Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Respring problem in pwnd 2.1???

Default Respring problem in pwnd 2.1???
    I've just pwnd my 3G iphone using Pwnage Tool for the Mac.

The Jailbreak went fine, but I've noticed that respringing isnt working in quite the same way.

Example: I install most of my apps using SSH method, but they were not showing up on the phone after I did a respring using BossPrefs, or a reboot. This was not a problem before.

They did, however, show up after I had installed something through Installer and it had done its respring process.

Similarly winterboard modifications are not showing up instantly as they did under 2.02

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this behaviour? Is it that respringing is a different process under 2.1 or is it a a general pwnage issue?

They do show up eventually, but not as simply as pre 2.1.

I'd like to state that im having a similar problem (i think?!). I had backed up alot of my iphone jailbroken apps via SSH before updating. After respringing, rebooting, EVERYTHING, i could not get them to show up. But now after reading this and installing a cydia app, they show up. Is this a known problem?

I am also having the same issue. The solution I found so far is to use the Respring app from BigBoss. You can obviously get it from Cydia. Seems to work for me. Funny enough, the respring function that's present in the latest BossPrefs (v2.13b as of now) doesn't seem to fix this issue, but their stand alone Respring app does (although they do mention in the Respring app's description that it was updated for 2.1)