Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SiMpLe Way To UPGRADE to Firmware 2.1 UnLOCKED/JAILBROKEN (windows)

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Default Still waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    Right i have to say that this thread id by far the best i have found.....

I used this to unlock and jailbreak my 2G iphone and it worked a dream....

Then i went out and got a shiny new 3G and once again used this way to Jailbreak the phone (as no unlock around) once again worked a dream with my piggy back sim...

RIGHT now for the question....
    The 3G unlock comes out this week are you guys going to do a CFW with the unlock on it as you did for the 2G phone ????? and if so will it be posted on this thread ???

Keep up the good work guys

Can someone plaese advise .... Thanks

Thanks

Default 3G unlock??
    Can someone plaese advise .... Thanks
    Dude,

The 3G unlock wont come as a CFW but an app that you will get thru Cydia only. it will be out New Year.. so better stay awake..
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

I have downloaded app installer on iphone ,when i pressed app installer it asked me to upgrade,know when i press the app installer on the screen it flik's on then off.
    Is this normal.
    Cheer's

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lifetoaster View Post
    Thank you so much bro.. It sounds great but I missed out to ask one thing!

Which one do you suggest me, 2.1 cfw in the 1st post or is there 2.2 cfw also which is perfectly working for both unlocking and jailbreaking?

This posts really are confusing to me, though you might have put them in a legible way, its just me...

Can you just tell me which one is the best you suggest
    I have iphone2g 1.4fw(unlocked only) + Windows Vista + Mandriva (iatkos is not working) .
    What is quickpwn where can I download it for 2.2 fw? where can I get 2.2 pfw? I got the bootloaders but not able to get others

Can you briefly tell me the steps and prerequisites for
    a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone2G 2.2 fw?

The main problem for me is which files to download and where are they found ( like the cfw 's with working cydia and installer(unlocked offcourse)

Just a few sentences will make myself clear..plz help
    nice
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default from 1.1.4 to 2.2
    works just fine
    cca. 2-5 min

still cant get to connect with cydia???

Maybe this will help:
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile 8-)
    Thanks Dude!

Worked like a charm! Updated to 2.1 and just restored after from my saved back up.

Thanks Much!

Thanks

3G unlock is here guys.

Tips:
    1) Right-click on your iPhone's icon in iTunes and Click "Backup"
    2) Restore to Original 2.2 Firmware.
    3) Use Quickpwn to Activate and Jailbreak your iPhone 3G.
    4) Restore from Backup in iTunes
    5) Install yellowsnow. Run it. (source for cydia http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com/ and for Installer: http://i.yellowsn0w.com/)
    6) Reboot.

Dance!

Additional Info:
    (from comments in devteam blog)
    1. install 0.9.1
    2. DO NOT turn on passcode lock
    3. remove sim card, lock the screen after dismissing the message, WAIT A FULL MINUTE
    4. Insert sim card in (it might show sim failure, ignore it)
    5. Goto settings, look for carrier menu in general
    6. Select it (might say unable to load network list. Ignore it)
    7. Wait
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 2009-01-01 at 05:30 PM. Reason: for clarity

Hi Guys, Is there anyother place I can download iPhone1​,1_2​.1_5F136​_Custom​_Restore​.ipsw
    I am having a hard time downloading.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silvergote View Post
    Hi Guys, Is there anyother place I can download iPhone1​,1_2​.1_5F136​_Custom​_Restore​.ipsw
    I am having a hard time downloading.

Thanks

read back, let's say to page 1 of this thread it is there

iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Thanks

Default need help regarding upgrading
    hey guys,

i have read the instructions regarding the upgrading of firmwares,I am running from a 1.1.4 firmware (iphone 2G), and this is what I have understood:

you just download the custom firmware (either 2.1 or 2.2) and download itunes 8.0

then, shift+restore it and select the custom firmwares. then it is all done?

i mean, you wouldn't have to unlock/jailbreak it using a pwnage tool? like winpwn or quickpwn?

and lastly what firmware is more stable, 2.1 or 2.2? since the reason I have been staying with my current firmware is that, it is the most stable firmware yet for me, I don't want to have those circle of death popping out of my phone and especially the hassle of restoring my phone again because I have done it 2x already.

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@calebdexter: download this

G2:connect with itunes8, then shift+ restore, pick this download and thats it...

this download is the best of all
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:02 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kineticum View Post
    @calebdexter: download this_

G2:connect with itunes8, then shift+ restore, pick this download and thats it...

this download is the best of all
    thanks, i have downloaded it already earlier..and i just have to restore it to that firmware? no need to unlock/activate/jailbreak? because I live in the philippines but I have a AT&T sim card that came with my phone, should I insert that first when restoring or I just leave my network sim card as it is?..
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:02 PM.

Big Thanks to theone77, Aws3ya. And to anybody else I missed.
    You guys are fukn awesome!

Thank You. It worked for me.

@calebdexter, you can leave it in. I left my tmobile card in and had no problems.
    I did get scared when bootneuter and that other flashing was going on but
    as it says in the directions - "leave alone and let it finish."

Thanks

Hi Guys

You helped me before and i am kooking for help again.

I used this link to jailbreak my 3g iphone before and was wondering if you have a link where i can get 2.2 for the iphone 3g so i can use the same way (DFU mode then Shift and restore) to upgrade. so i can run this yellowsn0w thing for the unlock. as i currently run with a turbo sim and whant to get rid of it and have a proper unlock.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by calebdexter View Post
    hey guys,

i have read the instructions regarding the upgrading of firmwares,I am running from a 1.1.4 firmware (iphone 2G), and this is what I have understood:

you just download the custom firmware (either 2.1 or 2.2) and download itunes 8.0

then, shift+restore it and select the custom firmwares. then it is all done?

i mean, you wouldn't have to unlock/jailbreak it using a pwnage tool? like winpwn or quickpwn?

and lastly what firmware is more stable, 2.1 or 2.2? since the reason I have been staying with my current firmware is that, it is the most stable firmware yet for me, I don't want to have those circle of death popping out of my phone and especially the hassle of restoring my phone again because I have done it 2x already.

thanks
    i use to be on 1.1.4 too until i read this thread. im on 2.2 now and its stable. but you wont have installer anymore. cydia is the thing now for FWs 2.0+
    with this method no need to use any pwnge tool. just download the CFW provided. and shift + restore on itunes. and have itunes install it for you. done.

Quote Originally Posted by calebdexter View Post
    thanks, i have downloaded it already earlier..and i just have to restore it to that firmware? no need to unlock/activate/jailbreak? because I live in the philippines but I have a AT&T sim card that came with my phone, should I insert that first when restoring or I just leave my network sim card as it is?..
    yup just restore it to that CFW you just downloaded. you can leave the sim in there, and just replace after with whatever, globe, smart, etc. this will unlock the iphone 2g, but not the 3g. so if you have a 3g, look for the yellowsnow application from the devteam.

Hi Guys

You helped me before and i am kooking for help again.

I used this link to jailbreak my 3g iphone before and was wondering if you have a link where i can get 2.2 for the iphone 3g so i can use the same way (DFU mode then Shift and restore) to upgrade. so i can run this yellowsn0w thing for the unlock. as i currently run with a turbo sim and whant to get rid of it and have a proper unlock.

Thanks guys
    i think this would be easily obtained by going to itunes. and letting it update to the latest firmware. which is 2.2. if you are already on 2.2 CFW and itunes wont let you update since your updated and you cant find any places to download it (assuming you tried searching). i guess download the 2.1 CFW on this thread and install. then itunes will detect it as 2.1, and will allow u to download the 2.2 OFW and install to it. tada, your on OFW 2.2.

happy new year everyone

I have a version 1 iphone (2G) which was cracked with ziphone to v. 1.1.4 for the longest time. I tried upgrading to version 2.2 today but plugging it into iTunes and letting it update.

iTunes gave me the error message that an error has occured and that it cannot be restored.

My phone is currently in DFU mode (I believe it is anyways) Has the phone cable pointing to the iTunes logo. I have tried restoring it with itunes to 1.1.4 I have also tried restoring to apple v2.2 and the custom v2.2 located on page 13, nothing works. I've also tried runing ziphone and quickpwn to jailbreak it again, with no avail

Ziphone won't even get started on cracking it, and quickpwn tells me I have to reboot it and then as soon as I do, it crashes.

Any ideas of what else I might be able to try?

edit: posted a new thread here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post3015421
    Last edited by ckrieg; 2009-01-04 at 03:58 AM.

i thought using ziphone was a one way ticket since it loaded a special baseband. Thats why I never used it.

I would seach sites to see if there now a way back...but I bet this is the source of your problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ckrieg View Post
    I have a version 1 iphone (2G) which was cracked with ziphone to v. 1.1.4 for the longest time. I tried upgrading to version 2.2 today but plugging it into iTunes and letting it update.

iTunes gave me the error message that an error has occured and that it cannot be restored.

My phone is currently in DFU mode (I believe it is anyways) Has the phone cable pointing to the iTunes logo. I have tried restoring it with itunes to 1.1.4 I have also tried restoring to apple v2.2 and the custom v2.2 located on page 13, nothing works. I've also tried runing ziphone and quickpwn to jailbreak it again, with no avail

Ziphone won't even get started on cracking it, and quickpwn tells me I have to reboot it and then as soon as I do, it crashes.

Any ideas of what else I might be able to try?

edit: posted a new thread here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post3015421
    can you tell me what version iTunes you are using? what you see in your iPhone is the restore mode (cable and iTunes logo)

try this,

1.)Make sure you have a higher version iTunes (8.0 and higher)
    2.) Download a copy of the Official Firmware 2.2, Boot loaders 3.9 and 4.6
    3.) Download and install Quickpwn 2.2 (assuming you are on win)
    4.) Have you iPhone connected to iTunes and put your iPhone on DFU mode

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4.iTunes will tell you that its in restore mode.

5.) Hold Shift and click restore in iTunes and point it to where you saved the Official Fw 2.2
    6.) Let iTunes do it's thing it will go to the process of restoring the iPhone once done it will reboot the iPhone on locked state
    7.) Kill iTunes and start Quickpwn once iPhone is detected it will ask you a few questions just follow the prompt.
    8.) Once pwning process begins make sure you dnt interrupt, wait for it to work it;s magic after the reboot you will have a jailbroken iPhone on 2.2 fw, If you dnt get a network signal connect to your wifi-open Cydia and dl bootneuter and run it, after a few minutes and one last reboot you are done!

Good luck

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

BIG BAD BILL (2009-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simpl3lang View Post

i think this would be easily obtained by going to itunes. and letting it update to the latest firmware. which is 2.2. if you are already on 2.2 CFW and itunes wont let you update since your updated and you cant find any places to download it (assuming you tried searching). i guess download the 2.1 CFW on this thread and install. then itunes will detect it as 2.1, and will allow u to download the 2.2 OFW and install to it. tada, your on OFW 2.2.

happy new year everyone
    Thanks for getting back to me but i guess i didnt as the question correctly.

I have CFW 2.1 on my phone at the moment which i downloaded from your link (works perfect) but i use a piggy back sim (Virgin Sim) but now Yellosn0w is out i have to upgrade to 2.2 with modem 2.28.?? so i was asking rather than go through itunes can i use your CFW to upgrade and it will have the correct firmware and modem ???
    I would prefer this way as i have used it in the passed and feel confident with it.
    so if it has what i am after i assume i down load 2.2 from here then Shift restore and install 2.2 or do i have to go to DFU mode then restore ????

I know i ask a lot but you guys help so much

iphone 3G 2.2
    unlocked using quickpwn 2.2
    and now my phone randomly crashes and shows white sreen.

I restored to 2.2 and unlocked again..still crashes

I restored to 2.2 and left it locked and still crashes.

any ideas ?

thanks

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast