Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.1 upgrade question for Windows...

Default 2.1 upgrade question for Windows...
    I have a non-3G iPhone running 2.0 jailbroken. I would like to upgrade to 2.1 jailbreak. I see a couple people posting links that say I can upgrade to 2.1 jailbroken but I don't see that the moderators have posted official instructions at the top of the forums. Am I able to do it or what???

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

There was one...but was deleted dued to multi-posting on the same subject. It's legit though...have fun pwning.

Yup, you can do it.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/mmi-sit...pwn-2-1-a.html

Check out the dev-teams blog or read through a couple posts if you need info on how to do it. But its pretty straight forward.

Do I need to do anything special before I start jailbreaking since my phone is currently jailbroken on 2.0? Or can I just start jailbreaking?

Does Cydia, Customize, and WinderBoard work on 2.1?

Upgrade to 2.1 with Itunes. pwn to jailbreak. Thats it.

Cydia and Winterboard work, I believe Customize does, however I dont use it and am not sure.

Thanks

customize is not working last I tried in 2.1. Evennif you got it working, the Customize theme servers have been mostly nonfunctional. I had been Ssh'ing mygraphics into Customuzedora while already. Could notget it working so iconverted my theme to run on winterboard.