Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring without connecting to itunes?

Default Restoring without connecting to itunes?
    Whats up guys, Ive got a problem. I need to restore my iphone so I can take it to apple for them to fix it with the warranty it has. Its unlocked though and installer and ssh is still on my phone. The problem is that when I plug it into my wall charger it won't recognize it neither will itunes when I plug it into my computer. If I plug it into an fm transmitter in my car it will charge though. So thats why im taking it to get fixed or replaced. How can i restore it (ive tried holding the home and power button but i cant connect to itunes so that does no good) or make it look like it hasnt been jailbroken.??

Thanks guys

once u have jailbroken ur iphone the waranty is no longer good. apple will not do nothing to help u. i bricked up my iphone pretty bad once. it was briked for about a week or so. i took it to my apple dealer where i live {mobistar} and told me i was **** out of luck since i jail broke it.u see they will plug it inot their puter and try to load it from their itunes with the firmware from itunes. it won't work cause u jailbroke ur phone. so i am afraid to say they will tell u there is nothing they can do to help you.

maybe if u gave a more detailed description of you problem or use the search feature of the forum you can get your problem fixed, gl.

if your laptop is a of download winpwn 2.5, install
    It then build a custom ipsw file. Once this is done follow the instruction to put your phone into dfu mode. Then try installing the 2.0.2 firmware again. If that doesn't solve the prob then then put the phone in dfu mode again and ship to apple.