Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SiMpLe Way To UPGRADE to Firmware 2.1 UnLOCKED/JAILBROKEN (windows)

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no unlock for 3G yet..........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buangsampah2003 View Post
    Hai to Theone77,
    Do you mean by inserting your Custom Firmware, the 3G Iphone can be UNLOCKED?
    (i.e. without the needs of other additional card such as TurboSim, Anysim, etc.)
    If it does, you are superb. Further, will I get the 3G function as well (Besides the WiFi)?
    Well, I have the 3G Iphone with me, but it will be used in Indonesia Operator.
    Thx and waiting your reply.
    Buang Sampah
    the CFW for 3G that i posted here does allow you to use other carriers but you need to have a Sim Solution prior to jailbreaking the 3G iphone, please read back the thread for more info.
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

dErZ (2008-11-27)

Exclamation iPhone 3G Unlock
    HI!

Any real software unlocking solution for iPhone 3G????

Thanks

it might come before Christmas, hopefully
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

dErZ (2008-11-27)

Unhappy Help please!!!!
    i have an iPhone jailbroken and unlocked with 2.1 firmware,. its just that there are lot of unused and unwanted application that's why i chose "Erase all contents and settings" but after an hour of process, my iPhone is Freezeing on its apple logo when starting up and takes a very long time, i even woke up at the middle of the night and saw nothing but an apple logo...

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

man thanks a bunch, it works like a charm now. You save my life man

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aws3ya View Post
    it might come before Christmas, hopefully
    thats good, hopefully that will help a lot of 3g owner

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

dErZ (2008-11-27)

Quote Originally Posted by CompoundBoost View Post
    I am leary of using quickpwn because when it comes to MAC and the iPhone I am a caveman. I really need to figure this out, I have to lug around my charging cable everywhere I go that has power, lol. Everyone in class is staring at me, haha. Plus I also need to figure out how to change the itunes account on my phone because I changed the username "email" to my new updated email and on the phone, it wont let me upgrade or buy anything because of it, bummer....
    ok do u have a windows or mac? quickpwn is really easy to use.. the CFW is even easier but if u have windows u might have to do a restore and use quickpwn..

Quote Originally Posted by asker View Post
    i have an iPhone jailbroken and unlocked with 2.1 firmware,. its just that there are lot of unused and unwanted application that's why i chose "Erase all contents and settings" but after an hour of process, my iPhone is Freezeing on its apple logo when starting up and takes a very long time, i even woke up at the middle of the night and saw nothing but an apple logo...

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
    why would u erase all the application.. those application are need to run your iphone... that's why your iphone is running so slow.. mine take about a minute or two to power on...
    Last edited by sirluis94; 2008-11-14 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hi guys, before i do the full restore (Can not use the UPGRADE button right?) is there anything i can use to backup all my cydia installed apps? its a pain in the a$$ to manually install each of the application again. Also, to get some HIGHSCORES back up in some games.
    Your help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Shaq

Hi guys,i need a CFW like this one but without the unlock.Can someone make one and post it for me or tell me how to get it? Thankss

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asker View Post

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

try to do a restore again thru Itunes and use quickpwn to jailbreak the official fw 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by namel3ss View Post
    you are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by namel3ss View Post

you are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by shaquk View Post
    Hi guys, before i do the full restore (Can not use the UPGRADE button right?) is there anything i can use to backup all my cydia installed apps? its a pain in the a$$ to manually install each of the application again. Also, to get some HIGHSCORES back up in some games.

Cheers,

Shaq
    There is an app in Cydia called aptbackup you can use that, read the More info of the app to get a better idea on how it works. good luck

************************************************** ***********************************************

Firmware 2.2 release is imminent" please do not upgrade your Jailbroken 2G and 3G iphones just yet we do not know what it will do with the jailbreaks or if you can still jailbreak after the restore.

"You've been Warned"

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Hi guys,i need a CFW like this one but without the unlock.Can someone make one and post it for me or tell me how to get it? Thankss
    Bro,

I dnt know your platform but if your are on mac osx you can use pwnage to create your own cfw and skip the Activation part. Btw i posted the 3G cfw a few threads back for official legit unts minus the activation.
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 2008-11-16 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

Memzi (2008-12-15), shaquk (2008-11-21)

i tried both links from the first post but i keep getting unknow error code 1604

i let itunes detect the iphone as stated in previous posts.
    Last edited by fonz06; 2008-11-16 at 11:08 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aws3ya View Post
    Originally Posted by shaquk

Cheers,

Shaq
    ----
    There is an app in Cydia called aptbackup you can use that, read the More info of the app to get a better idea on how it works. good luck
    APPBACKUP in cydia only backs up APP store applications but not apps which i downloaded from Cydia. Anything else i can do mate? Your help is very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by shaquk View Post
    APPBACKUP in cydia only backs up APP store applications but not apps which i downloaded from Cydia. Anything else i can do mate? Your help is very much appreciated.
    Sorry..i actually just realised there r two app backup programs..APPBACKUP (for application store applications) and APTBACKUP (as you correctly pointed out its for cydia applications)..THANKS..Sorry for bothering you.
    Last edited by shaquk; 2008-11-21 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

it's here guys: CFW 2.2 for Classic iphones only please note that if Cydia crashes after the restore to cfw you need to run quickpwn to fix it, dnt worry you wll still be in cfw 2.2 after quikcpwning, you need to have the pfw 2.2 and bl 3.9 and 4.6 to do the quickpwning.

To upgrade to cfw 2.2 just do a shift+restore (win) or Option+restore (mac)

heres the link for the cfw 2.2 for classic iPhones

Aws3ya cfw 2.2
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 2008-12-22 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost, added more details, looks

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

cadguycad (2008-11-25), dkeel (2008-11-27), laz305 (2009-02-01), lifetoaster (2008-12-24), Oskar.F (2009-02-02), theone77 (2008-11-24)

Thanks

thanks AWS for this again

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]iPhone 2.2 Software Update

CUSTOM FIRMWARE 2.2
    iphone classic
    ---download here--->

This update contains many bug fixes and improvements, including the following:
    • Enhancements to Maps
    - Google Street View
    - public transit and walking directions
    - display address of dropped pins
    - share location via email
    • Enhancements to Mail
    - resolved isolated issues with scheduled fetching
    of email
    - improved formatting of wide HTML email
    • Improved stability and performance of Safari
    • Podcasts are now available for download in iTunes
    application (over Wi-Fi and cellular network)
    • Decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
    • Improved sound quality of visual voicemail messages
    • Pressing the Home button from any Home screen takes
    you to the first Home screen
    • Preference to turn on/off auto-correction in Keyboard
    Settings

Products compatible with this software update:
    • iPhone
    • iPhone 3G

For more information on this software update, please visit this website: Apple (United Kingdom) - iPhone - Software Update

Safari

Safari improvements
    Safari has seen a minimal cosmetic change, which features a new search-friendly user interface; the address bar and search bar both expand over each other for convenience. Safari is reported to have better performance and more stability also.

Podcasts (iTunes Store)

Podcasts on the go
    You can now download audio and video Podcasts from the iTunes Store over WiFi or cellular direct to your iPod or iPhone. These downloads can be paused and resumed just like music purchases.
    Technote on downloading podcasts: iPhone and iPod touch: Downloading podcasts from iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store

Maps

Google Street View
    Street View allows you to take a virtual tour of a specific area; navigate street-level photographs of places located in Maps.
    Note: Google Street View is not present on iPod touch.

Transport timetables and Walking Directions
    Unlike previous versions, which only offered directions by car, 2.2 brings the ability to get walking directions, find public transport timetables, check fares and estimate your travel time.

Share Location
    You can now tap the 'Share Location' button to send an e-mail including a Google Maps URL of a place, or your current location.

Pin displays location
    After dropping a pin, the address and area postcode will be displayed.

Home Button shortcut
    Pressing the Home Button from any Home Screen page takes you the first Home Screen page

Emoji
    Starting with iPhone 2.2, Japanese customers can create and view messages with Emoji characters.

Not all customers can create and view Emoji. Emoji can only be sent from an iPhone running 2.2 with a SoftBank email account and a SoftBank SIM. Viewing Emoji on an iPhone requires iPhone 2.2 or later and a SoftBank SIM.

Troubleshooting Emoji issues can be found here: iPhone: Troubleshooting Emoji issues
    Infomation on Emoji can be found here: iPhone: Mail or SMS messages may include special characters if sent from Japan

Undocumented features & fixes
    This is a list of undocumented features & fixes.

Number formatting
    UK phone numbers are now formatted correctly. Before, numbers would display as 01234987654; a break has now been added, displaying the number as 01234 987654.
    - philgilder

Podcast streaming
    Tapping a Podcast's episode's name will result in the podcast being played via streaming (instead of a straight download).
    - chrisgeleven

If streaming a Podcast through the iTunes Store, pressing the home button will cause it to continue in the background. This does not apply to video podcasts, which close as normal.
    - jmccullough108

App Store modifications
    An icon of a application representing it's corresponding category is now visible next to the text. Prior to 2.2, the category only displayed text. You can now also view applications by "Top Paid" (most popular paid applications), "Top Free" (most popular free applications) and "Release Date" (applications are listed from their release date, with the most recent application appearing at the top of the list).

Application deletion and rating
    In an effort to improve participation in the App Store, when deleting an application, you are asked to rate it using the usual 5 star system.
    - iBeast

App Store links
    App Store links have now been fixed. Prior to 2.2, clicking a link to an application in the App Store would display "Invalid URL". The App Store now opens as expected.
    - mcdj

Updating applications
    Applications now stay in their original position while being updates. Before, the application which was in the process of being updated would move to the next available space and download, and then move back to it's original position.
    - nickspohn

Application screenshot viewer and individual buttons
    When viewing an application in the App Store, you can now view multiple screenshots. Prior to 2.2, the first screenshot in the strip would be displayed. There's now a dedicated screenshot viewer, which always you to 'swipe' through the screenshots at full screen. Each application page has it's own individual "Report A Problem" and "Tell A Friend" button.
    - hellomoto4

Update all applications
    The option to update all of your applications within the App Store has returned.
    - ratattak

Updating applications purchased by another user
    When updating an application on an iPhone or iPod touch, if the application was purchased by another user, it shows a dialog to change the user and input the password. Prior to 2.2, the App Store didn't even show the update of a application if the account configured on the iPhone or iPod touch was different.
    - CarlosH

Auto-correction
    You now have the option to turn off auto-correction in Settings > General > Keyboard.
    - extraextra

Maps caching
    The Maps application no longer caches images.
    - NDimichino & nickspohn

Calculator
    "+/-" button now has a different design.
    - hellomoto4 & balty

iPhoto
    iPhoto now displays thumbnails of screenshots imported from your iPhone or iPod touch. Prior to 2.2, iPhoto would display a dotted outline without an image.
    - Zincous

Safari tabs
    Tabbed web pages are now truly limited to eight. Previously, you could have more than eight individual web pages open, because you could open more from webclips on your Home Screen, and the number of tubs would not be be displayed whenever there were more than eight active tabs. After update 2.2, when eight tabs are open, attempting to open a ninth from a webclip will result in the first (leftmost) tab being removed. Trying another will result in the second tab, and so on.
    - sfditty

Podcasts in the iPod application
    The ordering of podcasts in the iPod application has changed when viewing mutliple episodes of the same podcast. The oldest are now displayed at the top, with the most recent at the bottom. Now they'll play through in order, rather than in reverse order like they did in previous firmware versions.
    - tyr2

On-the-go playlists
    The design of the on-the-go playlist screen has been changed; the 'Edit' button has been moved beneath the 'Playlists' instead of being directly opposite it (the 'Now Playing' button has also been finally added). The ability to 'Clear' the playlist has also been given it's own dedicated button rather than appearing solely after 'Edit' has been selected.
    - Ivan P

Stocks language
    In the Stocks application, when adding a foreign stock to the list, it displays the stock in its native language instead of English. Prior to 2.2, foreign stocks would display in English always.
    - AkuKnives

Screenshots
    You can now take a screenshot of your lock / unlock screen. Prior to 2.2, clicking both the lock button and home button would lock the phone.
    - CJKpi
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to theone77 For This Useful Post:

cadguycad (2008-11-25), dkeel (2008-11-27), jayrwatt (2008-11-27), kineticum (2008-12-30), laz305 (2009-02-01), lifetoaster (2008-12-24), LocoLippy (2009-02-21), Mareshalu (2008-11-26), Miro89 (2009-02-08), nitram (2008-12-12), Oskar.F (2009-02-02), Richme1ster (2009-01-10), silversurfer3 (2008-12-10)

thanks for the post.

iphone classic? just to be clear, does this mean iphone 2G (and NOT 3G)

or Iphone (and NOT ipod touch).(hopefully its not a dumb question!)

I'm wanting to find :
    2.2 CFW with cydia/installer ,
    not bothered about boot logos,
    to use on an O2 network uk
    iphone 3g

I want to preserve the baseband for the future but will continue to use O2 network for the next 12 months.
    Last edited by cadguycad; 2008-11-25 at 02:52 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadguycad View Post
    thanks for the post.

iphone classic? just to be clear, does this mean iphone 2G (and NOT 3G)

or Iphone (and NOT ipod touch).(hopefully its not a dumb question!)

I'm wanting to find :
    2.2 CFW with cydia/installer ,
    not bothered about boot logos,
    to use on an O2 network uk
    iphone 3g

I want to preserve the baseband for the future but will continue to use O2 network for the next 12 months.
    This CFW 2.2 is for Classic iphones or 2G i will create a 3G cfw in a coupe of days and will post it here.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

cadguycad (2008-11-25), dErZ (2008-11-27), Miro89 (2009-02-08)

thanks for clearing that up.

Will the 3g file you are going to create be suitable for me, as per my post above?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi, i did upgrade 2.2 firmware and at first i thought everything works perfect, but later i realized that every single app which i install its just opens for a sec and then crashes, please help to fix that, thank you

Thanks

Default Apps Crashing after restoring
    what apps are this? Appstore apps or default apps, please be more specific. You can try Reset all Settings or Install Bossprefs form Cydia and fixDirpermission

Here you go cfw 2.2 for Legit 3G units meaning your unit is locked to a Mobile Provider like AT&T, Tmobile etc.3G CFW can be used by legit users which means this isn't hactivated and you still need to activate your Legit 3g units through itunes.

Note: CFW works. Problem is since we need to rerun quickpwn to fix the cydia crashing problem, manage apps won't list the preinstalled goodies since the plist of the one from quickpwn won't know this. But all preinstalled apps are all working, even sbsettings! Currently thinking of a remedy for this.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2010-01-09 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aws3ya For This Useful Post:

cadguycad (2008-11-26), Marcham89 (2008-12-26), Memzi (2008-12-15)

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast