Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ive found a simple 5 step downgrading method!!! no joke!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone yomommah's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Ive found a simple 5 step downgrading method!!! no joke!!!
    IVE FOUND A DOWNGRADING SOLUTION!!! Its UNBELIVEABLY simple too since it only 4 steps and iTunes is doing most of the work for you!!!
    Ok, you only need to do a few simple things and you dont need anything besides the firmware you want to downgrade to
    (I used 2.0.2 on iTunes 8 in Vista 32bit, but it should work in all versions on Windows at least)

Step 0- This might optional but Id do it to be safe, disable all network devices to completely isolate yourself from the net.

Step 1- Get to your iTunes's firmware repository; to make step 2 faster you might want to make a shortcut. (Chances are its "CUsers\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates" again im using Vista so Im not sure. To find it at first I opened Quickpwn for FW 2.1 and copied the path, you can do that too) and add your firmware, Id add an offical to have a better success chance.

Step 2- Connect you Pod or Phone (Mine was in DFU, which is most likely a major factor) and shift+click restore and go to that repo folder through the shortcut you made before.

Step 3- Sit back and wait! It took a little longer than if i was restoring to 2.1
    but thats probably because of the speed fixes in it.

Step 4- Quickpwn or whatever to your brand new/old firmware.

Step 5- Sync your crap, shed a tear for the awesomeness
    of exploits, and enjoy!!! (And hit *Thanks if it works)

EDIT: You may have to downgrade to iTunes 7.7 or so because Im getting invalid signal errors on iT8 while on 2.0.2
    Last edited by yomommah; 2008-09-20 at 09:11 AM.

You have to be careful with that, as your baseband can end up not matching your firmware and leave you without reception.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yomommah's Avatar
    Thanks

true if you use an iphone but you can just downgrade that too

how do you know if your baseband will match ? i had 2.0.2 unlocked jailbroken 1stgen and i upgraded with a custom firmware 2.1 .. i never had a official 2.1 firmware on my phone .. does that mean my baseband is still the same as when i was on 2.0.2?