous name?

I would naturally assume the previous, but I dont want it to "restore" it, I just want to resync all the songs and settings
    Set up as new iPhone is better to avoid any conflicts with previous version, you can sync back your apps and contacts and songs etc. again.
    hth

Quote Originally Posted by CompoundBoost View Post
    I did it as a new phone, I figured it would of made me validate it, but for some reason, it didnt. I was in rush when naming this new phone, any way to rename it in itunes?

click on the name near the iphone icon and it should let you change the name it will sync the new name automatically
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 2008-09-24 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20), edirty (2008-09-26), hardeep222 (2009-10-23), Memzi (2008-12-15), ozzycruzer7 (2008-10-03)

I downloaded the FW and i upgraded my itunes but when i press Shift+restore it doesnt let me pick from files it just trys to upload there FW anyone?
    Wait itunes makes a bonjour just dont install it and it will work...
    i admit i was a little iffy on this and i did it and it worked like a charm!
    Last edited by white-ninja; 2008-09-25 at 02:48 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to white-ninja For This Useful Post:

Memzi (2008-12-15)

what if im already on 2.1 cuz i accidently dfu moded my iphone so i had to restore and said ima juss go to 2.1 and all i gott do is dl da ispw and shift restore it and itll work no problem???

well i hope it works cuz after school tomorrow ima try it and im be real mad if i brick it
    Last edited by mobsta; 2008-09-25 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mobsta For This Useful Post:

Memzi (2008-12-15)

Thanks

wow thanks for a THANKSBUTTON, for 3G use this Customize Firmware also by AWS

DOnt forget to say thanks also to Aws3ya , he created this CFW and uploaded it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman64 View Post

thanks
    free apps or ipa that u just downloaded from some site? coz it means u need first to have a mobileinstallation file patch.
    ============================

I can see that thousands of people are interested to view this thread HOPEFULLY SOMEONE FORM ADMIN make this STICKY
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

714pedro (2009-01-07), acidicbrain (2008-10-20), edirty (2008-09-26), hardeep222 (2009-10-23), Memzi (2008-12-15), onkyo808 (2008-10-05), ozzycruzer7 (2008-10-03), Richard (2008-10-11), Wiseg (2008-10-17)

Thanks
    Nice work guys! thanks so much! Go appleites!
    I'm unequivocally a tekkie!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SithStrife For This Useful Post:

Memzi (2008-12-15)

sars here LOL... (sorry what's the topic?!)...
    cheers appleites!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iBabu For This Useful Post:

Memzi (2008-12-15)

Sorry guys but I cant seem to find where the CFW for the 3g is... This will work for outside the US? Like Rogers Network in Canada?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DonnyT For This Useful Post:

Memzi (2008-12-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyT View Post
    Sorry guys but I cant seem to find where the CFW for the 3g is... This will work for outside the US? Like Rogers Network in Canada?
    only for legitimate carrier outside US, for unlocking ur 3G iphone, YOU NEED A SIM SOLUTION (for the brand i dont want to mention)

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20), Memzi (2008-12-15), Richard (2008-10-11)

Thanks!!!!

I had a 4gb iPhone Classic running 1.14 winpwned. Downloaded the FW and restored.

Just like that I have 2.1. My only mistake was that I thought I did a backup, but I didn't, so my restore was from June. So I only lost 3 months of contacts and txt msgs.

Thanks again!

I got error 6 wtf should

Well i got in dfu mode after error 6 trying to load the firmware the phantom 1

so im trying the 1st 1s and ima see if it works

I guess it aint work 4 me

I tried both ispws and i get itunes error 6 tried em both in dfu mode and both on a regular iphone and i get the same error so if some1 could help me itd be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by mobsta; 2008-09-26 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i had a question... im on 2.0.1 used winpwn and im on at&t... so i just have to follow the instructions and i will be jailbroken (not unlocked) on 2.1? which cfw would you recommend to use? im on 2g by the way... any help is appreciated and will be thanked!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toawkanavngthded View Post
    i had a question... im on 2.0.1 used winpwn and im on at&t... so i just have to follow the instructions and i will be jailbroken (not unlocked) on 2.1? which cfw would you recommend to use? im on 2g by the way... any help is appreciated and will be thanked!

you will be unlocked for both CFW

Quote Originally Posted by mobsta View Post
    I got error 6 wtf should

I tried both ispws and i get itunes error 6 tried em both in dfu mode and both on a regular iphone and i get the same error so if some1 could help me itd be greatly appreciated
    use ur winpwn to be on dfu mode and retoring images should be there or just let ur itunes 8 detected ur iphone

for both no error should be found. No need to be on DFU mode, coz lot of people are receiving error on that situation
    Last edited by theone77; 2008-09-26 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

25. The Following User Says Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20)

Hi ya all!

I have a 2G iPhone originally unlocked /jailbroken by ZiPhone running 1.1.4. I was reading this post last night about the way to go to 2.1 so I downloaded the firmware.

When i got in to work today I was asking some of the lads about how to upgrade, they said I would still need to pwn the phone anyway even after the cfw was installed. Is this correct.

Thanks

Helena

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mobsta View Post
    I got error 6 wtf should

Dude,

you didnt have to be on DFU mode to shift≠restore(win) or option+restore (mac) to upgrade, from the normal state of the iphone you can do it.

btw: error 6 is a corrupted fw you might have to re dl the cfw again.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyT View Post
    this 3G cfw will jailbreak legit 3G units only.

here's the link:
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20)

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

This is how I did mine when I couldn't get the other method to work... No problems at all!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by short1uk View Post
    Hi ya all!

I have a 2G iPhone originally unlocked /jailbroken by ZiPhone running 1.1.4. I was reading this post last night about the way to go to 2.1 so I downloaded the firmware.

When i got in to work today I was asking some of the lads about how to upgrade, they said I would still need to pwn the phone anyway even after the cfw was installed. Is this correct.

Thanks

Helena
    the meaning of CFW is Customize FIRMWARE, it means that once u install this to ur iphone ur iphone is pawned already/customized/jailbreak/unlocked

hope this is clear now

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20), ibeteck (2008-10-12), slade (2008-11-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toawkanavngthded View Post
    if you only want to Jailbreak and not unlock your legit AT&T unit, update it to 2.1 official fw directly from iTunes. Download quickpwn 2.1 available for both win and mac, run that and deselect Activate mode after the reboot you are jailbroken but not unlocked.

Another thing you can do if you are on mac is to create your own cfw 2.1 using pwnage 2.1, make sure not to tick the "Activate" button when creating the cfw, restore with that one and voila you are on a cfw2.1 of your own jailbroken
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 2008-09-27 at 05:17 PM.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20), AFone (2008-09-27), dad.teoh (2008-10-11), hardeep222 (2009-10-23), hunglo601 (2008-10-22), looii (2008-11-01), toawkanavngthded (2008-09-28)

Thanks

thanks for people who press the thanks button. i will continue to update you when some other things comes out

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

acidicbrain (2008-10-20), atish_k (2009-01-08), hunglo601 (2008-10-22), prorcracer87 (2008-10-04), R6Tuan (2008-10-05), slade (2008-11-23), toawkanavngthded (2008-09-28)

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast