Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: right now im pulling hair out/slitting wrists/praying etc

Default right now im pulling hair out/slitting wrists/praying etc
    My story begins today. My jailbroken 2g 2.0.2 iphone was running pretty sluggishly, and some people on some forums said 2.0.1 was faster so i decided to restore to a custom 2.0.1 firmware from 2.0.2. I was using itunes 8.0 today btw. I put my phone into dfu and restored.. i got 1600 error. said it could not be restored. After that it wouldnt get out of dfu. i eventually got it out of dfu mode and then it just would not get passed the connect to itunes screen. So i decided to try normally restoring to a stock 2.0.2 firmware through itunes. that worked. and now its a virgin phone again. locked and not activated, but working basically. i uninstalled apple mobile device etc, uninstalled itunes 8, installed itunes 7.7.01, and put my phone into dfu mode and clicked to restore to a custom 2.0.2 firmware. but now i get error 1602. I am going crazy here! this is my only phone and im missing important phone calls and my phone is out of commission in the middle of a business week! can someone help me please. i am using windows xp btw

Im going to assume you used winpwn to create a custom firmware file.

You know, you cant "re-use" a custom firmware file, you have to back through the whole process - create the custom file, pwn Itunes (important part) and all.

If you dont pwn Itunes each time, it wont accept the custom file.