Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SIM problems from 1.4 to 2.1, PLEASE HELP

Unhappy SIM problems from 1.4 to 2.1, PLEASE HELP
    Hello, i recently had my 8gb iphone (2G i think) unlocked version 1.4 for tmobile by some guy for $40, suddenly all the internet base applications like the navigation, email, weather, didnt work. I know thats due to a tmobile ip change. So i researched online and saw a thread to upgrade to 2.1, so i did and now got a SIM Locked message " Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate iPhone". PLEASE HELP ME nothing works, i need my phone

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Unlock/jailbreak tools for windows hasnt come out yet..but soon. You might want to downgrade it back to 2.0.2...then use winpwn 2.5 to unlock/jailbreak the phone again. Good Luck.

Thanks

wow, 40 bucks. Can you say ripoff.

alternatively you could search for 2.1 custom firmware unlocked and activated. Think torrents.
    Last edited by 461am; 2008-09-19 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you have a mac, pwnage tool is out. Keep up to date on what to do at blog.iphone-dev.org

I was having a problem install winpwn 2.5 on my computer that's why I was having a hard time. I installed winpwn 2.5 on another computer and restore the 2.0.2. then I upgraded itunes to 8.0 and then upgraded the phone to 2.1. It's still unlock but no jailbreak right now. I'm happy. Waiting for an easier way to jailbreak 2.1. I'm hearing people are having problems with their phones right now so i'm just going to wait a lil bit.