Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two sets of directories and more in my iPhone?

Question Two sets of directories and more in my iPhone?
    Was just SSHing into my iPhone, and I noticed that in my /private/var/stash directory I have three Applications directories, one of which is empty. All of the other directories are duplicates as well. Can I delete one of each? Which one? Do I need two sets of everything?

OneRing2Rule
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

Are you on 2.1? Mine did the same thing. I changed the symbolic link from the /applications to /private/var/stash/application.????? (upper and lower case alpha letters) directory that had all my apps. Winscp would give me an error if I tried to click on the root /applications folder and take me to the old application directory. Changing the symlink fixed the problem and I believe got rid of the old application directory. At work so cant tell you that for sure. My problem is the Safari Download plugin is supposed to create a Downloads folder in the /var directory, but my /var has a symbolic link to private/var. The Downloads folder is not created and when I try to download something from safari I get a download error. I've tried to add the Downloads folder manually, but still get the download error. Not sure how to get rid of the symlink, but also not sure if getting rid of that symlink will cause any problems for the phone? I've tried a couple other posts but no response from anyone yet. Hopefully someone will have an answer?

Thanks

Open WINSCP, select "Root" on the left pane, then goto "Commands" (across the top), then click on the bottom option "Clear Caches".

Then close WINSCP, then open it and connect again.

That should fix you right up...

wikidmonky, that was the key to the problem. Everything works now. Thanks given!!!!

Wikidmonky,

have any suggestions for me? Still can download in safari with the safari download plugin installed?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcgill4 View Post
    Wikidmonky,

have any suggestions for me? Still can download in safari with the safari download plugin installed?

thanks
    Sorry, I do not have any experience with the issue you are having...

Thanks anyways!! Hopefully someone will chime in and give me some ideas so I can download from safari, or wait for an update if thats whats needed.

Thanks again....