Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Post-Jailbreak Performance

Default Post-Jailbreak Performance
    I'm totally new to iPhones and am doing a little research on how to jailbreak. I've read a bunch of guides and think I understand the basic process using QuickPwn, but I haven't been able to nail down any details of how things work after jailbreaking. Specifically...

1. After QuickPwning, how will this affect iTunes syncs? When I DL new music and want to add the songs to iPhone, will iTunes still sync properly? What about the iTunes backup process?

2. Also pertaining to iTunes backup/restore, will I still be able to restore from the iTunes backup to revirginize the phone or will the virgin backup be overwritten if I sync/backup via iTunes after Jailbreaking? If it is overwritten, can I put the phone in DFU mode, Shift+Restore, and use the IPSW should I need to revirginize?

Thanks for all the help!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Performance is the same as it was before jailbreaking. The only thing that will slow it down is possibley running alot of apps or bad apps. I have never had this issue. Backing up won;'t revirginize, it will only restore previous data (mainly contacts and music sets/playlists) You will need to do restore-mode and do a restore to revirginize. Also syncing with itunes is not an issue. In fact this is the only way I am aware of to currently get music onto the iphone.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings