Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2.1 Jailbreak (Windows) - [Guide]

it's work great on my first try follow post 1 and I used itune 8.0

Ok I'm stuck. I followed the directions, got to 4, where it finally rebooted. The problem is all I have is the Itunes icon with a cord icon plugging into it so DiskAid will not work because the iPhone is not recognized. What did I do wrong, or how can I fix this? Please help

I am about to begin this process, before i do, i would like to know if my iphone needs wi-fi to connect to diskaid?

kroke
    Leave your iphone and cable
    As it redo the process until you see it ask is your iphone connect hold the power and home until you see screen go black let go the power keep hold the home button until you see all the text start to run and let go

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok I got mines to work now hooray, I was getting stuck at the Apple logo then re-did the process all over again to realize I was deleting the whole MobileInstallation.framework folder instead of the file inside. deleted the file then the com.apple.mobile.installation.plist
    and I was good

Well, I've tried several times, seems I'm in the same boat as the others of it attempting to boot but freezes when the apple icon shows, just sits there forever. Tried 3 times now. Should I go back to prevoius version?

Let me explain:
    I was on 1.1.4 earlier today. (upgraded and hacked with Ziphone from 1.1.1)

I d/l all of the files and followed this tutorial. I upgraded to iTunes 8, and allowed it to update my iPhone to 2.1, then I ran through this tutorial. I get past step 4 using QuickPwn, but it freezes on the apple logo icon during bootup. So I never get the chance to run DiskAid.

There is probably something ridiculously silly I didn't do correct (big shocker, lol). Anyways, would really appriciate any help or advice guys. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Kroke; 2008-09-18 at 06:57 AM.

Hey I'm just trying all of this for the first time and I have Windows XP and when I try to open QuickPwn-GUI.exe all that I get is an application error and i have to press ok to terminate the program. What is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Kroke View Post
    Well, I've tried several times, seems I'm in the same boat as the others of it attempting to boot but freezes when the apple icon shows, just sits there forever. Tried 3 times now. Should I go back to prevoius version?
    you have to restored and redo it

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution21 View Post
    Hey I'm just trying all of this for the first time and I have Windows XP and when I try to open QuickPwn-GUI.exe all that I get is an application error and i have to press ok to terminate the program. What is wrong
    maybe you need to download NET FRAMEWORK 2.0
    Last edited by 8715000; 2008-09-18 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Worked! Thanks a lot, I'll let you know how the whole thing goes

I have tried this too. I couldn't get it to work. I was left with the USB cable + connect to iTunes screen. After some more fiddling around I thought I had it, but got stuck at the Apple logo. I tried to start up in DFU or recovery but it made no difference. After more fooling around, I got it to work so iTunes would start and recognize my phone, but I would only get the activation site from AT&T.

I also had the problem that iTunes 7.7 told me "iTunes library can't be read". I got around that by deleting several iTunes files found on my computer. And by the end of the day when reinstalling 8.0 I had problems too, I needed to delete the file for that genius stuff.

After lots of restarts, DFU modes, recoveries I was finally able to just recover my phone.

I never got as far as using that DISKAID program.

Anyways... it works great again RUNNING 2.0. But still, I am not going to try again. It cost me several hours to try and "fix" my phone.

I also read online that some of the problems are due to the installation of "categories"... I do have that installed.

I am sorry my description isn't more detailed, its a blur. I had to do a lot, and I can't remember exactly, all the logos and screens start to look like one another after a while haha.

Anyways, my recommendation = wait when you have a PC!!!

Unless you really need the update and are an expert at this. I am not a novice, but also not an super expert by far.

I'll wait for winpwn or something.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well i followed all the steps ( nice write up ) and only used iTunes 8.0 and worked fine for me..

thanks!

Is this method is only for Jailbreaking the iphone or it will also unlock it for other NON AT & T sims

how long does it take with apple logo?

Exclamation Problems With Cracked App Store Apps
    Ok i have SSH'd into my iphone and have put the apps in the proper folders and set the permissions to 775 just like ur supposed to, btw i have done this flawlessly with 2.0-2.0.2 but for some reason the cracked apps do no display on my spring board. this ******* sucks HALP MEH!

Just wanted to let you know, I kept on trying the same thing, with the same results, so I went for 2.0, it finally worked and booted in.

I have a couple questions:
    Where is the search function on this board :P
    After updating to 2.0 I get a "You must first connect to iTunes with an Internet connection to enable YouTube", can someone point me in the right direction?
    And finally: My sound through the earpiece is very very faint now after upgrading, is there a known cure like there was in 1.1.4?

Thanks a lot everyone for your help. Night

Worked for me. Thanks left.

I do appreciate it.

my phone is relocked...it always ges stuck on the apple boot...how long is it suppose to take?

Hi,

I always get stuck between step 4 and step 5. It does find the iPhone in recovery mode, and it does the changes (I did not select the boot logo changes, but I see shortly the pineapple icon on the screen...) with QuickPWN-GUI.exe (and the command line utility).

However, it never comes to a started iPhone. It falls in an endless loop I cannot get out. The apple boot icon remains on the screen for a couple if minutes, then every now and then a 'sandhour' that runs for a couple of seconds, then freezes... And then nothing... The iPhone reboots itself (either for a reason, or maybe the battery gets too weak) and goes again in the same loop...

I can manually put it in to recovery mode, and have my Itunes 8 recover the 2.1 image, but installing 8.0 / un-installing 7.whatever is kind of time consuming afther the 3rd try.... (With the fresh 2.1 fw on it, iTunes tells me that it does not like my SIM, which worked fine with the ZIBRI unlocked 1.1.4 setup....)

Any ideas / suggestion / help ???

Thanks a lot in advance !

In the same topic, any posability to re-install the 1.1.4 software so that I can re-ZIPHONE the phone ??

Thx !

Willem

Thanks

Followed those steps and my phone works great. Had to download the Cydia apps again, no biggie. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wmeter View Post
    Hi,

I always get stuck between step 4 and step 5. It does find the iPhone in recovery mode, and it does the changes (I did not select the boot logo changes, but I see shortly the pineapple icon on the screen...) with QuickPWN-GUI.exe (and the command line utility).

However, it never comes to a started iPhone. It falls in an endless loop I cannot get out. The apple boot icon remains on the screen for a couple if minutes, then every now and then a 'sandhour' that runs for a couple of seconds, then freezes... And then nothing... The iPhone reboots itself (either for a reason, or maybe the battery gets too weak) and goes again in the same loop...
    I'm having the same problem...does anyone know how to fix this?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast