Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 ???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 ???
    I just purchased a 2g jailbroke and unlocked iphone and I am still figuring things out but I wanted to know is it worth losing the jailbreak to update to 2.0.2 ?? I see on here that alot of people re-jailbreak it after update but I am unsure how this works any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S. what is it that I would gain doing the upgrade other than getting to use the app store??

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

third party apps from the devs are supported under the new firmware, where as 1.1.4 gets very minimal supports nowaday.

type your title of this thread in the search field...and you will learn about it much more...then you can decide whether you want to upgrade or not...instructions of how to should come up too. Good Luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

bookem15 (2008-09-11)

Thanks

1.1.4 is solid, but I think it is about time you moved on.
    You can look forward to winterboard (the ultimate theming solution), a buggy installer, buggy customize, and the now-popular cydia.
    Unlock/jailbreak Guide for windows
    Unlock/jailbreak Guide for mac

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 461am For This Useful Post:

bookem15 (2008-09-11)

Thanks

I pulled the trigger and upgraded to 2.02 and your right I needed to move on great update but now there is the 2.1.lol. I will wait till they can jailbreak that one before updating to that. Thanks again

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I followed the guide and when i get to itunes to load the firmware. at the end it says failed to restore i think error 16 or something like that

Thanks

Did you use winpwn? If so hit shift then hit restore. You can do it as many times as it takes.

Thanks

I have only ever heard of itunes error 16 in relation to downgrading for 2.0 to 1.1.4.
    Regardless, lets try to solve this. What itunes version are you using? And are you sure your phone is in dfu mode? Screen should be blank (while on).

Thanks

Are you upgrading or downgrading? Also what is the error you are getting?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i have itunes 7.7.0.43 Like i said I dont remember the error all i know is that i used winpwn 2.5 I tryed it twice and no luck. I'm trying to upgrading from 1.1.3 to 2.0.2

Ok, I am a new, newbie and I have read and re-read and just have one question. I brought a 8GB 1.1.4 unlock/jailbroke phone. I have t-mobile service and everything works fine. Now when I plug it up to the computer the i-tunes ask about an upgrade to 2.0, I was told that if I upgrade that my phone will lock and I won't be able to use it with t-mobile anymore. Is that true? Thanks for helping out the newbie!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nextgenius View Post
    i have itunes 7.7.0.43 Like i said I dont remember the error all i know is that i used winpwn 2.5 I tryed it twice and no luck. I'm trying to upgrading from 1.1.3 to 2.0.2
    You should upgrade to an unmodified 2.0.2 first, and then try to restore through a custom one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tana292 View Post
    Ok, I am a new, newbie and I have read and re-read and just have one question. I brought a 8GB 1.1.4 unlock/jailbroke phone. I have t-mobile service and everything works fine. Now when I plug it up to the computer the i-tunes ask about an upgrade to 2.0, I was told that if I upgrade that my phone will lock and I won't be able to use it with t-mobile anymore. Is that true? Thanks for helping out the newbie!
    Sure you can upgrade, but you'd have to go through the whole jailbreak/unlock process again, as illustrated above.
    Last edited by 461am; 2008-09-12 at 09:43 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 461am For This Useful Post:

Tana292 (2008-09-13)

Default just to clarify
    i have a 1.1.4 software iphone (not 3G) that i downgraded from 2.0 when i got it and jailbreaked. i am using t-mobile

if i follow the instructions on iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0.x 2G iPhone (Windows) [WinPwn 2.5]

i can successfully upgrade back to 2.0 and then jailbreak the phone again without bricking it?

please help.. 1.1.4 is driving me nuts with the syncing music and i dont have an appstore ahh!!

thanks!

Thanks

yes you can, just follow the guide.

Default yeah i did
    Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    yes you can, just follow the guide.
    i did follow the guide... 4 times! and everytime winpwn has crashed on me right at the final step before i go to ituned.i was able to get to DFU mode and then winpwn would crash and iphone would have a white screen.

i just decided to go to itunes and try the restore to see what happens... im still waiting on it
    itunes is saying preparing iphone software for restore

my phone has just been through the update from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 but now its not syncing to itunes.

its been plugged in for 45 minutes when it said syncing and now another 20 since its siad cancelling sync

eh?
    Last edited by mdinh26; 2008-09-15 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i keep getting a message that there is an error 1600 something when i try restoring with itunes...