Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2.1 Jailbreak (Windows) - [Guide]

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Worked for me first time, SHIFT+RESTORE wouldn't work so I followed this guide. No missing music, Cydia AND Installer. Least now I have something to do at work tonight.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by session3eleven View Post
    I'm having the same problem...does anyone know how to fix this?
    Kroke fixed it by going back to 2.0 in stead of 2.1.... See one or two pages back... Would still love to be able doing this with 2.1 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by wesexcellence View Post
    I'm getting tired of this.
    I went to mydoc/mymusic/itunes folder and renamed it itunez.
    I removed itunes 8 via control panel.
    I rebooted and installed itunes 7.7
    It says "the file "itunes library.it cannot be read because it was created using a newer version.
    So, I can't go any further with that.

When I attempt to j/b without downgrading itunes, I follow every detail and when it reboots the apple logo stays for awhile then "flashes" then stays on apple logo.
    I let it stay on the apple logo hoping it would eventually reboot being j/b but my kids are gonna graduate in 4 years. lol
    Any ideas? I was happy w/ my 2.02 j/b but now it appears I'm stuck w/ a stock 3g?
    Hey wes, that file that it says it can't read just delete that file, and it should work. Got this from another site.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi...
    thank you for the guide...it worked perfect.....i had a fresh 2.1 install....ran the quickpwn .....replaced the files you said and deleted the one you said it reboot jailbroken.....thank you again
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

Pwned without downgrading to 7.7

I posted yesterday that everything worked and is fine, but since jailbreaking the regular phone application opens, is frozen, and crashes after about 5 seconds. I can still send calls via the contacts app and receive calls, but the normal call screen doesn't show up so i can't end the call. Also I downloaded snapture and videorecorder3g both of which crash after a few seconds. I'm running 2.1 on a 3g and followed this guide exact except i kept itunes 8

I keep getting an error occurred while trying to launch the pwning process. What's going on.

windows 3g 2.1 unjailbroken

same thing happened for me. you just need to get microsofts .NET framework 2.0 just google it and it should work fine

Works great THX

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution21 View Post
    same thing happened for me. you just need to get microsofts .NET framework 2.0 just google it and it should work fine
    do i have to delete anything? It says it can't be installed bc it is incompatible with previous versions. ANy suggetions?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by wmeter View Post
    Kroke fixed it by going back to 2.0 in stead of 2.1.... See one or two pages back... Would still love to be able doing this with 2.1 !!!

i did a restore in itunes....now the phone will turn on but it is in the emergency screen. its weird because if i put my sim card in I can still make calls having tmobile but thats it it just has the emergency call screen on. I still have the 2.1 now on my first generation....should I try and rejailbreak it again using quickpwn? I do all the steps but then it just gets stuck on the apple screen after suposably being jailbroken...help!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Can you have a custom boot logo with this procedure?

I'm stuck at the commandline where it is stuck after saying unsupported itunesmobiledevice.dll version.

help?

cheers for that, great guide, as many others have mentioned you can upgrade to itunes 8 and go straight to quickpwn from there. no d/g needed.

my only other advise, which i completly forgot about *BACK UP YOUR CONTACTS*.

trying to restore from a 2.02 backup in itunes kept causing phone to lock at startup.

great guide!!!!

side note, when using quickpwn I unchecked installer and boot logo, (does anything use installer anymore?)
    Last edited by VampireV; 2008-09-19 at 12:39 AM.
    Follow me on twitter @inappmatt check out my YouTube stupidity Youtube.com/Inappropriatematt (NSFW)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Can you have a custom boot logo with this procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by session3eleven View Post
    i did a restore in itunes....now the phone will turn on but it is in the emergency screen. its weird because if i put my sim card in I can still make calls having tmobile but thats it it just has the emergency call screen on. I still have the 2.1 now on my first generation....should I try and rejailbreak it again using quickpwn? I do all the steps but then it just gets stuck on the apple screen after suposably being jailbroken...help!
    Yes, your best luck is to redo. Honestly, go to 2.0 for now if you need your phone (I suspect you do, like everyone else).

GL!

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, I thought I was still unlocked but apparently something strange is happening with my iPhone (just like session3eleven):

When I pop in another SIM, I get the emergency/connect-to-iTunes screen. But when I call the telephone number of that SIM, the phone rings and I can talk! If I slide to get the emergency keypad, I can dial any number I want and talk!!! But I don't get the springboard unless I take the SIM out of the phone or put back in the original SIM.

Also, I tried running Bootneuter but it tells me that my settings are correct.

Any ideas anyone??

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hey please can someone tell me if I can change the boot logo with this tutorial?

This all worked great. I followed every single thing step by step and had no problems at all. The only thing, which doesn't really bother me, is that when I'm booting I have no boot logo, only a blank screen.

Everything remained after the upgrade too, didn't have to reinstall anything, aside from cydia apps.

I have a big problem I cant make any outgoing calls nor can i recieve incoming calls. So i tried to restore i to the original firmware but nothing. I have tried different sim cards but to no avil. I then called apple/at and they said it was my 413 dialing area that was the problem so after getting off the phone with them i put my sim in my other att Phone and it worked so i think i screwed up my phone any ideas what could be wrong? Or should i goto an att/apple store and complain?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast