Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SiMpLe Way To UPGRADE to Firmware 2.1 UnLOCKED/JAILBROKEN (windows)

Hello.

scanned /read through all 25 pages of this post. I am 2G on Rogers and want to upgrade to the latest update for access to latest apps. I get a "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported" message. What to do? I read something about a SIM Simulator? what is that?

so I've jailbroken and unlocked my 3G iphone up to 2.2.1, but I have a question:

I went with the unlock custom fw because I just wanted to have the option to sell it at max value if I so chose. But I'm still using AT&T with the iPhone.

My question is this: visual voicemail doesn't seem to be working right now. Is there any reason for that? I'm still using the stock AT&T sim card. any ideas on what the problem could be? when i click the voicemail button now, it dials the voicemail.

Thanks!

Hello there,

My name is Manny,
    I just got a new iphone with the fw 2.2(5G77) and base band 02.28.00
    and Model # is MB046LL

I would like to jailbreak it and have it sim free can I use one of fw on page 13 or I have to get a mac to work it.

Thank you in advanced.

manny

Thanks

yes manny just use the correct CFW and just follow instructions...if that is 3G, install a CFW for 3G or by urself u can use quickpwn to jailbreak ur phone by urself
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

jettwa2001 (2009-03-30)

Manny - you could just unlock your existing FW, if you jailbrake just run YellowSn0w.
    Unless you have a specific reason for wanting 2.21 I would stick with 2.20
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I want to unlock my 3G Iphone currently on 2.0.2 (5c1) Locked to o2 in the UK. Don't have a mac so I can't create my own custom ipsw. I wondered if there is a way to download one someone else has created. Would like it jail broken as well. Currently downloading this file. Just want to make sure it will work! (iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Custom_Restore.ipsw)
    Last edited by garystelly; 2009-03-30 at 08:30 AM.

Just download the standard FW2.2 and uses that. To unlock you have to jailbrake then install YellowSn0w.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

garystelly (2009-03-30)

Thanks

just to showoff my customize firmware 2.2.1 with iNav Theme
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png   -img_0002.png   -img_0003.png  
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Thanks

im Trying to Create MOre CUSTOMIZE Firmware now and also A new Theme
    Last edited by theone77; 2009-04-02 at 08:46 AM.

my sister's 2g iphone is messing up. I tried to rejail break it but it doesn't work. After i restore it, it goes the AT&T Activation screen and I don't know what else to do.

So pretty much right now, I have a 2g iphone on 1.2.02 firmware stuck at the activation screen. I have a AT&T Sim card, but not an iphone approved simcard. I want to jailbreak this phone so i can unactivate edge because i don't have a data plan and be able to use the jailbreak features.

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohssoccer2 View Post
    my sister's 2g iphone is messing up. I tried to rejail break it but it doesn't work. After i restore it, it goes the AT&T Activation screen and I don't know what else to do.

So pretty much right now, I have a 2g iphone on 1.2.02 firmware stuck at the activation screen. I have a AT&T Sim card, but not an iphone approved simcard. I want to jailbreak this phone so i can unactivate edge because i don't have a data plan and be able to use the jailbreak features.

Can someone please help me out?
    Follow the instruction carefully on the first page, u can use quickpwn also but for beginners, Custom Firmware is the easiest way. Download any 2.0+ custom firmware ( IMHO all 2++ FW is same no big changes, better get 2.2 CFW posted ) then just open itunes and follow the instructions on the first page of this thread.

Question Upgrade 2.1-2.2.1 or wait for 3.0
    I have a jailbroke first gen iphone running ver 2.1. I have noticed that a lot of the apps I want are requiring 2.2 or higher. Should I (and how do I safely) upgrade to 2.2.1 to utilize those apps, should I wait for a stable 3.0, or is there another work-around to use those apps?
    Thanks

(Windows XP)
    Last edited by vampr; 2009-04-20 at 10:31 PM. Reason: OS info

Just upgrade to 2.21 - no problem on 1st gen.
    There is a workaround but no pint with 1st Gen, upgrade and you'll be fine

Default restore problems (and more)
    Hello. I have had so many probs today with phone. I have Jailbroken iphone 1st gen. i was messing around and loading some new stuff from Cydia and Installer. After installing ICY everything went downhill. when i tried to load either of these it looked as if they were going to load but went back to springboard. at this point my phone is not being recognized in Itunes and the battery meter does not come up when i plug it in to charge. so... after deleting alot of stuff- thinking it may be a memory issue i realized in one of the blogs that i shouldnt even have 2.2.1. So i was going to try to restore and redo everything. I held the buttons down as instructed for 10 seconds and a funny looking man with his arms stretched out came up on my phone. WHAT IS THIS? after he finally went away phone went black. not sure if has completely died or off because it wont charge.

Why shouldn't you have 2.21? The only reason I know not to have 2.21 is if you have a 3G and want to use Yellowsn0w.

Your mistakes were installing installer and ICY.

The man with arms outstretched is Steve Jobs put there by the Dev Team when you jailbroke. With him on your screen you should be able to restore 2.21 no problem.

Red face Alternative download
    Can someone please let me know where to download "New CFW 2.2 for 2G (Classic) no more Cydia Crash".

I tried couple of times from the link in page 14th, which downloads from megaupload, but never succeeded. Please help with alternative.

------
    One more Q:
    I have unlocked 1st generation iPhone with Cydia installed. Please let me know whether I can upgrade my 1.1 firmware to 2.2 through Cydia in iPhone directly? If yes, which application?
    Last edited by sanjibpatra75; 2009-04-22 at 02:06 PM. Reason: More query

Everything went smoothly for me, thanks alot!
    Last edited by t-blizzard; 2009-04-24 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks

You may go to QuickPWN directly so it will be perfect.

Try this

Quote Originally Posted by sanjibpatra75 View Post
    Can someone please let me know where to download "New CFW 2.2 for 2G (Classic) no more Cydia Crash".

I tried couple of times from the link in page 14th, which downloads from megaupload, but never succeeded. Please help with alternative.

------
    One more Q:
    I have unlocked 1st generation iPhone with Cydia installed. Please let me know whether I can upgrade my 1.1 firmware to 2.2 through Cydia in iPhone directly? If yes, which application?
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 02:57 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

sanjibpatra75 (2009-04-28)

I have used custom firmwares created by folks on here before (thank you!!!!).I am requesting and hoping when 3.0 is released a custom firmware for a 2G can be created. THANK YOU!!!!

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast