Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Accidently Restored My Phone to 2.1 FW

Default I Accidently Restored My Phone to 2.1 FW
    So i had 2.0, i updated to 2.1 and just lost my jailbreak but it was still unlocked. My phone was having problems so stupid me clicked on "Restore" so it restored my phone back to basically brand new. So now i have a 2.1 regular phone its no longer unlocked or jailbroken. So i went over to another thread on here where you can download 2.1 custom firmwares since i have windows, so i put my phone in recovery mode and clicked on shift+restore and clicked on the custom firmware i downloaded, but i keep getting the 1600 error, so now i have no idea what to do, i dont know if im doing something wrong or if im just getting that error because i restored my phone back to factory state. if someone could please help me that would be appreciated. thankyou

AIM: eQuiS Ch3x

Currently, DevTeams for WinPwn (Windows Ver.) are have not launched 2.1 FW tools and builders yet. Last Night, i have also accidently did it... Restored my Iphone with new 2.1 FW... that sux, and i understand how u feel atm, so just wait for them to come out windows ver. for 2.1 FW... i read that OS X has came out already but yet to test it...

I dont understand the people posting these custom firmwares as you still have to "pwn" Itunes for them to work....and alas, currently WinPC users cant do that because there is no compatible Pwn tool yet.

I did the exact same thing. I did a restore, and updated my 1st gen iphone to 2.1

Now it's locked and unjailbroken. It's basically back to factory default settings.

I've re-created a custome 2.01 ispw file using WinPwn 2.004 and I've tried to restore it using itunes 7.7, but still no luck. I keep getting error 1600 when in DFU mode. When I don't go into DFU mode, I get error 6.

Are we basically FUBAR until the new release of WinPWN is out to work with 2.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Zameus View Post
    I did the exact same thing. I did a restore, and updated my 1st gen iphone to 2.1

Now it's locked and unjailbroken. It's basically back to factory default settings.

I've re-created a custome 2.01 ispw file using WinPwn 2.004 and I've tried to restore it using itunes 7.7, but still no luck. I keep getting error 1600 when in DFU mode. When I don't go into DFU mode, I get error 6.

Are we basically FUBAR until the new release of WinPWN is out to work with 2.1?
    So, in a sense, you did restore first, then restored to the custom FW and now you're locked/unJB'd? I was under the impression that was ok, as long as you're restoring to a custom 2.1, at some point.

Meant to add: So you updated to 2.1 FW, before any other custom FW was attempted?

for all those who restored their phone to normal....
    try this procedure from the link. i hope it would help
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ows-guide.html

UPDATE: good news guys and gals! for those who updated their iphone to 2.1 can now jailbreak it.
    just use quickpwn! http://www.quickpwn.com/2008/09/jail...i-version.html
    Last edited by unlockingsky; 2008-09-22 at 03:33 PM.

Is there anyone who has this info for a mac user?