Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Damsel in Distress

Default Damsel in Distress
    Ok so I've been searching the forums for a few hours, and have seen quite a few people having the same problem as me, but no solutions. I have been running 1.1.1 revirginized for awhile now. Every few weeks it starts hanging, and crashing. I would just do a restore, and it would work fine for a week or two. But now it wont even take a restore. I have tried in every mode I have read. DHU, iBrickr, with the sim card w/o the card, reinstalled itunes. Every time I get the same 2 errors: 1611 if for 1.1.1, and 1 if for 1.0.2. Because of the partial restore, I don't have any apps, and it will not stay connected to WiFi long enough to install any. I have read, and attempted any guide that seemed to apply to no avail. At this point I just need a reliable phone. Can't anyone help me?

I would try an "Upgrade" to 1.1.3. I am assuming your running on AT&T. If the phone wont respond to that......time to visit Apple. Its still under warrenty and If you cant get it to respond to a USB connection and play nice, they probably wont be able to either. In which case you get a new one! Trust me, I've been through it. Fried mine using an ipod charger (which charges at 12v, iphone uses only 5v) and took it in, the "genius" gave me a new one even after looking at all me cool apps and themes from jailbreaking it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

KatetheKitten (2008-02-20)

Thanks for the quick response! I'm sorry I forgot to mention this, but I bought this phone from T-mobile. So I don't think I have any sort of warranty. As a matter of fact, the guy never even gave me the at&t sim. Every once in awhile it does recognize the usb connection, and that's when it'll play nice and take the restore. Is there any trick to forcing this, or do I just have to keep putting it in DFU mode and restarting my pc? I'm pretty sure I haven't fried it.

Thanks

i would restore to 1.1.3..then jalibreak and unlock using ziphone!!for 1.1.3..also if you get a error restoring to 1.1.3 ..its itunes no your phone..you need to remove itunes from your system.then reinstall itunes!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jedinight For This Useful Post:

KatetheKitten (2008-02-20)

Thanks Jedi, you're like my knight in shining...uh robes I guess lol. 1.1.3 is fully safe for T-mobile sims now? I've seen a few posts concerning OSx, but haven't seen too many for windows yet...I'll check it out. Thanks again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

try and follow THIS step-by-step guide to upgrading to 1.1.3 with ZiPhone. your t-mobile sim should work fine!
    Last edited by snorkrat; 2008-02-21 at 12:44 AM.

Thanks snorkrat! But I am still having a problem, and getting quite nervous. I can't seem to restore to any version now. I keep getting error 1611. I uninstalled itunes, and tried with 3 different versions. (7.3.1.3 to 7.5.0.20) I know 100 percent I was in DHU mode. I tried to kick it in dfu, then uninstall it from device manager, plug it back in, and try the restore that way, but I still get 1611. Any resolution anyone knows of?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

with ZiPhone run the -e command then try a restore again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

delete post
    Last edited by snorkrat; 2008-02-21 at 02:18 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to snorkrat For This Useful Post:

KatetheKitten (2008-02-21)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

delete post

Oh goodness I've really got troubles now. ZiPhone -e really seemed to work. Made it all the way through with no errors, but I don't think it actually erased anything as I could still see my alarm next to the battery. But I put it back in DFU, and still 1611. Are there any other erasing methods? I also tried to uninstall itunes, and I'm still getting that error. The only upside so far is that it seemed to resolve the usb issues, pc recognizes it every time now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi kate

I think the solution to this is:

DFU mode > shift-click RESTORE > downgrade to 1.0.2 > reboot phone > DFU mode > RESTORE (not upgrade) to 1.1.3. If you get any different (15xx) errors use iBrikr/indepenence to kick it out of DFU mode.

I hope this works

Ps - Firmware files can be found on the right hand side of my blog snorkrat.blogspot.com

16. The Following User Says Thank You to snorkrat For This Useful Post:

Thanks again for your time Snorkrat. Only problem is, since trying 1.1.3, it's not really giving a chance to any other firmware. Even in DFU mode as soon as I shift click any other FW, it says preparing to restore for half a second, and puts me straight to error code (1). I will try your suggestion starting the whole thing off with a ziphone -e.

No such luck, now I have repair needed. Can't open any apps, and still can't restore. Any other erase techniques that I haven't tried yet?
    Last edited by KatetheKitten; 2008-02-21 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I sure would love to see a 15xx error. I've tried every which way now from ziphone -e with the sim and without. I can't seem to restore to any version now. Never even gets passed the preparing to restore mode at all anymore. Tried a full restore as well as upgrades from every possible mode. DFU, iBoot recovery, and "normal". It still says I'm running 1.1.1 when it actually comes up. Most of the time it displays "repair needed" Have I damaged the secpack? I'm ready to cry...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

why don't you take it back to the store/person you bought it from? and i'm guessing you got it from a tmobile authorized dealer, not an actual tmobile store, right?

Yeah it was a dealer. And they made a point of telling me never to update it from 1.0.2, but I just couldn't help myself. They fully explained to me that there would be no warranty, (you break it you buy it in a Korean accent) I had bricked it once from a 1.1.1 upgrade, and was able to bring it back...I really don't wanna give up hope, especially with ziphone out now, seems like such a powerful tool. Just can't seem to get a good erase...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

haha i'm sure your phone is fixable. check your pm in 5 minutes

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post: