Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting fed up of my jailbroken 3G iPhone.........

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Getting fed up of my jailbroken 3G iPhone.........
    I jailbroke my 3G iPhone this past weekend and my phone has become so slow now. I first upgraded the firmware to 2.0.2 and then used QwkPwn to jailbreak it. Very smooth and painless process.

By slow I mean everything takes much longer to start, going from one page to the next (applications pages) takes a split second. It's as if the phone has developed Alzheimer’s disease or something.

The overall experience of jailbreaking has been positive in that I have customized the phone's look, installed BossPref's, WinterBoard and a couple of other cool apps like "swapcamera role". I haven't gone crazy with the free apps, and have a bunch of others from the App store.

Makes no sense why my phone is so damn slow to respond to anything now.

I am at the point of going back to the virgin status of my phone.

Can anyone help me figure this out before I go back to the "non-jailbroken" state?

I noticed the exact same thing happening. Everyday things were moving slower and slower! Then other strange errors started to occur. Something is definitely corrupting things.

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

do you ever actually turn it off? really power it down? sliding the red slider accross...
    i know that was an issue with JB'ed touches- they would get slow over time if you didnt power off at least once a week- it takes a while- surprisingly-

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I too would like to know how to make it go back to virgin status.

Just something I want to do while I've still got warranty on it.

Please help.

^^ if you wanna go back to virgin status, just restore back to original firmware. do not JB, and that should be it. if you are talking about going back to virgin status with JB, then try to power off your phone and turn it back on once in a while. i too notice this slowness, but it does not bother me. i just power it down, and power it back up. you wont miss a call for a few seconds of powering it down. but if you dont like this method, then i guess JB-ing is not for you.

OLD INFO I forgot where to get this again. Link?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluaeon View Post
    ^^ if you wanna go back to virgin status, just restore back to original firmware. do not JB, and that should be it. if you are talking about going back to virgin status with JB, then try to power off your phone and turn it back on once in a while. i too notice this slowness, but it does not bother me. i just power it down, and power it back up. you wont miss a call for a few seconds of powering it down. but if you dont like this method, then i guess JB-ing is not for you.
    So you're saying simply hitting 'Restore' in iTunes should remove Winpwn?

^^ it should, as it did on mine. when i did pwnage tool the first time, i forgot to uncheck "activate phone" and it did not give me any carrier since i am on att. i restored back to original ipsw that came from apple and did the pwnage tool again. it worked like a charm. give it a try, it wouldnt hurt anything.

OLD INFO I forgot where to get this again. Link?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I like the jailbroken state of the phone simply because of the degree of customization, however I noticed that another user said his phone also became much slower and all he had installed was WinterBoard.

I have the same software on mine, so am wondering if that is the culprit. Perhaps if I remove it, that might solve my problem. However if I do remove this, how would I manage the Porsche theme I put on? Same thing with the fuel gauge and the Talking Alerts that I have on there.

Is everybody using WinterBoard to manage themes and other stuff you install or is there some other way to do that?
    8 GB 3G iPhone
    $20/month voice - 250 anytime minutes, unlimited weekdays after 8:00 PM, unlimited weekends, Free Rogers to Rogers calls
    $30/month 6GB, $15/month VVM
    Total after $10 credit before taxes is $62.

Default so damn slow !!
    Yeah, slow as hell... disgusting how slow. I dont remember jailbroken phones to be this slow, 2g and 3g older versions.

SO WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?

does rebooting once in a while do the trick? or is it something i just have to deal with, the price we pay for kick *** apps...

please respond my patience is history.

much love

Thanks

Mine is so slow as well.Whats even slower? What is even slower? Waiting for the darn phone to power cycle down!!!!! it takes about 10 min to completely reboot. Oh, and that's not to mention that it takes forever to complete any task.
    LIVE FOR TODAY,
    BECAUSE TOMORROW
    IS NEVER PROMISED"

I noticed this recently on my 2g unlocked/jb'd phone. I have removed pretty much everything except winterboard and it's still slow. Slower than normal, like 1 second delay on certain buttons before they activate. I just upgraded and got a 3gs, gave the 2g to the gf, so I'm sure she will have me do more work on it to get it speedier but I'm not sure what's up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You guys experiencing all this slowness should do what I did. I backed up my contacts to my pc (I use a vista machine). You can do this through iTunes.

Shut down iTunes

Now do a complete reset of your iPhone - do this through settings on the phone and voila your phone will be back to factory status and will be just as fast as it was when you got it new.

I did that and I am sooooo happy.
    8 GB 3G iPhone
    $20/month voice - 250 anytime minutes, unlimited weekdays after 8:00 PM, unlimited weekends, Free Rogers to Rogers calls
    $30/month 6GB, $15/month VVM
    Total after $10 credit before taxes is $62.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Restore then add all your apps again one by one. See which causes a slowdown the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh