Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Total Brick?

Default Total Brick?
    I just recently bought an iPhone and am interested in Jailbreaking it for some of the great third party applications and themes. I don't have any interest in unlocking it because I already have the ATT plan. Before I jailbeak I wanted to know if from just jailbreaking is it possible to totally brick the iphone to where i would not be able to restore it. If it is just something where I would have to restore it if something messes up then that is fine, but I want to know if there is a chance that something could screw up where it would not be usable again. Thanks for the help.

Thanks

As always, there are no guarantees.
    That being said, everything that pwnage/winpwn could do to your phone is reversible (read: frustration) via itunes restore.

Are you on a Mac or Windows PC? QuickPwn is what you need, and download a copy of your phones FW (firmware). Make sure you grab the right FW. Some people accidentally grab the 2G's FW or the one for the Touch by mistake. Put it on your Desktop. Download QuickPwn to your Desktop, and then extract it there too. Then, right-click over the QuickPwn.exe and extract it again. You'll get some more folders. Drop the FW file in there and run the QuickPwn.exe file in there. Follow the steps, and you'll be done in moments. -fin