Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2.1 Jailbreak (Windows) - [Guide]

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

I got "quickpwn has stopped working..." Anyone else get this?
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

[QUOTE=sye46;2200641]that is because you kept the "custom boot logo" checked. there is a bug in quickpwn that if you choose to update the logo, it leaves it blank. if you unchecked that checkbox in quickpwn, you would retain the apple boot logo.

i made the same mistake.

I'm not talking about the apple logo when the phone is booting up (did you not read? lol) I'm talking about the APP STORE ICON on the home screen of the phone...it's gone after I put cydia and installer back on the phone. When i reboot the phone, home screen comes back the icon is gone...no more app store! How more clearer could I possibly be and how could you get that confused with the boot logo? LOL...

worked like a charm, on the first try, did not uninstall itunes 8, xp pro xp3 machine. thanks a lot

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sseadoubleyou
    i made the same mistake.

I'm not talking about the apple logo when the phone is booting up (did you not read? lol) I'm talking about the APP STORE ICON on the home screen of the phone...it's gone after I put cydia and installer back on the phone. When i reboot the phone, home screen comes back the icon is gone...no more app store! How more clearer could I possibly be and how could you get that confused with the boot logo? LOL...
    I'm not sure if this will work but try installing BossPrefs and see if AppStore is even listed under the Poof! menu. If it is try hiding it and respring, then go back and unhide it and respring again to try and "reset" your springboard.

And I was also wondering how he got the boot screen out of what you said....
    Last edited by SharpieBandit; 2008-09-16 at 08:43 PM.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

I've tried doing this over 5 times. with bothe versions of itunes, but the cydia or installer apps never show up. what am I doing wrong?

Thanks, didn't downgrade itunes, still worked good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky2480 View Post
    I've tried doing this over 5 times. with bothe versions of itunes, but the cydia or installer apps never show up. what am I doing wrong?
    you have to delete the com.apple.mobile.installation.plist in order for those to show up.

Custom sebgonz sig.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aclark For This Useful Post:

Ricky2480 (2008-09-16)

I have...I'll try one more time

Ok for some reason when i open up Quickpwn and get to the browse for firmware there is no firmware...i got to the directories in the folder and it is blanks in the quickpwn program but if i go into the folders on my desktop manually i can see that there are 3 files...bbupdater.patch, lockdownd.patch, Info. What am i missing here?

EDIT: NM, I'm an idiot. I just realized it's looking for the ispw file.
    Last edited by Jayman11; 2008-09-16 at 10:02 PM.

HELP???

This is on a 3g iphone with quickpwn 2.0.2 on it.
    I upgraded to 2.1 from itunes.(It went fine)
    When I try to to quickpwn. (it went thru fine.)
    After it reboots. I get a itunes logo and usb cable picture on the iphone.
    When I replug it in to the computer. Itunes only gives me a restore option.

Help someone????

got it...thanks

Edit:EJ set it up as a new iPhone. then just sync it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricky2480 For This Useful Post:

ej257gd (2008-09-16)

Yeah. I did that and my phone went back to the normal.

Any solutions to the quickpwn issue I am having?

Quote Originally Posted by ej257gd View Post
    Yeah. I did that and my phone went back to the normal.

Any solutions to the quickpwn issue I am having?
    Thanks everyone. got it to work. I just have to download all my cydia apps again. No big deal.
    Last edited by ej257gd; 2008-09-16 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ej257gd For This Useful Post:

leovi2000 (2008-09-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsandershsa View Post
    This did not work for me...xp pro w/itunes8...I did everything as written (unchecked the "change boot logo") but when the phone rebooted it was stuck on the apple logo...no amount of reboots to the phone would make it go further...I'm in the process of doing a restore... Any ideas or suggestions?
    I'm right there with you... I can't get mine to work either... LMK if you figure it out...

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    When I tried to use "quickpwniphone2.1" on my Itunes 8 machine it detected applemobiledevice.dll as a fault and did not run to completion properly, perhaps if you only install cydia it will work but if you try to jailbreak or unlock it will not under iTunes 8

Using "quickpwniphone2.1" under itunes 7.7 did bring up any error reports in the script and ran to completion

I hope this helps some of you with problems
    I am still getting this error even when downgrading iTunes back to 7.7...?
    Last edited by nrowensby; 2008-09-17 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've got iTunes 7.7.*, uninstalled Apple Mobile Device, get none of the "incorrect iTunes, etc.dll" or "incorrect AppleMobileDevice, etc.dll" errors, and when the command prompt is done counting the LAST countdown for DFU mode, it just closes. The phone never reboots, it just sits there powered off, until I turn it on. Then DiskAid says my device isn't jailbroken (won't let me access the root folder).
    Anyone have this experience and/or have some advice?

so the boot logo should be unchecked and everything should work?
    MG

I've followed the directions except for the remove 8.0 and go w/ 7.7.
    Everytime after the disc aid, I reboot and it freezes on the apple logo.
    I've tried 3 times and I end up doing a restore and I'm left without the app store program.

Any ideas???

do you get the cydia app? I have tried twice and really do not want to go thru a 3 rd restore.
    MG

Quote Originally Posted by wesexcellence View Post
    I've followed the directions except for the remove 8.0 and go w/ 7.7.
    Everytime after the disc aid, I reboot and it freezes on the apple logo.
    I've tried 3 times and I end up doing a restore and I'm left without the app store program.

Any ideas???
    At least I got the app store app back...tried twice but never got past the apple logo....full restore went fine though...If any body come up with a solution LMK...

Tks
    TS

This sucks! I went from a j/b 2.02 w/ all kinds of cydia apps ans app store apps to a 10 logo'd starter phone.
    I followed everything and then I tried to uninstall 8.0 and install 7.7 but it says library cannot be recognized because it was created by a newer itunes version.
    I hate this!
    Any help wud b appreciated...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast