Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No data plan on Jailbroken phone?

Default No data plan on Jailbroken phone?
    Im with ATT and have a V1 iphone using 2.02 unlocked/jailbroken with winpwn.

I tired to add a data plan to my iphone and it will not let me online so i call ATT and they said, i have to go into a store and activate my phone before i can add it.

Is there anyway around this? Im using a SIM from my other ATT phone that i no longer use.

know one has any idea?

I guess know one has any idea on how to get around this?
    Last edited by chris82; 2008-09-11 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Most likely has something to do with the fact that you "unlocked" the iphone and probably let winpwn also activate it.

If your on AT&T there is NO reason to unlock the phone. I would redo it, jailbreak it fine...just dont unlock and also....make sure Itunes activates the phone....not winpwn.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Most likely has something to do with the fact that you "unlocked" the iphone and probably let winpwn also activate it.

If your on AT&T there is NO reason to unlock the phone. I would redo it, jailbreak it fine...just dont unlock and also....make sure Itunes activates the phone....not winpwn.

Wouldnt i have to pay $35 for the activation plus be singned up for 2 years if i did it that way?

No. I whole signing up for a 2-year contract, paying $35 is because your buying the device (iphone) from AT&T/Apple.

You already have the phone. When Itunes "activates" it - it wont even ask you for any information, you wont even see anything on the screen, you just click "activate as new phone" after the restore using your pwned firmware file and poof, its done.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

chris82 (2008-09-11)

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    No. I whole signing up for a 2-year contract, paying $35 is because your buying the device (iphone) from AT&T/Apple.

You already have the phone. When Itunes "activates" it - it wont even ask you for any information, you wont even see anything on the screen, you just click "activate as new phone" after the restore using your pwned firmware file and poof, its done.
    ok thanks i'll give that a try.

try logging into your ATT account online. Under features or services, you should just be able to add the iphone data plan yourself. Good luck.