Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help my Iphone back to life!!!!!!!!

Default Please help my Iphone back to life!!!!!!!!
    OK, had an unlocked 1.0.2 version and needed to upgrade to 1.1.3 as found that some software would not work, I went into itunes and downloaded the 1.1.3 software, This is where i think my first error was, It went into emergency mode and i ran ZIphone but since then all I get is the Apple LOGO in the middle of the screen and nothing else and what ever i do by pressing the buttons it only switches the Logo on and off, can not get it back into emergency mode, Think the phone is well mixed up, Please help me get it back to life, i am at a lose have been reading and reading on this site on how to but pretty lost to be honest, Any information with be recieved with a LARGE SMILE Thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there.

i have a guide on my blog snorkrat.blogspot.com that is a STEP-BY-STEP guide to using Ziphone for upgrading. If you follow that guide, putting it into DFU mode when it says etc, then you SHOULD be able to get your phone working again. It's fixed a few people's phones who have had problems with ZiPhone.

Basically it is there to make sure you are doing everything right, and also has a few little additions like installing Open SSH BEFORE you unlock just incase you need to SSH into the phone if installer app goes funny.

Anyway, scroll down or check the links at the left of snorkrat.blogspot.com for the guide.

Good luck!

-snorkrat

thank you snorkrat,
    have read the instructions you are telling me to, The main problem i have though is that Itunes does not see the Iphone anymore just sits there with a black screen with the apple logo in it, pressed alsorts of buttons but got no where, Did as it asks but fail at first hurdle because the phone does not talk to itunes.... What can i do?

thank you snorkrat,
    have read the instructions you are telling me to, The main problem i have though is that Itunes does not see the Iphone anymore just sits there with a black screen with the apple logo in it, pressed alsorts of buttons but got no where, Did as it asks but fail at first hurdle because the phone does not talk to itunes.... What can i do?

the computer simply does not seem to see the Iphone never mind what i do.
    Last edited by cricket; 2008-02-20 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

have you put the iphone in to DFU mode.....if not hold the home and sleep button for for about 5 seconds then release only the home button....keep holdong the sleep button for another 5 second or alil longer it itunes is already open then you should see the iphone in recovery mode message pop up....then do your restore or whatever you want to.

OK thank you so far for all the help you lads have given me, [I] have now got my phone back to the Itunes/cable logo, I have done a restore on the itunes application, Now i have been following the instructions on http://snorkrat.blogspot.com/ and got as far as 17th stage where as soon as i ran it itunes popped up and ziphone software just sits there looking for my phone and the phone itself just switches back into that Apple in the middle of the screen mode, I Now know how to get it back to the Itunes/cable screen by pressing the on and home buttons but just keeps failing at stage 17, I am using ziphone 2.0 gui as the 2.4 vesion will not load for some reason keeps coming up with an error...... Any more help please......Thanks Nige

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    OK thank you so far for all the help you lads have given me, [I] have now got my phone back to the Itunes/cable logo, I have done a restore on the itunes application, Now i have been following the instructions on http://snorkrat.blogspot.com/ and got as far as 17th stage where as soon as i ran it itunes popped up and ziphone software just sits there looking for my phone and the phone itself just switches back into that Apple in the middle of the screen mode, I Now know how to get it back to the Itunes/cable screen by pressing the on and home buttons but just keeps failing at stage 17, I am using ziphone 2.0 gui as the 2.4 vesion will not load for some reason keeps coming up with an error...... Any more help please......Thanks Nige
    try it with iTunes + iTunes helper completely closed. It's not ment to be done this way - but might work.

Default same problem
    I have the same problem. All I have is the apple logo. If I hold the power button and the home button the phone will turn off if I let go of the home button the phone turns on to the apple logo but nothing else happens. Help please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goofytruax View Post
    I have the same problem. All I have is the apple logo. If I hold the power button and the home button the phone will turn off if I let go of the home button the phone turns on to the apple logo but nothing else happens. Help please
    Let go of the POWER button - keep holding the home button!

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    Try running the -e command with ZiPhone. This will erase the data on your phone. Then DFU mode > restore to 1.1.3 then try ZiPhone again!
    My iPhone blog - Fixes, tips, etc.

1.1.2 iPhone OTB - Unlocked to ALL networks
    - Now on 1.1.4
    - Bootloader 3.9
    - Modem Firmware 04.04.05_G

If you find my posts helpful, please click thanks!