Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My 1.1.4 Unlocked / JB iPhone Needs Restore

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

Default My 1.1.4 Unlocked / JB iPhone Needs Restore
    Bear with me guys and gals, I'm pretty new to all this and bought this unlocked and jailbroken iphone on ebay a while again. It's 1.1.4 and my SP is T-Mobile. I was watching a vidoe today while getting ready to leave the Hospital (wife just had a new baby girl...YEAH!) and my iPhone shut down. Every time I try to boot it up (turn it on) I get the icon that asks me to connect iTunes. I connect and it tells me I must restore it. No other options?? I'm using iTunes 7.2.6.9.

I figure if I have to restore I may as well upgrade to 2.0.2. I'm using Windows Vista. Will I loose everything when I restore?

I tried searched the guides but I didn't see anything that mentioned what hapens when I restore.

Sorry for the newbie questions...thanks for any and all help!

Yes you are going to lose everything.

Thanks

I restored it...it only let's me get to Emergency Calls now. I guess I'll research how to go from here. It's 1.1.4 locked now I assume. Use QuickOwnRC3 now?

Use quickpwn for mac or pc. This will jailbreak your iphone and activate it. blog.iphone-dev.org

Thanks

Ok, I'm confused. I want to upgrade to 2.0.2 but I have 1.1.4 firmware. Since I'm T-Mobile, do I need to unlock it first before using Quickpwn? The QuickpwnRC3 says only for 2.x versions of firmware. Since my iPhone is wiped clean and restored can I just dl the newer firmware from this site and use that?

Sorry, total newbie...thanks for any help!

Ok, I used Ziphone to activate and jailbreak, but I still can't unlock it. It's still 1.1.4. How do I upgrade it to 2.0.2 so I can unlock it with Winpwn? I DL the firmware...how do I get it on my phone? Do I use itunes? I'm currently using iTunes 7.6...
    Last edited by Bigperm26; 2008-09-02 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I'll assume you're operating system is windows, go here:- http://www.modmyi.com/forums/news/25...-released.html
    you'll get everything you need, also upgrade itunes to the latest version 7.7.
    Last edited by mickish1953; 2008-09-02 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks

Ok I followed to guide and everything seemed to work fine. Restored with custom firmware and upgraded iTunes to latest version. (Yes I'm windows user).

Now what? I'm a T-Mobile user and my sim card won't work. Can't do anything yet...

How do I unlock now? I guess I thought that's what I was doing with WinPwn 2.0?

I appreciate the help and will gladly thank you if I can get past this hurdle.

You can check out these links

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0.x 2G iPhone (Windows) [WinPwn 2.5]

Winpwn 2.5 Guide - iPhone News & Review

Both talk about the jb/unlock. I am relatively new to this also but found these sites informative. I also used ziphone to jb/unlock 1.1.4 and it worked except for the youtube which required an additional fix.

Congrats on the baby girl!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rgt168 For This Useful Post:

Bigperm26 (2008-09-03)

Thanks

Hey thanks guys. I fixed it and am now on 2.0.2 FW unlocked and jailbroke! Used Winpwn 2.5...what an assume program! So dang easy to use and follow! I'm going to donate a couple bucks to those guys! Keep it up!

So far so good, except fo the T-Zones hack, but I'll research the in the proper forum!

Thanks rgt168!