Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can't ssh into 1.1.3?

Default can't ssh into 1.1.3?
    i just did the ziphone method and i installed openssh. restarted the phone twice and for some reason i can't ssh into my phone. i got the ip and it just doesn't want to connect on cyberduck. root/alpine....i know im not doing anything wrong....

i even loaded iphonebrowser on windows and it doesn't show my root. just says phone isn't jailbroken although i have full access to everything.

do u get a time out error message. i use winscp this was the problem

the first time u log in with scp it takes 30-45 sec so u have to change the time out time.in the log in window on the left are options click on the connection one change the time out time to 50 seconds. when you log in next time it will say no answer but it will also say still waiting or some thing like that just wait it will work.

alright thanks, i'll switch over to windows and try it now...

its weird as hell because that didn't work. when i loaded up iphonebrowser, it says phone connected but not jailbroken. i tried idemocracy and it says phone connected but factory activated.

wtf.
    Last edited by mikerzt; 2008-02-19 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Sometimes when I turn on SSH on the iPhone I need to restart after I turn it on before I can connect through ssh.

So turn on SSH then restart phone and see if that helps.

its on constantly...i used to transfer files back and forth so i just left it on. i do download stuff like services or bosspref but man, it still isn't working...