Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2.1 Jailbreak (Windows) - [Guide]

OK i think i figured it out.......the file you are putting in for 2.1MI patched if it is the zip file you have to unzip and put in the Icon that comes out of the file...I had the apple logo for the longest time and re-pwned and then i went back into diskaid and noticed the zip file and changed it...as soon as i did that the phone vibrated and i rebooted and it came on with cydia on there.
    I hope it keeps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mgigs For This Useful Post:

E.T.homeIphone (2008-09-19)

I did unzip it and installed the unzipped file.
    I finally got the app store but no cydia or all my apps.

why it takes so long to reboot in step 5??

I just quickpwn'd my 3G 2.1 iphone. I followed the steps on the first page and everything went really smooth. Everything seems to be working fine too.

Thanks

This sucks! I went from a j/b 2.02 w/ all kinds of cydia apps ans app store apps to a 10 logo'd starter phone.
    I followed everything and then I tried to uninstall 8.0 and install 7.7 but it says library cannot be recognized because it was created by a newer itunes version.
    I hate this!
    Any help wud b appreciated...

rename the iTunes folder (located in Documents/My Music on XP) and then try and install iTunes 7.7. You dont need the library anyway since you will end up reinstalling iTunes 8 when you are done. This has the added benefit of not risking wiping all your stuff out accidentally until you are ready to sync.

this was super uber easy. I just did it in a matter of 10 minutes I would say. I didn't downgrade to 7.7 and just followed the directions. Pretty simple. I unchecked the custom boot image btw. That wasn't in the tut but it worked for me. Using cydia right now!

yeah same for me, froze on apple logo screen

I'm not sure why people just don't save a custom firmware to their desktop, plug your iphone in,hit "Shift +restore" in Itunes and select your custom firmware. You're done after that-2.1 on iphone. No need to SSH/delete stuff, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tsandershsa View Post
    This did not work for me...xp pro w/itunes8...I did everything as written (unchecked the "change boot logo") but when the phone rebooted it was stuck on the apple logo...no amount of reboots to the phone would make it go further...I'm in the process of doing a restore... Any ideas or suggestions?
    All I can tell you is 3rd time is a charm....I didn't do anything different...xp pro w/itunes8, (although I did manually close all itunes apps prior to starting quickpwn).... This time it worked flawless!

Tks
    TS

Hey has anyone noticed any charging issues since updating? My phone has been plugged in all day and no full charge. It's always at 3/4 or less.

I just noticed that the quickpwn 2.1 version states that it only supports 2.0.2, 2.0.1 and 2.0 firmware.
    I tried to load my 2.1 firmware restore I get an error message.
    Any thoughts?

mine still locking up on apple boot up screen, restoring back to 2.0.2

mine said that too but worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpieBandit View Post
    I'm not sure if this will work but try installing BossPrefs and see if AppStore is even listed under the Poof! menu. If it is try hiding it and respring, then go back and unhide it and respring again to try and "reset" your springboard.

And I was also wondering how he got the boot screen out of what you said....
    Sharpie lol...I have no clue what you just said here. I don't even know what a "springboard" is. I'll just wait for iphoneunlockuk to update the fix for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ltent View Post
    mine still locking up on apple boot up screen, restoring back to 2.0.2
    when your in Disk Aid and "deleting from the device" for com.apple.mobile.... Don't delete the actual folder. Click on the folder on the left the file is on the right and don't RIGHT click press the button.

I'm getting tired of this.
    I went to mydoc/mymusic/itunes folder and renamed it itunez.
    I removed itunes 8 via control panel.
    I rebooted and installed itunes 7.7
    It says "the file "itunes library.it cannot be read because it was created using a newer version.
    So, I can't go any further with that.

When I attempt to j/b without downgrading itunes, I follow every detail and when it reboots the apple logo stays for awhile then "flashes" then stays on apple logo.
    I let it stay on the apple logo hoping it would eventually reboot being j/b but my kids are gonna graduate in 4 years. lol
    Any ideas? I was happy w/ my 2.02 j/b but now it appears I'm stuck w/ a stock 3g?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    argh! did everything from the faq. and now my iPhone is bricked. After deleting the com.apple.mobile.installation.plist, rebooted my phone and now I'm stuck at the Apple logo. iTunes won't recognize the phone...so it's bricked

Join the party.
    Just go to itunes and restore. You can build a house while it does it but it will work.

I would like to know from anyone who has xp and done it successfully how long the apple logo stayed on their screen after disckaid and reboot.
    I'm still stuck on the apple logo and this is the 4th time I've tried.
    BTW Why is this method requiring more stuff when the last j/b methods were basically click n done?

I would like to know from anyone who has xp and done it successfully how long the apple logo stayed on their screen after disckaid and reboot.
    I'm still stuck on the apple logo and this is the 4th time I've tried.
    BTW Why is this method requiring more stuff when the last j/b methods were basically click n done?
    Last edited by wesexcellence; 2008-09-18 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by aclark View Post
    1. Open iTunes 8, and update to iPhone firmware 2.1.

2. After you're upgraded to firmware 2.1, uninstall iTunes 8.0, and install iTunes 7.7.* (remember to reboot after the uninstall of 8.0, before installing 7.7).

3. Run the QuickPWN-GUI.exe file and browse to select your iPhone 2.1 firmware.
    So if I am reading this correctly, I'm supposed to upgrade to 2.1 through iTunes (the apple released version as in step 1), then in step 3 I point it to the modified firmware?

Please comfirm, because, I am a n00b

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sye46 View Post

whats going on when you boot it up? does it stay on the bootscreen for a while and then you see a "flash" where it reboots itself? do you have a lot of applications?
    That's what mine does...after awhile I see a flash the screen goes dark then reappears w the apple logo which, after awhile does it again.
    This is very frustrating!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast