Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.1 contacts issue, kinda weird... please read

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 2.1 contacts issue, kinda weird... please read
    so after i updated to 2.1 i noticed itunes is automatically syncing with mobile me. bad thing is i have canceled this and will expire in a few days.

thing is, when i turn off auto sync contacts, all my contacts disapear and recieved calls are digits and not names. why is this? how do i fix?

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I don't know how or why but I have an idea to get your contacts back. Assuming you use Windows anyway.

Sync your phone again but check it to where it syncs with Mobile Me. After that finishes, go back and change it w/windows contacts. It should be a choice just under the Mobile Me top half. And I believe this will copy the contacts onto your computer and store them there.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

there is no option to change with windows or anything. just says

" your contacts are being synced with your iphone over the air from mobile me"
    " over the air settings can be changed on your iphone. "

but where???

when i select to stop syncing contacts it says they will go away, which is what happens. how the heck can i change this??

nobody has any advice for me here? when i turn my mobileme contacts off it removes the names from my phone. this is SO weird..

is there any way to go to me.com and export my contacts list and import them into outlook or something?
    Last edited by tha5150; 2008-09-19 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost