Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4 reasons why I won't upgrade to 1.1.3

Thanks

3) there isn't a ZiPhone Windows GUI for 111 and 112 firmware (except for OTB)
    Yes there is. I used it yesterday to re-jailbreak my 1.1.3 on 3.9 bootloader (originally 1.0.2 OOB). I restored to 1.1.3 in iTunes (version 7.6, by the way) and then ran Ziphone. You can check or uncheck features as you want. I just did "jailbreak".

Get the GUI here: http://www.iphone.unlock.no

Some Apps dont work, well it takes time for dvelopers to catch up and all the various methods of getting to 1.1.3 has made this almost impossible. If everyone did a fresh restore to 1.1.3 and used ZiPhone life would be much easier for developers and apps would be available more quickly.
    This may be true as the programs are installe, but there are fixes for most every issue. Use Google and you will find fixes for just about every issue. I have all my programs running with the exception of 5 icon dock which is a known roadblock. Oh and i cant get iAno to run in a Categories submenu. Minor.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    so you dont want Wiggly icons and websites on the home screen and locate me and multiple sms contacts fine then

Really, you did not have all this in 1.1.2? Bummer dude!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    ZiPhone doesn't require downgrading of any kind. Why go through the hassle?
    That method is not "Perfect", the fixes are patches that could be avoided doing it the longer, but more thorough way. I just like doing things right. Nothing done well is done easy.

Patches are B.S. Doing it the longer way requires NO PATCHES IN ANWAY.

That's when it's done well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    That method is not "Perfect", the fixes are patches that could be avoided doing it the longer, but more thorough way. I just like doing things right. Nothing done well is done easy.

Patches are B.S. Doing it the longer way requires NO PATCHES IN ANWAY.

That's when it's done well.
    Um.. what are you talking about? The "longer way" IS a patch. Using Nate's or the Dev's method isn't even an upgrade, it makes several patches and overwrites some of the existing system files. Which has caused, as the many many threads have pointed out, quite a bit of headache and frustrations.

Upgrading to 1.1.3 via iTunes IS the proper way to perform the upgrade, or are you disputing that? When following the simple steps from the readme, no one (that should be in bold too) has had a problem with ZiPhone. I did the upgrade, and in 45 seconds my iPhone was jailbroken and activated with all functions working (Wifi, EDGE, YouTube, Safari, VPN, etc).

Oh, and by the way, when you're putting down ZiPhone, you're taking shots at GeoHot. All Zibri actually did was take his coding, automated it and slapped a nice GUI on it.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

how do u downgrade back to 1.1.1 using ziphone? i also used to have 111 before upgrading.

Thanks

ZiPhone isn't used for downgrading Firmware. It's used for Jailbreaking, Activating and Unlocking. And if you so choose, downgrading the baseband. You still downgrade via iTunes using a saved 1.1.1 firmware file, in your case.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12