Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SiMpLe Way To UPGRADE to Firmware 2.1 UnLOCKED/JAILBROKEN (windows)

Found your tweaked version Aws3ya...THANK YOU!!!!
    Last edited by sr852; 2009-02-05 at 10:48 PM. Reason: new info

ok I've dl'd just about every CFW here, can someone just plz confirm which one I need to use if I'm on AT&T 2G JB 2.1 plz? page or post # or link plz? and what do you loose? so I can back it up plz

EDIT: ok nm not that ne1 cares but I found a CFW 2.1.1 and am all good thx
    Last edited by laz305; 2009-02-06 at 04:45 AM.

i have 2.30.03 baseband,
    im not be able to get back to 02.08 baseband my current iphone is without Netowork, with NO SERVICE , what should i do?
    ihave install FW 2.1 either 2.0 baseband is not changing..
    No Sig Spam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redmolla View Post
    i have 2.30.03 baseband,
    im not be able to get back to 02.08 baseband my current iphone is without Netowork, with NO SERVICE , what should i do?
    ihave install FW 2.1 either 2.0 baseband is not changing..
    Ypu did not mention if this is 2G or 3G iphone, but you can try Quickpwn to jailbreak you iphone even on this 2.30.03 baseband.
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

[quote=Aws3ya;3255621]Not much changes with the 2.2.1 upgrade but here you go:

For 3G with out AT&T contract

and this one for AT&T Tied up units

I have the 2g iphone though... do you have the CFW for that one? i'm running tmobile on your CFW for 2.2 right now...but do you h ave one for 2.2.1
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:00 PM.

this 3g without at&t contract is unlocked? becouse i have an unlocked 3g and i dont want to lock my phone...

is this jailbroken and stable?

where can i find a iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Custom_Restore_Stable_LotsOfGoo dies but for the 3g model??? unlocked, jialbroken, stable, etc etc
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:00 PM.

Let me brief you first, I am using, I guess, unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3G. On the day I baught it, I updated it through iTunes and it went onto the 'Emergency Call' mode and also said that Insert the valid Sim Card. It was unlocked/opened by a shopkeeper thus don't know how and by which tools. Now, I came to know about various methods to use firmware updates without getting the phone locked by iTunes.

I tried to restore and update through iTunes by clicking Shift Key and selecting the fiemware 2.2 (I downloaded it) but in both try a msg came that iTunes can't do it. At the same time on the screen of my phone a Penguin comes and 'iPhoneLinux.org' is written below.

Thanks to QuickPwn 2.2-1 which said click and hold the Sleep & Home button for 15 sec and the phone started again as usual.

Now, with all this information, can you guide me to update/upgrade my phone to 2.2 where I also can use any GSM SIM and add any application (Is it unlock and jailbreak?).

In the system the Version is 2.0.2 (5C1) & Modem Firmware is 04.05.04_G

Please help me!!!

NisB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santiagofene View Post
    this 3g without at&t contract is unlocked? becouse i have an unlocked 3g and i dont want to lock my phone...

is this jailbroken and stable?

where can i find a iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Custom_Restore_Stable_LotsOfGoo dies but for the 3g model??? unlocked, jialbroken, stable, etc etc
    dude,

Yes it is..

Quote Originally Posted by NisB View Post
    Let me brief you first, I am using, I guess, unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3G. On the day I baught it, I updated it through iTunes and it went onto the 'Emergency Call' mode and also said that Insert the valid Sim Card. It was unlocked/opened by a shopkeeper thus don't know how and by which tools. Now, I came to know about various methods to use firmware updates without getting the phone locked by iTunes.

I tried to restore and update through iTunes by clicking Shift Key and selecting the fiemware 2.2 (I downloaded it) but in both try a msg came that iTunes can't do it. At the same time on the screen of my phone a Penguin comes and 'iPhoneLinux.org' is written below.

Thanks to QuickPwn 2.2-1 which said click and hold the Sleep & Home button for 15 sec and the phone started again as usual.

Now, with all this information, can you guide me to update/upgrade my phone to 2.2 where I also can use any GSM SIM and add any application (Is it unlock and jailbreak?).

In the system the Version is 2.0.2 (5C1) & Modem Firmware is 04.05.04_G

Please help me!!!

NisB
    Here's what you need to do.
    1. Download firmware 2.2 (not 2.2.1) for 3G ( lotsa sites for this, just needs googling )
    2. Download Quickpwn 2.2 (look in this site for links)
    3. Restore your iPhone to 2.2 firmware, let iTunes detect your iPhone after the restore
    4. Run Quickpwn to jailbreak
    5. Connect to your wifi and open Cydia, download Yellowsn0w ( you might have to add the repo source for Cydia)
    6. Run yellowsn0w
    7. Reboot when asked
    8. your are done
    9. Dance

Quote Originally Posted by samawai View Post
    Do you have the 2.2.1 for 2G?

Thanks in advance...
    for 2G it is quite safe to just go ahead and update to fw 2.2.1 thru iTunes, since it wont change the baseband. Then you just need quickpwn to jaibreak, your unlock should not be touched.
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 2009-02-10 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Hi Aws3ya,

Thanks for the reply

My problem start at your point 3 where u said
    '3. Restore your iPhone to 2.2 firmware, let iTunes detect your iPhone after the restore'
    My iTune (8.2) doesn't restore nor update my phone by any way....tried direct and using SHIFT key both. A Penguin comes on the screen as a symbol of 'Recovery Mode' (I learned it on iClarified that if the phone is unlocked/jailbroken by WinPwn 2.5 this symbol can be used as a symbol of 'Recovery Mode') then it doesn't show anything and iTunes says ' Cannot restore/update your iPhone'.

I have downloaded firmware iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore and QuickPwn 2.2-1. I use QuickPwn 2.2-1 to get rid of the Penguin Screen simply by pressing Home & Sleep key for 15 secs and sleep key for 2 secs as per the initial instructions of the QuickPwn 2.2-1.

Can you help me further? Pleaseeeee

NisB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi All

I have a question: i have an iPhone 1G (FW 1.1.4). I would like to upgrade it to at least 2.0.1 (to get Cydia and other apps working), but the problem is the iPhone i have has got changed IMEI (of my old rubbish Nokia). Will the upgrade of firmware (the custom one) change the IMEI number of my iPhone?

Thanks in advance Guys

EDIT: If it will change my IMEI, is there any way I can do it so I would have 2.x.x firmware but IMEI won't get changed?

EDiT2: No worries i got it working with 2.2.1
    Last edited by w4r10rd; 2009-03-01 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Forgotten about one thing

hey guys I think i have a bit of a different problem haha I have a mac and I dl the CFW 2.2 and i click option + restore and search for the folder that I downloaded but when I select it it just keeps opening til I get all the way through the folders and it wont let me actually select a single item to custom restore....hopefuly someone understands what Im saying and can help me with my problem
    thank you in advance!
    -Danny

can somebody help me? i used this custom firmware but when i reset my iphone it got stuck in the apple logo. when i put it in dfu mode, itunes wont let me shift restore, it tells i have to connect to the net to restore. sadly, i dont have net right now at home and maybe for a long time. can somebody help me solve my problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goblin_kid View Post
    can somebody help me? i used this custom firmware but when i reset my iphone it got stuck in the apple logo. when i put it in dfu mode, itunes wont let me shift restore, it tells i have to connect to the net to restore. sadly, i dont have net right now at home and maybe for a long time. can somebody help me solve my problem?
    You need a Network connection to be able to use iTunes to restore. try to restore it again using the custom firmware. I dnt know if you have 3G or 2g iPhone, if you have a 2G restore it to Official firmware 2.2 and then use quicpwn to unlock and jailbreak again, if you are on 3G use the Cfw.

Hello, today i get new iphone, what i need do next 2 unloack/jalbraik?

Iphone 3G 2.2.1 (5H11) AOB. MF: 02.30.3

restored to "iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Custom_Restore"
    cydia works perfect.

so how unlock ?

fcuked up iphone, restored to 2.2.1 (can't to restore to custom 2.2.1) and now phone is locked, i need insert sim card....

lol dont know what to do....

Ok i dont know how ^^ but jailbrake iphone with quickpwn (i tryed 10 times and nothing, when i tryed last time i was angry and kicked to pc and wuale: pless hold home button 5s... hehhe).
    Now need unlock

so how unlock ? ^^

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by konfetaz; 2009-03-02 at 03:25 AM.

Thanks

Default Iphone 3G on fw 2.2.1
    Dude,

You should have read around first, now that your fw is 2.2.1 there is now ay to unlock it,. i suggest you go and look for a sim solution that will work for fw 2.2.1...

For now there's no Software unlock for fw 2.2.1, i suggest you wait around.

Quote Originally Posted by konfetaz View Post
    Hello, today i get new iphone, what i need do next 2 unloack/jalbraik?

Iphone 3G 2.2.1 (5H11) AOB. MF: 02.30.3

restored to "iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Custom_Restore"
    cydia works perfect.

so how unlock ?

fcuked up iphone, restored to 2.2.1 (can't to restore to custom 2.2.1) and now phone is locked, i need insert sim card....

lol dont know what to do....

Ok i dont know how ^^ but jailbrake iphone with quickpwn (i tryed 10 times and nothing, when i tryed last time i was angry and kicked to pc and wuale: pless hold home button 5s... hehhe).
    Now need unlock

so how unlock ? ^^

Thank you for your time.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

konfetaz (2009-03-02)

Hmmm.... Aws3ya so what for your CFW is?

Ty

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just wondering if anyone else has been having problems w/ the "tied up" custom ipsw above? I downloaded it & then tried shift restore on 2 diff 8g 3g's w/ AT&t, but neither one of them would accept the software file. Any suggestions, or a place to maybe find another custom 2.2.1 custom ipsw would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 02:59 PM.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

Is there way how to downgrade baseband from 2.30.03 to 2.28.00 ?

Answer:

There are no way to downgrade baseband from 2.30.03 to 2.28.00

or u can try: THIS but this is scam i think....
    Last edited by konfetaz; 2009-03-02 at 02:20 PM.

Please don't post links to scams!
    There is NO SOFTWARE UNLOCK for BB 2.30.03
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

OK, need someone to clear a few things up:

I have an iPhone 3G on 2.2 firmware, I don't need to use a different carrier with it (I'm in the UK on O2), I just want to use Winterboard and Cydia really.

I have backed up everything on the iPhone.

Which firmware do I need?

Once I have downloaded the firmware, do I just DFU the iPhone and then shift-restore with the custom firmware, then activate the iPhone again with iTunes and then sync everything back?

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast