Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SiMpLe Way To UPGRADE to Firmware 2.1 UnLOCKED/JAILBROKEN (windows)

Quote Originally Posted by Aws3ya View Post
    Bro,

I think it is self explanatory, "USER" suits you fine

Peace!!!!
    kmusta? lol! no i choose "user" but once i clicked it goes to the iphone menu not cydia. In other words it doesnt work

Thanks

tnx for all your support on this thread
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

Aws3ya, I had downloaded and used iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Custom_Restore.ipsw before I posted on this thread. If this is not the correct version what is?

Cydia does not seem to work. Please tell me how it is suppose to operate. Is it suppose to jump back to the springboard?

Here is the issue..too many posts with links. All of your CFW's use the same name. They vary by size.....so which link takes me to the download that gives me the version that fixes cydia?

Is there any issue with reflashing my iphone from the bad CFW to the good CFW?
    Last edited by ZipZapp; 2008-12-13 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thanks for the easy way to upgrade to 2.2 Aws3ya. worked like a charm. i do have a request. if i miss this on previous posts, sorry.

would you be able to create a CFW 2.2 with cydia and installer preinstalled? cuz i like installer better. im more use to it than cydia.

Alright, I've got a jailbroken iphone 3g that I'm looking to upgrade to a current operating system. Problem is, I read here about some people unlocking their iphones, and I don't want mine unlocked. I just want mine upgraded and re-jailbroken without having to reinstall all of my cydia-installed apps.

What do I do?
    Last edited by Blaze_Up; 2008-12-14 at 07:06 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    Aws3ya, I had downloaded and used iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Custom_Restore.ipsw before I posted on this thread. If this is not the correct version what is?

Cydia does not seem to work. Please tell me how it is suppose to operate. Is it suppose to jump back to the springboard?

Here is the issue..too many posts with links. All of your CFW's use the same name. They vary by size.....so which link takes me to the download that gives me the version that fixes cydia?

Is there any issue with reflashing my iphone from the bad CFW to the good CFW?
    Bro,

To fix the crashing Cydia, you need to run quickpwn 2.2 either for win or mac after the process cydia will not crash anymore. or use the new cfw 2.2 for classic i posted a few pages back. i made some tweaks on that new cfw and no more Cydia problem. Btw to run quicpwn you need the OFW 2.2 and bl 3.9 and 4.6.

here's a freshly baked cfw 2.2 for classic iphones: No more Cydia crashing...

[
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    "3G iPhones only"
    and this is for sim solution users:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And for those who are on contract with their local Telco and do not want to unlock but only wants to Jailbreak:
    3G_Cfw2.2 "Telco Locked"

Quote Originally Posted by simpl3lang View Post
    thanks for the easy way to upgrade to 2.2 Aws3ya. worked like a charm. i do have a request. if i miss this on previous posts, sorry.

would you be able to create a CFW 2.2 with cydia and installer preinstalled? cuz i like installer better. im more use to it than cydia.
    dude,

all of the cfw's posted comes with Cydia and Installer, pre installed. I strongly suggest you use Cydia instead of Installer since Cydia is more stable and most apps are ported to work with it

Quote Originally Posted by dranom View Post
    kmusta? lol! no i choose "user" but once i clicked it goes to the iphone menu not cydia. In other words it doesnt work
    dranom,

to fix Cydia crashing you need to run quickpwn one time just follow the prompt to the letter and you'll be ok. btw you will need official fw 2.2 and bl 3.9 and 4.6 to quickpwn. or just read my latest post and download the latest cfw 2.2 for classic and 3G

Quote Originally Posted by dranom View Post
    dranom,

to fix Cydia crashing you need to run quickpwn one time just follow the prompt to the letter and you'll be ok. btw you will need official fw 2.2 and bl 3.9 and 4.6 to quickpwn. or just read my latest post and download the latest cfw 2.2 for classic and 3G
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

DTMkid90 (2008-12-16), lifetoaster (2008-12-24), Memzi (2008-12-15)

installer is preinstalled? i downloaded the CFW 2.2 with cydia crash fixed. ran it without errors but i dont have installer. i wonder what i did wrong.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you are the man!!! the custom 2.1 firmware works flawlessly thank you soo much i was trying to get my iphone back in action for two days quickpwn was terrible in this proceesss all my icons wouldnt show i used the 2.1 custom firmware and it worked like a charm thank you again much appreciation goes to you

Marz

ok iv tried 3 times to restore to CFW 2.2 with cydia crash fixed. but still no installer. this is what ive noticed. maybe it will shed some light to my situation.
    -installed without errors.
    -itunes, new device.
    -on iphone screen, i have 18 icons + the 4 icons on the dock.
    -openned cydia, and installed 1 essential upgrade (im guessing its openssl cuz it says downloading openssl package.
    -download complete, unpacks, install whatever it is. screen shows setting up some applications. complete. restart springboard pops out and i pressed it.
    -now i have additional 10 icons on my springboard.
    -no installer.

what went wrong?

why dose the winpwn always freezes on me when i'm about to pwn my iphone 3g! help me please

all my itunes is saying
    "Preparing iPhone For Restore" and its been saying this for the past 10mintues, i am using 2.2 CFW that was provided and yes i followed the instructions any help>?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Memzi View Post
    why dose the winpwn always freezes on me when i'm about to pwn my iphone 3g! help me please
    dude,

winpwn is not compatible with firmware 2.2, try quickpwn 2.2 instead, beware if you are on 3G iPhone updating to fw 2.2 and quickpwning will update your basebnad and therey by loosing the chance of a software unlock come New year when dev.team releases the 3G unlocking tools. But if you are on a classic or 2G iphone, it is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by simpl3lang View Post
    ok iv tried 3 times to restore to CFW 2.2 with cydia crash fixed. but still no installer. this is what ive noticed. maybe it will shed some light to my situation.
    -installed without errors.
    -itunes, new device.
    -on iphone screen, i have 18 icons + the 4 icons on the dock.
    -openned cydia, and installed 1 essential upgrade (im guessing its openssl cuz it says downloading openssl package.
    -download complete, unpacks, install whatever it is. screen shows setting up some applications. complete. restart springboard pops out and i pressed it.
    -now i have additional 10 icons on my springboard.
    -no installer.

what went wrong?
    bro,

i'm sorry you have to go thru all this restore process over and over, i replied to a similar question one page before and i said Installer was not included in the cfw since most apps are not ported yet to work with Installer and Cydia is a lot more stable. There you go..

Quote Originally Posted by j69gordon View Post
    1st i am new to iphone, not computers tho, I downloaded the phantom firmware, and shift /restored it, for about 5 min it said preparing iphone for restore, than I got a message saying "unknown error occured (1603)" anyone have any ideas? I am on at&t so just need to jailbreak for 3rd party apps, I have tried winpwn, and several others, and always end up with an error message, each time before i try a new program, i restore the phone to factory settings with itunes, losing everything in process, any help would be fantastic. Thanks in advance, Jay
    Try to do the restore on DFU mode, how to DFU?
    Connect your iphone to USB and fier up itunes,Hold home and power button for 10 secs at exactly 10 secs release power button and keep holding the home button till iTunes recognized the iPhone is in restore mode then let go of the home button, the screen should be dim when on correct DFU mode, if you see the iTunes and USB logo, try again.

After a successful DFU, and iTunes gives you some error like can connect to your iPhone just restart iTunes, it should tell you to restore now, hold Shift then click restore in iTunes and look for the CFW 2.1 and let iTunes do the rest. Btw why not go to cfw 2.2 all theway.
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 2008-12-16 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

j69gordon (2008-12-17)

no i'm using iphone 3g with the firmware 2.0.2
    but when it's time to be in duf mode it freezes
    i don't know whay

no i'm using iphone 3g with the firmware 2.0.2
    but when it's time to be in dfu mode it freezes
    i don't know whay
    Last edited by Memzi; 2008-12-16 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I could really use some help here. I have a basic idea of what I'm doing but, I'm really a noob at this sort of thing. I'm in Canada, and have got a 3 year contract with Rogers, and have no desire to unlock it. I like my contract. I've got a 3g that's already jailbroken, and everything's backed up via diskaid, appbackup and aptbackup. What I'm looking for is basically an upgrade to 2.2, preferably jailbroken. I only have a Windows computer.

Upgrading to 2.2 will upgrade my baseband correct? I guess, I don't really understand what this means. Will upgrading this prevent me from unlocking my phone in the future (from my carrier, which I don't mind), or will it prevent me from even jailbreaking it in the future (which I don't want to do.)

Also I'm not even sure which CFW to download because I am through Rogers and ATT. I would greatly appreciate if someone could walk me through this cause I'm really just stumbling around here.

Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze_Up View Post
    I could really use some help here. I have a basic idea of what I'm doing but, I'm really a noob at this sort of thing. I'm in Canada, and have got a 3 year contract with Rogers, and have no desire to unlock it. I like my contract. I've got a 3g that's already jailbroken, and everything's backed up via diskaid, appbackup and aptbackup. What I'm looking for is basically an upgrade to 2.2, preferably jailbroken. I only have a Windows computer.

Upgrading to 2.2 will upgrade my baseband correct? I guess, I don't really understand what this means. Will upgrading this prevent me from unlocking my phone in the future (from my carrier, which I don't mind), or will it prevent me from even jailbreaking it in the future (which I don't want to do.)

Also I'm not even sure which CFW to download because I am through Rogers and ATT. I would greatly appreciate if someone could walk me through this cause I'm really just stumbling around here.

Thanks.
    Bro,

Download the Custom firmware for 3G legit from this link:

after that do a Shift+restore and look for the CFW 2.2 (Custom Firmware) and click open and let iTunes do the rest for you. After that you will have a jailbroken 3g on cfw 2.2

Good luck...
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:17 PM. Reason: clarity

these are 2 different files which should i be using on a 2g? Thanx, Jay

ok I have updated my phone to 2.2, then used both of the above files (independently of course) one gave me an error 1600, the other an error 1606, I thought maybe it was because I had my sim locked (with a pin) so I removed the lock and tried each one again, with the same results, either from the load screen on itunes, or DFU mode, same results. I'm beginning to feel real dumb, any idea's? Thanks in advance, Jay
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j69gordon View Post
    these are 2 different files which should i be using on a 2g? Thanx, Jay

ok I have updated my phone to 2.2, then used both of the above files (independently of course) one gave me an error 1600, the other an error 1606, I thought maybe it was because I had my sim locked (with a pin) so I removed the lock and tried each one again, with the same results, either from the load screen on itunes, or DFU mode, same results. I'm beginning to feel real dumb, any idea's? Thanks in advance, Jay
    Any one of that cfw 2.2 posted should work fine for you,. 1606 error? try to use different usb port or another pc, Try to reboot your pc and do the restore again this time on DFU mode.

theres one more thing i have noticed with this 2g cfw 2.2. well maybe its just me and my iphone2g, hence why im asking here lol. i have visual voicemail without password. after installing 2g cfw 2.2, i have noticed that my vVoicemail was locked with a password. its no worry/biggie cuz you can just call your carrier and get password reset. but,

has any1 elz experienced this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

hi i have read the other comments but i have to make sure. are you sure that this will keep my iphone unlocked and will not lock it?

hello evry1
    am i the only guy getting "error 5" when upgrading from 1.1.5 to 2.1?
    tried 6 times now and gives me this error. BTW i'm doing everything explaine above in this thread

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast