Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Noob pot-pourri :D

Default Noob pot-pourri :D
    hi people,

Having a few unrelated questions, I thought it best to bundle'em together in here. I hope it's okay:

1) I'm getting blocked incoming calls, with no ID and not enough time for the phone to ring. As far as I know there is no block caller option on the phone, and my carrier (japan) says they don't know (of course lol )
    I'm not using the iPhone as main cell yet, so nobody has my number...

2) last night I listen to some meditation track (55min) in bed, and fell asleep in the middle of it, so the earphones stayed plugged all night while the phone autolocked itself.
    When I woke up 9 hours later, the phone had gone from fully charged minus 55min of music to fully discharged...
    Could the earphones hve done that?
    The phone is running genuine 2.1 and autolock is set ro 5min.

3) does jailbreakinf allows to customize mail notice ringtones?

4) does turning off 3G when you're not using the web REALLY save up on the batteries? One of my friend says so but with no apps in the background... I wonder.

Thanks!

and I typed that in the train, so please excuse the typos!
    Last edited by albior; 2008-09-16 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

1) This was have to do with your carrier, as you're correct, the iPhone does not have call blocking at this time (unless you install 3rd party apps from Cydia).

2) The iPhone has a battery life of 7 hours when listening to music. Just because the phone autolocks does not mean the music will stop. Autolocking is a method of saving battery life while listening to music. However it would never last 9 hours.

3) Yes

4) Yes
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

cheers! Although the track I was listening to is less than an hour and not set on repeat.. So the iPod interface on sleep mode would drain my batteries just like actual playback??

edit: tried and turned off 3G in downtown Tokyo... Reception went down to zero bar before giving me the No Service icon... Hurrah... And this is Tokyo, lmao

Thanks

Doesn't japan use ONLY 3G now?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Mmm... not sure but doubtful... there are loads of people still using really old cells... Softbank (former Vodafone) just might though... since we have no wifi spots, this sucks a bit...