Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SiMpLe Way To UPGRADE to Firmware 2.1 UnLOCKED/JAILBROKEN (windows)

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Default 3G unlock on 2.1
    Right i have to say that this thread id by far the best i have found.....

I used this to unlock and jailbreak my 2G iphone and it worked a dream....

Then i went out and got a shiny new 3G and once again used this way to Jailbreak the phone (as no unlock around) once again worked a dream with my piggy back sim...

RIGHT now for the question....
    The 3G unlock comes out this week are you guys going to do a CFW with the unlock on it as you did for the 2G phone ????? and if so will it be posted on this thread ???

Keep up the good work guys

ditto pratt1503...
    this is far the best way (for me) to jailbreak and unlock my 2g. thanks AWS3YA.
    i was planin to move to the philippines, give away my 2g, and buy a 3g with globe telecomm with a plan. would i be able to use the CFW 2.2 for 3g to jailbreak and still be on globe telecomm? (without using any sim unlock)

Thanks

Default Iphone 3G n Philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by simpl3lang View Post
    ditto pratt1503...
    this is far the best way (for me) to jailbreak and unlock my 2g. thanks AWS3YA.
    i was planin to move to the philippines, give away my 2g, and buy a 3g with globe telecomm with a plan. would i be able to use the CFW 2.2 for 3g to jailbreak and still be on globe telecomm? (without using any sim unlock)
    Of course you can, works same anywhere in the world you want to use your iPhone..

i sent you a pm
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Aws3ya View Post
    Any one of that cfw 2.2 posted should work fine for you,. 1606 error? try to use different usb port or another pc, Try to reboot your pc and do the restore again this time on DFU mode.
    It ended up being a bad copy of QuickPwn22, I never could get any of the cfw's above to work, but a good copy of QuickPwn, and all of a sudden everything, unlocked, jailbroken, everything. Thanx for this thread, best i've found yet!

hi guys I used the second link posted on the first page and havent been able to unlock my 1st gen 4GB iPhone.

i have been at this for 3 days now and have tried quickpwn, winpwn, and a few custom firmware options.......to no avail

I am trying to use a T-Mobile Sim Card.

any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

im currently on 2.2 custom firmware but the phone is not unlocked only jailbroken and activated.

i have done lots and lots of research and tried lots of different ways to unlock at 2.0 and up

i am unable to use my tmobile sim

on the left of the wifi icon it says "no sim"

Help me!!!

im currently on 2.2 custom firmware but the phone is not unlocked only jailbroken and activated.

i have done lots and lots of research and tried lots of different ways to unlock at 2.0 and up

i flashed my phone using bootneuter with both 3.9 and 4.6 with neuter on fakeblank off and unlock on but this didnt unlock my phone.

Please Help!
    Last edited by BoOmEr_SfC; 2008-12-23 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi guys,
    This is really great.
    Just to confirm.
    I have a iphone-2g 1.4 fw (unlocked for the world, currently using in India).
    My questions are
    1) Will I work be 'UNLOCKED FOR THE WORLD' after applying this cfw?
    2) Will I be able to get the free Appstore apps to work (like CalorieKing.ipa)
    3) Will I be able to restore it back to a normal unlocked iphone 2.2 fw at a later point of time?

Please respond, I am relly in need of this...
    Also if I just upgrade my fw to 2.2 from 1.4 (unlocked) , will it still be unlocked ??

Thanks,
    toaster

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lifetoaster View Post
    Hi guys,
    This is really great.
    Just to confirm.
    I have a iphone-2g 1.4 fw (unlocked for the world, currently using in India).
    My questions are
    1) Will I work be 'UNLOCKED FOR THE WORLD' after applying this cfw?
    2) Will I be able to get the free Appstore apps to work (like CalorieKing.ipa)
    3) Will I be able to restore it back to a normal unlocked iphone 2.2 fw at a later point of time?

Please respond, I am relly in need of this...
    Also if I just upgrade my fw to 2.2 from 1.4 (unlocked) , will it still be unlocked ??

Thanks,
    toaster

YES to all your questions
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

lifetoaster (2008-12-24)

dude Aws3ya help me out bro look at post #266 for my problem.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BoOmEr_SfC View Post
    dude Aws3ya help me out bro look at post #266 for my problem.

thanks.
    You may be having another issue. Have you tried an ATT sim? Cause it shouldnt say "no sim", if anything it would say "invalid simcard".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoOmEr_SfC View Post
    hi guys I used the second link posted on the first page and havent been able to unlock my 1st gen 4GB iPhone.

i have been at this for 3 days now and have tried quickpwn, winpwn, and a few custom firmware options.......to no avail

I am trying to use a T-Mobile Sim Card.

any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Help me!!!

i flashed my phone using bootneuter with both 3.9 and 4.6 with neuter on fakeblank off and unlock on but this didnt unlock my phone.

Please Help!

dude,
    Get quicpwn 2.2 for win or mac (depends on your OS), Download Official firmware 2.2 for classic iphone.

Try this; update to official fw 2.2, run quicpwn and you should be good to go, btw make sure you select Activate your iphone when asked by Quicpwn.

Good luck and Happy Holidays

Default Unlock and Jailbroken
    Hey Aws3ya..Do you have the instructions step by step like the link below...I'm currently using 2.1 iphone 2g.. Thanks Aws3ya!
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lifetoaster View Post
    Thank you so much bro.. It sounds great but I missed out to ask one thing!

Which one do you suggest me, 2.1 cfw in the 1st post or is there 2.2 cfw also which is perfectly working for both unlocking and jailbreaking?

This posts really are confusing to me, though you might have put them in a legible way, its just me...

Can you just tell me which one is the best you suggest
    I have iphone2g 1.4fw(unlocked only) + Windows Vista + Mandriva (iatkos is not working) .
    What is quickpwn where can I download it for 2.2 fw? where can I get 2.2 pfw? I got the bootloaders but not able to get others

Can you briefly tell me the steps and prerequisites for
    a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone2G 2.2 fw?

The main problem for me is which files to download and where are they found ( like the cfw 's with working cydia and installer(unlocked offcourse)

Just a few sentences will make myself clear..plz help
    dude,

here try this cfw 2.2, [ after downloading the cfw 2.2 connect your iPhone to your pc, fire up iTunes and let it detect your iphone then do a Shift+Restore and look for the cfw you downloaded and let iTunes do it;s thing after it reboots you will have a activated-jailbroken-unlocked, iPhone 2G on Cfw 2.2.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by devind05 View Post
    Hey Aws3ya..Do you have the instructions step by step like the link below...I'm currently using 2.1 iphone 2g.. Thanks Aws3ya!

How to Install iPhone 2.1 Firmware on Hacked T-Mobile iPhone | The "Break it Down" Blog
    Dude,

make sure you have iTunes version 8 or higher

Instructions can be found in the forums of this site but here is the simple one for you.

1. Download Official firmware from Apple.com
    2. Download Bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6 (look in this site)
    3. Download Quickpwn 2.2 ( links are found in this site)
    4. Install quickpwn on your pc, if you get errors running quickpwn you will have to download and install Framework.net 2.0 or higher
    5. Fire up iTunes and do a Shift+Restore and look for the firmware, click yes/open and let iTunes do the rest. After the reboot your iPhone will be on fw 2.2 but locked.
    6. Fire up quickpwn and follow the prompt it is mostly automated anyway.
    7. Once quickpwn is done, iPhone will reboot and you are done
    8. Dance !!!

Good luck
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Unlock iPhone 3G 2.1
    I have an iPhone 3G 2.1 version and I want to know if I use this process:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-zmLmj8Foo]YouTube - Improved iPhone 2.1 Unlock / Jailbreak Using Windows Vista[/ame]

the iphone will work with any at&t sim card???

thanks alot mate works 100% v2.2custom

i installed the cfw 2.2 everything works fine, EXCEPT
    cydia is crashing on startup after asking what type of user i am
    ie, coder, graphical, etc..
    no matter what i press it crashes back to spring board

running 2.2
    tried restoring it with the same firmware several times, with no success
    anyone else having this problem?
    how can i fix this?

thanks

The links on this thread are messed up and I do wish the correct links appeared in the first post. Posting updates in the middle of the thread is confusing. Start a new Thread with the right links in post 1 and keep it up to date.

Anyway the link that you need to use to get the correct 2G download is in Post 210.

If any one else has used the previous version for 2G I would upgrade. Its unstable...it crashed my phone and I had to hard reset.

Quote Originally Posted by yanikeke View Post
    I have an iPhone 3G 2.1 version and I want to know if I use this process:

YouTube - Improved iPhone 2.1 Unlock / Jailbreak Using Windows Vista

the iphone will work with any at&t sim card???
    that will work. but this thread was suppose to give you a choice for an easier way to jailbreak your 3g phone. by using Custom Firmwares (CFW). the unlocking process for the iphone 3Gs is still at the hands of the devteams. they will release it for the public at new year. which will allow you to use your phone with other carriers. but since it seems like you are on a legit ATT plan. use Aws3ya's easy method for JAILBREAK (allows your phone to be open for third party applications: cracked apps, or apps that are not available on app store).

here is the CFW link you need for your local telco (att)

[

-download the file (take note where you saved it)
    -run itunes (must be version 8+) and let it detect your iphone
    -press and hold shift + click on restore button on itunes
    -browse for the file you just downloaded
    -let itunes do its thing (it will be like itunes updating your iphone to CFW 2.2)
    -sit and relax. let itunes finish restoring your iphone to the CFW
    -done

if you want to unlock after this. in 3days time, the iphone devteam will release there unlocking software.

peace, enjoy, happy new year
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:18 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to simpl3lang For This Useful Post:

Aws3ya (2008-12-30)

ohh no..wenever i try to copy a app...itunes say application could not be verified..?? wat 2 do.??

Quote Originally Posted by rachit89 View Post
    ohh no..wenever i try to copy a app...itunes say application could not be verified..?? wat 2 do.??
    what do you mean by copy an app? u mean download an ipa and istall it to your jailbroken iphone through itunes?

not allowed to talk about piracy here.... soowwweee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    i installed the cfw 2.2 everything works fine, EXCEPT
    cydia is crashing on startup after asking what type of user i am
    ie, coder, graphical, etc..
    no matter what i press it crashes back to spring board

running 2.2
    tried restoring it with the same firmware several times, with no success
    anyone else having this problem?
    how can i fix this?

thanks
    Dude,

i clearly stated that to fix cydia crashing you need to run quickpwn after the restore to cfw's.
    I also posted links for new CfW's with no more Cydia crash, please read back on all the post in this thread.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast