Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help. jailbreaking issues

Default Help. jailbreaking issues
    I'm having a few problems with my iphone right now, but I'll tell you how they started.

I tried to use the quickpwn guide and just as my computer started noticing the phone at the end of holding the home button for 30 seconds, it failed to install the driver, and my phone wasn't restarting.

now the new problem is after getting my computer to recognize my phone. In device manager, it shows apple USB device but with a yellow exclamation point, and it only stays noticed by the computer for a minute or two, and the phone doesn't charge or get noticed by itunes.

I have tried a few things now... i've already uninstalled and reinstalled itunes 8.0. I have restored my Mobile Service folder in apple's common files to a month ago, when my phone was recognized. I uninstalled the driver while the phone was recognized briefly in device manager and pointed the computer in the direction of common files\apple\drivers for the driver where it says that the file is up to date... and i'm stufk with an error 39 in device manager where it says the driver is corrupt.

what do I do?

any help would be appreciated (and I already posted in the guide thread which i followed.. I'm not sure where I should put this, and it's obviously overwhelming not being able to fix my first iphone problem)

when happens when you power up your phone? does it reboot after 5 or so minutes? are you still able to get into the file system (using diskaid) when you turn on your iphone and connected to a USB?

Thanks

go into device manager and uninstall the apple device dhwing with the yellow exclamation point. Reboot the of and plug in the iPhone again. Maybe in a different usb port. Then try quickpwn again.

Quote Originally Posted by sye46 View Post
    when happens when you power up your phone? does it reboot after 5 or so minutes? are you still able to get into the file system (using diskaid) when you turn on your iphone and connected to a USB?
    DiskAid tells me to connect an iphone or ipod touch. and i can't reboot my iphone until i hold the home and power for ten seconds (you never see even a flicker) but then when i hold power it boots back up into normal mode

Quote Originally Posted by bhzi View Post
    go into device manager and uninstall the apple device dhwing with the yellow exclamation point. Reboot the of and plug in the iPhone again. Maybe in a different usb port. Then try quickpwn again.
    i'm trying running an uninstall on both apple mobile devices and itunes and i'm reinstalling itunes right now. if that doesn't work i'll try uninstalling the link with the yellow arrow, but i tried that a few times. already

thanks for the help

Thanks

As long as the driver with the exclamation point is showing with that , I dont think it will work. Here's a dumb question, if you are leaving your iPhone plugged in while you do all this don't. Also do not plug it in unless it is turned on.

SOLVED, worked perfectly, and i just re-jailbroke it with quickpwn too, thank you