Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with SSH into iPhone 1.1.3

Default Problems with SSH into iPhone 1.1.3
    Hoa-key" so I got my Iphone (1.1.3) and it's dope.. and i figure hey what the hell time to hack this puppy.. but I’m "semi-pro" so it did not take me far to hit 60000 road blocks..

The progs already on it:

Installer/BSDsubsystem/OpenSSH/SummerBoard

so here I go with the questions:

1) I downloaded Total Commander with T-Pot but I only see these directories

Artwork
    iTunes
    Music
    Ringtones

Nowhere do I see an applications folder nor the spoken about /var/lib....
    Am I missing a step?

2) I Downloaded WinSCP and Putty, got my ip address, used the user: root pass: alpine but can't connect. I keep getting "Network Error: TimedOut" message. I'm running Vista btw.. is there an extra step. I also read that OpenSSH has to be "active" in your Iphone. Is there a way to "activate" it after I install it through iPhone's Installer?

--------------------------

1)It looks like the Ringtone folder is write protected.

2) Found a simple guide to create my own custom ringtones. It's the one where you acc what ever song is in your music lib and then dupe it drag to your desktop change it's ext to m4r and play it and it loads into your ringtone dir in itunes.. but when i sync.. it is not on my iphone.

--------------------------------------------
    I realize that this thread reeks.. of NOOBizm.. but I put my pride aside and ask for help anyways..
    Last edited by wildrain2002; 2008-02-17 at 11:22 PM.

the first time u log in with scp it takes 30-45 sec so u have to change the time out time.in the log in window on the left are options click on the connection one change the time out time to 50 seconds. when you log in next time it will say no answer but it will also say still waiting or some thing like that just wait it will work. for ringtones i use pc iphone suite get it here

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...o=file&id=2135
    Last edited by stereo313; 2008-02-18 at 04:33 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildrain2002 View Post
    1) I downloaded Total Commander with T-Pot but I only see these directories

Artwork
    iTunes
    Music
    Ringtones

Nowhere do I see an applications folder nor the spoken about /var/lib....
    Am I missing a step?
    The folders you are looking at are down the chain a little - I think they are /private/var/root/Media (I may be wrong because it changed between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 but the point is the same). I'm not entirely sure how you're accessing the iPhone with Total Commander but you need to get to a higher folder level - either by mounting the phone at the root (/) level or but navigating upwards in TC.
    iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
    iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned